• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

How disc are made?

Roc1Time

* Ace Member *
Gold level trusted reviewer
Does anyone know of a link or video on what is the process of making plastic? I have tried searching for some kind of video but cant find any. I have always wanted to see the steps, from nothing to the shelf. If anyone has any info that would be cool.

Does anyone know of a link or video on what is the process of making plastic? I have tried searching for some kind of video but cant find any. I have always wanted to see the steps, from nothing to the shelf. If anyone has any info that would be cool.
The only one I found that shows the process was about Steady Ed's ashes being put into discs. It was on Ripley's Believe It or Not. My work blocks youtube but I'm sure you'll be able to find it.

Keep in mind it's not as complete as what you're asking for.

They made, what I thought was touching tribute, seem all creepy and the last request of an obsessive weirdo.

Kind of weird video. Can you still get those putters? Didnt show how they are made though

Anyone remember back in the 70's when the band KISS was a world wide sensation, and they had a comic book about them, and each member had blood drawn and the blood was mixed in with the red ink for the comic books?

The sad part is that he wanted his ashes put in a disc so he would fly forever. At $200 I don't know that too many people are going to toss his remains around.

I could make him fly for $25. For $200, old Ed is going to have to be happy with hanging on the wall, and maybe hitting the occasional practice basket.

Damn, that means that there are comic books that have had more play then me (via the transfer of Gene Simmons blood).

The sad part is that he wanted his ashes put in a disc so he would fly forever. At $200 I don't know that too many people are going to toss his remains around.
Yep, I bet most of the ones that have been sold are hanging on walls. :|

I don't know if Steady Ed knew what he was getting into (literally). I have set up a camera underneath the basket and when the discs come in it is violent!!

One of the quickest highjackings EVER!!

There was a video at one point where Dave was showing the Gateway mold pieces, but I don't think it showed any of the actual injection molding.

Here it is: Hitting the Chains.

You can always look up videos for injection molding and just pretend whatever they're making is really in the shape of a disc. You might have to use your imagination on the hotstamping part, though.

Maybe you should send in a suggestion to "How it's Made" on Discovery. They show how all sorts of random crap is made.

BTW- The show is totally addictive.