• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

How far do you throw?

How far do you throw?

• Total voters
300-320 normally. I'll have some days where I'm hitting 330-340. Working on core strength and form, which should help going into next summer. I've been doing a lot of mid only field work, and I'm getting them out to about 260-270, but not super accurately.

About 300 FH, though, and pretty accurately.

I'm a work in progress, to be sure.

Comfortable, accurate distance is 325-350 BH with 167ish PDs or Wraiths, 250-290 FH with 150-class. I've tossed BlizKats/BlizBosses ~400 BH during rounds before, and was measured during 2012 Worlds distance competition at 519 feet, but I don't believe it.

A little over 350ft when trying to throw normal golf lines. Eastway #13 (slightly uphill 367ft) is the longest hole I've parked. I guess I've thrown over 400ft when I can hit something flippy just right but that's only in a field.

Someone should throw this **** into matlab and give the sites variance and standard deviation. That curve is pretty damn Gaussian.

I'm usually right around 375 feet. I can hit 400 feet every once in a while. I threw my Valk 440 feet off of Tinnicum's 18th hole this past weekend. Second shot was with a SE Banshee and was 15ft short of the basket in two shots. Gripenemys threw his Flow 450 feet and then threw a Ghost 3 feet in front of my Banshee. We had the two longest shots of any of the AM2 players in the NEUS Doubles toruney. Took 2nd place after shooting 65 at Nockamixon and 53 at Tinnicum. We SUCKED at Tinnicum.

Not as far as I would like.

290-300' consistently.

If your talking about what range I can put the disc right where I want it, on a variety of lines, than 250'. That is about the limit of my range with a mid, and when I step up to fairway drivers my accuracy suffers.

185.1 feet (56.4m for our non-US friends, 5.96E-15 light years for our intergalactic friends)

Proof:
- The course I play 99% of my rounds on averages 185.1 ft per hole.
- I prettymuch equally throw long and short of each hole.
- I sometimes hit a tree early, which would decrease my average, but,
- Once in a while I play a longer course, so that brings my average drive back up.
- Net result = average drive exactly the same as average hole length.
- QED.

wow, lots of pros on here with 525'+ consistent golf line power.

i'm about 425-450' on consistent comfortable golf lines.

I voted 375-400 but I think that is a bit generous if you are asking for consistent distance. I can consistently hit 350, occasionally hit 375 and every once in a while get one over 400. So I should have put 350-375.

wow, lots of pros on here with 525'+ consistent golf line power.

i'm about 425-450' on consistent comfortable golf lines.

remember this is the internet.

I hit 400-425ft every time out on the course. I was at one point able to throw 450ft + but was kind of wild and inaccurate. Believe me when I say this, a controlled 375ft is better than a wild 450ft.

I voted 400-425 since I can consistently throw my distance drivers (D4, Trespass, seasoned D1) over 400' on golf lines. I was debating on voting 375-400' since I throw in that range with my Orcs and C-TD and they are a lot more controllable.

At this past weekends tourney I threw my 169 Bio Trespass on a flex line that went 25' past and 50' right of a hole measured at 437'. The problem is that it went 30' over the OB line that was just 20' to the right of the basket so putter/putter/putter would have netted me a better score.

I feel like you can get by just fine throwing around 300' or even just under that. I've been consistently around 300' as of late with all of the testing I've been doing with fairway drivers and discing down all summer, but my scores have still been improving regardless of less distance. Can't believe that my mentality used to be based solely off of teeing off for max distance. I have so much more control with fairways and it really has been paying off. I may never go back to warp speeds.

I feel like you can get by just fine throwing around 300' or even just under that. I've been consistently around 300' as of late with all of the testing I've been doing with fairway drivers and discing down all summer, but my scores have still been improving regardless of less distance. Can't believe that my mentality used to be based solely off of teeing off for max distance. I have so much more control with fairways and it really has been paying off. I may never go back to warp speeds.

I'm sharing in those feels. Discing down was the best thing I have ever done for my game. I may add a warp speed someday in the future for true wide open holes for a little extra max D, but for the immediate future I have no needs for such things. Unless the extra distance is going to let you park a hole v.s. dealing with a 50ft putt, there isn't much benefit, especially if you don't have the accuracy to park it more often than not.

I can comfortably hit 375-400. On an open fairway (or field) with room to work I can sneak 425+, but that rarely happens during a round as I go for the accurate, shorter throw versus the bomb that could end up OB, or worse!

I worked pretty intently to gain the ability to throw further than 450, but after I realized how many strokes I lose during a round due to poor putting, I decided to shift my focus elsewhere :eek:

Since I started playing in April, my distance and consistency has improved dramatically to where I'm locked in at 250-260 with good throws. I definitely play conservatively (power wise) most of the time to gauge how my game is improving and to really learn my discs, releases, etc.

But given a good release when I try to open up, I can hit 325+. Then again, given the generally tight, wooded courses I most often play, at my level I'd hit a tree at about 150 far more often than I'd dodge them :\

I voted 450-470 since that is the closest to my average. I typically max out somewhere between 500-530, though if I really get ahold of one.

I throw a bit over 300 accurately and consistently. I can hit 400-450 in a field but that's by no means consistent.

Latest posts