• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

High Desert Distance Challenge 2016

I heard that after Wiggins made that throw Lizotte hit him over the head with a folding chair and pinned him.

I heard that after Wiggins made that throw Lizotte hit him over the head with a folding chair and pinned him.

After hearing this, I have lost all respect for Lizotte. And shame on the WFDF folks for leaving a folding chair in such close proximity to the competitors! This never should have happened. Did they have security personnel onsite?

Now that would be espn news: record breaking throwers decide to duke this one out. "My right arm is so tired I can see no other choice but to slug you with a good quick left"..

Har...Har..

I think I would have been pissed. Similiar story with Jarvis and Sandstrom- when Sandstrom capitalized on a bit higher wind speed and took home the title...

Like the fact some good ole healthy drama is coming out of this one. They sure won't forget this years comp!

Lizotte, thinking he could absorb Wiggins' power and add it to his own, actually ate David's arm after knocking him out. It was a brutal scene, but Lizottoe immediately threw over 2000' feet.

Everyone there that I talked to on Saturday said it is harder to throw in the higher winds, and we are all disc golfers here - we know the same to be true. Credit where it's due, folks.

This, hell I can't make a 15 foot put in a tailwind, crap hits the bottom of the pole every time

Everyone there that I talked to on Saturday said it is harder to throw in the higher winds, and we are all disc golfers here - we know the same to be true. Credit where it's due, folks.

And do you expect anyone outside of disc golf to understand this? Good luck with that.

They are amazing throws to be sure but you cannot tell me the wind doesn't make a huge difference. If it didn't then let's see them throw 1k when it's dead calm.

I also heard that the location is biased downhill by half a degree. That has to add at least 150' more to the distance. :|

Bunch of jealous children in this thread.

I'm guessing future HDDC events will be cancelled, postponed, low turnout, etc, on anything less than 50mph winds now.

Record is bogus. If I sanction an event on the moon does that mean the records are legit?

We need a new governing body for distance records. One mold available, one easily accessible location, with minor wind. And no more WFDF, PDGA cut ties with them anyways, using them to sanction is just ridiculous.

Guys, this isn't disc golf. It's a frisbee distance competition. It's played in the desert where winds are always strong. This is how this competition is played. Deal with it

Good luck to anyone thinking they can throw like that in a 40mph tailwind. Every competitor had the same conditions and even got to choose the discs of their liking.

And do you expect anyone outside of disc golf to understand this? Good luck with that.

They are amazing throws to be sure but you cannot tell me the wind doesn't make a huge difference. If it didn't then let's see them throw 1k when it's dead calm.

Everyone on this thread is a disc golfer who should understand this, which was why I made that point. Yet here everyone is getting up in arms about it.

Record is bogus. If I sanction an event on the moon does that mean the records are legit?

We need a new governing body for distance records. One mold available, one easily accessible location, with minor wind. And no more WFDF, PDGA cut ties with them anyways, using them to sanction is just ridiculous.

But it's a WFDF record, not a PDGA record. I suppose the PDGA could have its own event if it wanted to, but it wasn't just for disc golfers.

Guys, this isn't disc golf. It's a frisbee distance competition. It's played in the desert where winds are always strong. This is how this competition is played. Deal with it

Ok. Then it's a dumb competition and these so called "records" mean nothing to me.

I also heard that the location is biased downhill by half a degree. That has to add at least 150' more to the distance. :|

Bunch of jealous children in this thread.

Dang right I am jealous but I'm not stupid either. These aren't "records" these are "let's see how much Mother Nature can help me out today." That wind had an enormous effect on distance otherwise they wouldn't have been throwing DOWNWIND.

-Dave

How many record attempts of any kind are made when the mother nature wasn't lending a helping hand?

This thread makes my head hurt.

Everyone on this thread is a disc golfer who should understand this, which was why I made that point. Yet here everyone is getting up in arms about it.

But it's a WFDF record, not a PDGA record. I suppose the PDGA could have its own event if it wanted to, but it wasn't just for disc golfers.

I'm not "up in arms" I'm pointing out silliness when I see it. Not having a set wind speed maximum standard like many other sports has when it comes to world records is well, silly.

I think this record is just incredible. I've seen both of these gents throw in person before and it is astounding. The ability to get a disc moving fast enough to handle those winds is something only a hand full of golfers on the planet can do.

That would depend on whether or not you follow the guidelines set forth by the WFDF (hmmm...do their guidelines only qualify on Earth?)