• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

How disc are made?

hpm_0000_0005_0_img0075.jpg

They are made with injection molding, indeed. Cool illustration...

I have seen windsurfing parts made... in that type machinery, but not discs.

The reason the manufacturers might not have videos of their process could perhaps be summed up in the term, trade secrets?

The reason the manufacturers might not have videos of their process could perhaps be summed up in the term, trade secrets?

Are you saying Innova would let you know, but then they'd have to kill you? :)
Too true. Innova does not allow tours of the facility. Discraft doesn't, either. Gateway will. Actually, they won't give you a tour but they WILL let you work a few shifts. If you want to see how the whole process works, call Dave and volunteer to work for a couple of days. They will bring you in and put you to work. You can see the whole process up close and personal.

Too true. Innova does not allow tours of the facility. Discraft doesn't, either. Gateway will. Actually, they won't give you a tour but they WILL let you work a few shifts. If you want to see how the whole process works, call Dave and volunteer to work for a couple of days. They will bring you in and put you to work. You can see the whole process up close and personal.
Where does Gateway manufacture?

Maybe you should send in a suggestion to "How it's Made" on Discovery. They show how all sorts of random crap is made.

BTW- The show is totally addictive.

That show is eerily addictive. If it's on, I cannot turn it off or go to sleep. I must know how it's made.... I guess because I disassemble and repair things for a living it's like an instructional video on things I'll never work on.

That show is eerily addictive. If it's on, I cannot turn it off or go to sleep. I must know how it's made.... I guess because I disassemble and repair things for a living it's like an instructional video on things I'll never work on.

Wait till the new season of "Wrecked" begins. I am totally addicted to this show, and I don't know why. Its on reruns right now, and I have seen each episode at least 3 times. My wife and son don't get it. If you have never seen what I am talking about, here is a preview:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zW8A9XjeIHU&feature=related

The new season starts on "Speed " channel on May 21st. I can't wait! I love this show!