• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Homemade DiscCatcher Gallery

You can select or deselect them from search so I imagine they are welcome...I bet you guys that play there can put like mo-fos on a real disc catcher huh?

I don't have any decent pictures yet but my basket came out nice.

IMG_0644.jpg

I've been dying to see the basket part and finished product. get on it ;)

My wife wanted to know how you keep the chains from slipping on the top? I told her you could tack them in place but I figured I would ask.

I just need to take more pics! But what I did was drill holes around my bike rim and wrap my metal using bolt loops. The outside is where my nut is (Half is visible where the red arrow points) the inside has a loop. So I took "s hooks" and squeezed them shut on the loop.

Yellow shows the loops.

Not only does it keep the metal around the bike, it also holds the chains. As for my interior chains the simply lay on the crosses of the spokes. They stay in place because the spokes cross at the perfect spot.

I hope this helps! This pic shows my basket after the first day of work. It looks way different now. Even has "hole 19" on the side.

21-1.jpg

I just meant sliding on the spokes, not keeping them on the rim...sorry wasnt too clear. I suppose they wont move because I noticed the DISCatchers at Lenora have 24 chains and the last 6 are just on S-hooks and they dont slide either.

....and I just read your post more...jumped the gun...

I came to the conclusion tonight that my basket doesn't like to accept aces..DAMN IT! Blew out 2 discs at about 165 ft hyzer'd straight through the chains :-/ oh well at least I know that it mighta stuck on a basket with more chains...it stll works for putting :D

This is the Iron Maiden - possibly one of the original baskets from the first permanent pole hole course in the world. It's still in the ground (photo taken 5/10/2009) but there's no hole that plays to it.

iron_maiden_save.jpg

LONG LIVE OAK GROVE!!

honestly 50' should be more then enough for a double ring of chains...I went to menards (dunno if you have them where you live) and got 50ft of chain I think it was for 29.99 cheapest place that had it! anyways here is mine!!
picture.php

dang...not bad, i feel i should prolly just go buy one, not that mechanically talented lol....my wife is allready gonna bitch about how ugly a basket in the yard is, at least a brand new one will be all shiny and new looking :)

This is the Iron Maiden - possibly one of the original baskets from the first permanent pole hole course in the world. It's still in the ground (photo taken 5/10/2009) but there's no hole that plays to it.

iron_maiden_save.jpg

LONG LIVE OAK GROVE!!

That is rad as hell. I'm going to Oak Grove to my wish list right now.

iron_maiden_save.jpg

LONG LIVE OAK GROVE!!

Where is this basket located? I have played Oak Grove dozens of times and never seen it.:confused:

Where is this basket located? I have played Oak Grove dozens of times and never seen it.:confused:

Drive off the #10 tee and as you walk down the fairway, look over to your left. It's behind the bushes, between the #10 and #16 fairways.

iron_maiden_save.jpg

LONG LIVE OAK GROVE!!

Man that would awesome in my front yard.

Homemade

picture.php

This is my homemade basket made for PVC. Works good sometime doesn't catch all the discs that would go in on a metal basket but it works for the yard!

Just finished the base today.

Attachments

• Pin.jpg
    Pin.jpg
    108 KB · Views: 651
  • pin2.jpg
    pin2.jpg
    132.4 KB · Views: 483
  • Pin3.jpg
    Pin3.jpg
    133 KB · Views: 343

Latest posts