• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Highest Disc Golf Course in the World?

Webslinger

Par Member
Per the Fall 2013 Number 19 issue of discgolfer article titled, "Highest Disc Golf Course in the World", by Paul Francz #3289 PDGA Euro Tour contact.

He lists the current title of highest disc golf course in the world as Torrent Disc Golf course, Leukerbad, Switzerland at 2,350 meters (7,700 feet). Other "alpine" courses he lists (all in Switzerland) are Thyon and Veysonnaz at 2,000 meters (6,600 feet) and Schmitten, Austria at 1,850 meters (6,100 feet).
All courses listed in the article are located in the Alps, but as far as the title "Highest Disc Golf Course in the World", they all fall extremely short of courses in the U.S.
I know of three courses in Utah that all start out at 9,000 ft. plus and end at 7,500 feet plus. Solitude, The Canyons and Brian Head. Brian Head's first teepad is located at 11,000 ft. elevation.
Maybe the article should have been titled, "Highest Disc Golf Course in Europe".

Kirkwood starts at the base of 7800 and you walk up and down all over the right side of the ski mountain. awesome course.

Most of the super high altitude courses require lift access to get a certain point, and you work your way down.

I'm pretty sure most of the CO Rocky Mountain disc golf courses are at least as high as those.

China peak is 8800
Sunrise in Arizona is around 10,600

Brian's head in Utah is over 10,000

I saw this article and thought the same thing. There is a course in South America that I added last year that's pretty high but not over 10,000. Yeah article title is way off.

Doesn't Yellowstone have a course? Cause the plateau averages 8,000 feet, which is taller than any of the Euro courses. And that's just where the mountains start.

I looked up a bunch of altitudes based on the lat/lon of the course.

The top of the list was White Oak Park, Dallas, GA at 16,078 feet. But, it turned out that was with a POSITIVE figure for the longitude, which would have moved the course to Tibet.

Anyway, here are the 10,000 footers I found:

Brian Head Resort DGC in Brian Head, Utah at 10,888 ft
Adventure Ridge in Vail, Colorado at 10,301 ft
Beaver Creek Resort in Avon, Colorado at 10,217 ft
Camp Como in Como, Colorado at 10,065 ft
Colorado Mountain College, Leadville in Leadville, Colorado at 10,034 ft

The highest outside the U.S. was Incapuquio Golf Club in Toquepala, Peru at 8,743 ft

My Europe data is probably not very good.

Nice work Steve, I call my home courses Peak One in Frisco (9075 ft.) and Colorado Mountain College in Leadville (10,034 ft.). Now I need to get over to Brian Head Resort to play the highest!

11,212' elevation ajax disc

The Aspen Mountain Disc Golf Course, called Kiss The Sky, is an 18 hole disc golf course. Starting at the top of Aspen Mountain at an elevation of 11,212 feet, it is the highest disc golf course in the world.

Mt. Bachelor, Mt. Shasta, Bijou Park and Zephy Cove all taller here in the Cascades and Sierras

Mt. Bachelor, Mt. Shasta, Bijou Park and Zephy Cove all taller here in the Cascades and Sierras

easy killer

bachelor is listed at 7700
Bijou and Zephyr both only 6500
shasta elevation not listed but highest ski lift in shasta goes to 6500 so unless you climb another couple thousand feet then those are all lower than Beaver Ranch here in the front range

Aspen still #1 from what I've seen

Latest posts