• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Hobbs Farm - Looking for a well traveled player's review

blazerico

Eagle Member
I'm heading to GA this weekend and just found out Flyboy is closed. Kinda bummed, but now i can play a few others in the area. Hobbs Farm is really new and no trusted reviewers have submitted reviews yet. I'm wondering if any well traveled players have had a chance to play Hobbs and if I should try to play it instead of some of the other ATL area courses? thanks!

I'm heading to GA this weekend and just found out Flyboy is closed. Kinda bummed, but now i can play a few others in the area. Hobbs Farm is really new and no trusted reviewers have submitted reviews yet. I'm wondering if any well traveled players have had a chance to play Hobbs and if I should try to play it instead of some of the other ATL area courses? thanks!

Absolutely. I personally have it as my second or third favorite behind Flyboy. I am a big fan of Perkeson as well though some do not like it due to the area that it's in. But that is the only other course in the Atlanta area that is even close to Hobbs in my opinion

thanks. My list of options, in no order are below. Locals - feel free to rank them in order of importance.
Tyus
NGCT
Mulberry
McCurry
Perkerson
Moseley
Boundary waters
Hobbs Farm

I fly in Friday mid-morning, so I'm thinking:

Friday: Tyus, Moseley
Sat: NGCT, Mulberry
Sun: Hobbs, Boundary Waters
Mon-Tue: Perkerson or whatever else I can after conference (I'm actually in ATL for "work")
If weather acts up, I will change as necessary to get the better courses in

I just came back from an Atlanta trip and enjoyed the heck out of Hobbs, Perkerson, Tyus and Boundary Waters Park.

Since Hobbs of the topic I will start there. Very great long course. Red, White and Blue tees offer as much challenge as you can handle. The one thing I find strange is parking by the church with no access to a rest room close to the start. There is also ample parking inside the park, rest rooms and 2 or 3 holes that played right by a parking area with a rest room. Seems this would be the place to put hole 1. If I play again I would park inside the park and start there.

I also loved Perkerson. We were a group of 3 that played around 11:00 am on a Tuesday. From what I could see any old reviews about the course being in a bad area are long since past. I saw beautiful homes on three sides of the park. The course address brings you to a parking lot by hole 4. I spoke with other locals that also park there and not by hole 1. There is a large playground with splash park for the kids and lots of families giving me a very safe feeling parking there. From there you just throw hole #4 for a warm up and tee 1 will be by basket 4.

We also loved Tyus & Boundary Waters Park. I very much enjoyed our Atlanta trip and would go back to all 4 of these. I did not review the courses as we only got to play each course once & I don't want to do some half way review. We played a lot of d-golf in 4 days and short of taking notes it was hard to retain it all.

thanks. My list of options, in no order are below. Locals - feel free to rank them in order of importance.
Tyus
NGCT
Mulberry
McCurry
Perkerson
Moseley
Boundary waters
Hobbs Farm

I fly in Friday mid-morning, so I'm thinking:

Friday: Tyus, Moseley
Sat: NGCT, Mulberry
Sun: Hobbs, Boundary Waters
Mon-Tue: Perkerson or whatever else I can after conference (I'm actually in ATL for "work")
If weather acts up, I will change as necessary to get the better courses in

If I were personally ranking those I'd say
Hobbs
Perk
Mulberry
NGCT
Tyus
Moseley
McCurry
Boundary

Keep in mind Moseley is an excellent course that i would rate a 4* so there is not a lot of seperation on this list.

Also Oregon Park is a great course and worth playing for sure. Really underated on this site. I believe there has been a redesign recently. I'd say it's better than Boundary and McCurry

Mulberry is worth the drive for sure. Depending on where you are staying in Atlanta, you may want to play Roswell Monday or Tuesday as the traffic can get crazy during the week. Now to my favorite subject, food! Eat at the Varsity downtown Atlanta and Houston's over by Lenox if possible. I also like Ray's in the City near the College Football HOF and CNN as well as Hal's .

Thanks for food suggestions! Sunday night through Wed I'm staying downtown within walking distance of the World Congress Center (where the conference is) everyone can feel free to make food recommendations. What kind of traffic can i expect if trying to get to Perkerson during the week?

Traffic to Perk won't be bad since you're only about 2 miles away. 15-20 min max in traffic, which would be from about 4-7pm. For visiting outlying courses, traveling north is tougher than going to the west or east on I-20. I suggest taking Uber to Perk, it would be really cheap and fast from there. For food, look at taking Uber to Ponce City Market and Krog Market, both have much better food than downtown and about 2 miles away.

Traffic to Perk won't be bad since you're only about 2 miles away. 15-20 min max in traffic, which would be from about 4-7pm. For visiting outlying courses, traveling north is tougher than going to the west or east on I-20. I suggest taking Uber to Perk, it would be really cheap and fast from there. For food, look at taking Uber to Ponce City Market and Krog Market, both have much better food than downtown and about 2 miles away.

Where do you suggest at Ponce City Market? I was there in March but we ate at Babette's and 4th and Swift nearby. I did like the outdoor store at Ponce also.

Any events going on that will prevent me from playing any of the courses? I'm about to check the reg sites, but figured I should ask here since dubs and tags rounds won't show up anywhere.

Little Mulberry usually has doubles Saturday at 2:00 pm. I haven't played doubles there recently, but typically there are 20 or less playing, so you can either join in or still play the course while doubles is going on.

Hobbs was really good, but the pro par should probably be reigned in a little. I F'ed up a little and still shot -6(60) from the blues

Last edited:
Just played there yesterday for the 1st time. I love it. well worth the trip from anywhere. If you are in the area I liked Lake Point also.

Haha. My arm is very noodle like after playing two rounds a day for three days. Might do one tomorrow, but should skip a day. Gotta get to Perkerson before I leave town

I also hit Lake point which is also good. I was driving to Atlanta from MS. Not much time so just played a few new courses. I'm back home now

A couple of stupid mistakes or would have been better, but that's how it always goes I guess