• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

How far do you throw?

How far do you throw?

• Total voters
Even my worst shanks go 350. I'd say 400, but on a normal round, more than half of the holes arent that long anyway.

But when I do field practice, I can hit 400 consistently on different lines ( with different discs ). At the moment mostly working on my forehand, that is only at 300 so far, but getting better :)

My max D is something like 425-450 ft, but I can only throw like, 380 on a golf line.

Well I voted before reading the the first post, so I voted 300-325 which is about my max, though I have hit up to 350 on rare wind assisted occasions. Consistently I can hit 275-300. My best long distance driver is a Blizzard Boss for straight and Hyzer shots and a Blizzard Tee-Devil for S shots and Anyhyzers. Though my Star Wraith isn't far behind.

Not bad for an old guy a year away from being on the Senior Tour. LOL

Rick G

With accuracy 300-325 ft. Courses I play I never really need to throw it farther than that.

If I work a less stable disc and give it some air I can get it over 350 ft.

I can hit 380 almost every time. I can hit 400, three or four times out of ten

Approx. 280ft consistent and accurate.

I can throws Rocs in the 300 range, Drivers only in the 400s sadly not much variation for such different discs.

Right at the threshold of 360. 350 pretty consistently. I judge this by being able to park holes in the 350 range and overshooting them on occasion. Of course, half those throws end up wide right or left....

Somewhere between 400 and 425 consistently with accuracy. Either a smooth turnover with a Lace, or a frozen rope with a little fade at the end with a Destroyer/TeeDevil.

360-380 using a football field and just trying to throw accurate distance shots from post to post. i can go over 400 but its not accurate at all and i only use that shot while golfing when its a super long wide open hole.

With PD's and Wraiths somewhere between 375-400, maxing Wraiths out at 450

Good looking bell curve so far!

I put 350-375, but the fastest disc I throw is the teebird. (discing down regardless of what my sig says) But even this is only for field practice, as many of the courses around here dont have but 1 or 2 holes over 350.

Consistent "golf D" is around 350-400ft for me. I can pretty easily push an accurate 400ft with an 11x TB on a good clean rip. I used to have a pretty big max D, around 450ft...but I didn't play much at all for about 5-6 months over the winter/spring and it really affected by arm/distance and clean form. I've been picking it back up though, and have added about 30-50ft from where I was 2-3 months ago. Was having a lot of issues with wormburns and griplock but smoothed that up with a lighter grip and standstill throws.

Latest posts