• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

how do you react when people throw in on you?

I havent really had anyone decent throw in on me but I have had people rushing threw the course which definatly distracts me. I guess I have had discs land close but never been close to hitting me. When I finish and we are both standing on the next hole I let them pass and just tell them that this can be a (relatively) serious game. With people that want to do and be good and that they should think about respecting others time on a hole. Depending on the person the words are different but thats the jist of it. I definatly think there is an ethic code that should be followed.

People have thrown on me and my group before but we don't really make it to be a scene. Obviously if they were trying to throw on us then maybe we would have to throw down..lol

Most of the time families witha stroller and children are very courteous but there is one guy around here that has no respect for any1 on the course but himself and brings his whole gypsy clan of like 10 little kids out and takes 10-30 minutes a hole! I hate that mofo.

I have been thrown on, on a hole that is like 150 feet from the short tee. I was pissed and chuncked their disc back about 400 feet through the trees, i was actually quite impressed it didnt hit anything.

Several weeks ago i was sitting at a tee with two buddies when one of them is like owwwwww i just got hit in the back of the head! the guy shanked his drive from another tee box and didnt give a fore or nothing. My buddy is pretty soft spoken so when this happened i was more pissed than he was. The guy came over and i was like wtf gives us a heads up or something if you suck that bad. Then he says something like dont effin cus at me bro! Of course i was pissed when he called me bro and got in his face about ready to put a beat down on his butt. My other buddy pulled me away and calmed me down but then this guy comes around in his car and starts yelling at me so I of course told him to get his azz out of the car. He drove off yelling and cursing and i missed my putt for bird i was so pissed. He also told me he plays at noon everyday and it was his course and i was lucky he had to goto work. I guess i need to head on back out there one of these days and see how lucky i really was! lol.

on a side note i have a pretty hot head sometimes and i just want to say in texas you never know who is packing heat. so maybe i really was lucky.

rant over

@ dead body - Here's an idea to keep your wife and kids safe while out on the course - DON'T BRING THEM, at least leave the wife an kids in the strollers at home, I mean c'mon, you expect everyone on the course to sit around and wait while your stupid wife pushes around a stroller and your 3-4 yr old kids wander here and there while YOU play? That's asinine. I find that more annoying than some idiot throwing in on me, and if you cut my brand new disc in half with a boxcutter I would beat your a$$ and raid your bag, or just call the cops, just because someone does something you don't like doesn't mean you can destroy their property ya schmuck.

What you're advocating is a good way to get your course pulled. If it's a public course everone has a right to be there as they're all tapayers (presumably). You get some family complaining to park management that some disc golfer threatened them on the course that's the beginning of the end.

If some family is taking forever on a hole just skip the hole and play past them. I've been playing for a long time and only had to do this a handful of tims.

I'm a big guy. A dirty looks normally does the trick. Though I have never really been thrown on to the point where I felt like I was in danger.

Though there was one time we are playing 7 in Hickory, pretty much a blind tee shot, and someone threw on us. One of us went and stood on the big mound to let them know we were still playing the hole but apparently to them that meant "We see you now, feel free to throw all your disc currently in your bag"

Okay, first off you illiterate moron, where did I EVER say I would INTENTIONALLY throw a disc at a child? I work with children ya ignorant a$$. I would never intentionally aim at anyone, especially a child. I understand if you want to bring your daughter to the course to teach her the game, I actually encourage it, but there comes a point where it becomes absurd to bring your entire family along just to walk and watch you play. Also, who's whining? I'm making a valid point, but I'm sure you don't understand that being on your period and letting your emotions control your dialogue. Lastly, I'm from upstate NY, not the city, why don't you try expressing your opinion in a non-biased way. Learn how to write in a coherent manner if you want to get your point across, because based on what you said, you're the one who's stereotyping NY'ers, and THAT my friend is called ignorance. Oh yeah, come and try and cut my discs up, I double-dog dare ya lol

Oh, and no one is going to "pull my course" because a family complained. I could care less if your tax money pays for the public park. I always read on here about people complaining about course etiquette, and families on the course, as well as idiots who "spray and pray," are 2 groups of people who ignore etiquette altogether. Why should I have to skip a hole because someone in front of me doesn't know what courtesy is? and AGAIN! I NEVER SAID I WOULD THREATEN ANYONE ON THE COURSE! Stop falsifying what I originally said.

Oh, and no one is going to "pull my course" because a family complained. I could care less if your tax money pays for the public park. I always read on here about people complaining about course etiquette, and families on the course, as well as idiots who "spray and pray," are 2 groups of people who ignore etiquette altogether. Why should I have to skip a hole because someone in front of me doesn't know what courtesy is? and AGAIN! I NEVER SAID I WOULD THREATEN ANYONE ON THE COURSE! Stop falsifying what I originally said.

I have actually heard of many holes being pulled because they were near someones yard and people would go into the yards and get their disc. The people complained and the city had the holes taken out. I imagine the same could be true if enough people at the park complained about a particular area.

(I haven't read whatever it is you are angry about just commenting on the possibility of having a course pulled because of complaints... That is all)

thread_delivers_pizza.jpg

That's understandable if a hole is in an area that could potentially cause harm to someone not on the course/in a neighboring area, but my home-course is 100% wooded, set apart from any neighborhood.

All I'm trying to say is if we want our SPORT to be taken seriously, then the people who play need to understand the proper way of going about it. Would you ever see someone playing ball-golf with their wife and kids being dragged around the course? I highly doubt it. There has to be some sort of respect for other players, like someone said, the taxpayers money pays for the course, well, I'm a taxpayer too, so why should I have to have my round interrupted due to someone else lacking any respect for the other players out there?

Aside from that apparent argument there are some good post in this thread. Why make it an even better candidate for the landfill?

i disagree with your assessment of the merits of the thread, and believe my contribution was on point in both tenor and content. thanks for asking, though.

@ dead body - Here's an idea to keep your wife and kids safe while out on the course - DON'T BRING THEM, at least leave the wife an kids in the strollers at home, I mean c'mon, you expect everyone on the course to sit around and wait while your stupid wife pushes around a stroller and your 3-4 yr old kids wander here and there while YOU play? That's asinine. I find that more annoying than some idiot throwing in on me, and if you cut my brand new disc in half with a boxcutter I would beat your a$$ and raid your bag, or just call the cops, just because someone does something you don't like doesn't mean you can destroy their property ya schmuck.

This kind of quote is a perfect example of criticizing people on the internet; it is done blindly, putting everyone in the same box or mold, without any consideration of who this person might be.

I know deadbody fairly well, a friend and someone in my league, and he and his family are no slouches when it comes to moving around the course. There are one or two holes at Acorn where it MIGHT be acceptable to throw on a group that is not finished because of the length of the hole, but Hole 2 is definitely NOT one of them.

I am not going to defend the knife bit, but I am definitely never going to defend those who throw multiple times at a group who are on the same hole. One throw can be forgiven, maybe because they did not see those putting in, maybe they did not give themselves enough credit and thought they could never reach the hole, but throwing multiple discs is inexcusable.

If you are so uptight and cannot understand what a recreational round is, that you should have a good time while you are out there even if it means having to wait or minute or two while others have a good time too, then you truly do not understand what a recreational round is. I am also not defending those large families that do not understand the concept of etiquette and cannot keep things flowing, but deadbody's family is not one of them. I would never recommend bringing families to a league or tournament round, even I keep my boys at home for that, but if you do not introduce the game to the kids, how ever is this sport going to grow in the next decade?

Last edited:
That's ignorant and rude as hell, just like all these dicks that come from.the scummy, dirty city of new York.

Dude. Really? Like you're not an ignorant a** for that single statement alone.

I assume you're not coming to play in scummy, dirty New York for the Worlds?

Good. Stay home.

Speaking of ignorance... You do know that all of New York isn't a city, right?

Didn't think so.

This thread makes me crack up. It really does. Big deal, ya I did say that. Do I regret it? No, not one bit. I thought you weren't going to worlds either since you can't smoke. Hahaha. Man, when is this gonna hit the landfill.

Latest posts