• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Homemade DiscCatcher Gallery

The Cubby Trap
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Splgdp_OUKo

I think this is pretty sweet. It could probably hold your whole bag of discs. The only downfall to this is you have to find something to hang it on. I wouldn't be surprised to find these in production in the near future. Looks like it could be collapsible for easy set up.

The Cubby Trap

I think this is pretty sweet. It could probably hold your whole bag of discs. The only downfall to this is you have to find something to hang it on. I wouldn't be surprised to find these in production in the near future. Looks like it could be collapsible for easy set up.

I have bought that material at Lowe's before. Its like a plastic material, easy to cut and drill, and dosen't cost that much. I would say that basket cost less than $20 to make.

The chain can be very expensive at .50 ft. It also accounts for a lot of the weight, which might stress some homemade baskets.

I found that an old garden hose cut into 1.5" sections and strung onto nylon cord makes excellent chain. It is lightweight, grippy, durable, quiet, and probably free.

Give it a try!

The chain can be very expensive at .50 ft. It also accounts for a lot of the weight, which might stress some homemade baskets.

I found that an old garden hose cut into 1.5" sections and strung onto nylon cord makes excellent chain. It is lightweight, grippy, durable, quiet, and probably free.

Give it a try!

The best part about my basket is the loud sound of the chains. Wouldn't have it any other way! :D

Found this on another site:

Anyone remember "K'Nex from the 80's?

4641_569415959209_51800649_33455616.jpg

The Cubby Trap

That is some cheesy music playing during that video...

That is a pretty sweet target though, I think I might try to make one only smaller and maybe a little closer to what a real basket is like.

The best part about my basket is the loud sound of the chains. Wouldn't have it any other way! :D

I know the sound is very gratifying. If used for a practice basket in the backyard it can be upsetting to neighbors during those late night practice sessions. :eek:

My portable practice basket is worth it's weight in gold and was well worth the price....

Here's one that we did and then made several. We now have a 18 basket course set up that is a very decent set up.
100_0923.JPG

Eaglechick ... very nicely done catcher! I can see that you used long shelving brackets for the basket but what are those hoops you attached them too?

Latest posts