• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

How far do you throw?

How far do you throw?

• Total voters
Right now around 325-350'. I had a stretch right before Worlds where I was just crushing and was pushing 400-425' but I feel like I lost the sequence somehow and reverted back to strong-arming the throw and pulling from the reach back. When I figure out how to link my lower body to the upper it will be fun!

275'-300'. Usually with a 150g ProLine Leopard. :)

I can get some discs up a little farther, i.e. a 134 Blizzard Katana up to about 330'-350', but with NO consistency.

I don't know for sure, as I kind of stopped caring about exact numbers a couple years ago. I just know it is far enough to not worry about trying to throw further.

Looks like the bell curve has been broken by those throwing 450-475'. And I'm also guessing anyone that can throw 500'+ is going to be throwing further than 525' as well.

Consistently.

Judging by the poll, I don't think it means what people think it means.

Consistently.

Judging by the poll, I don't think it means what people think it means.

This hasn't been nearly as bad as I thought it would be though. I think people are being honest for the most part, and for those that thought this was a max distance poll, and voted according to their assumption, most likely posted afterwards stating that their consistent distances are much lower.

So there are some flaws/errors in the results so far, but the poll isn't a complete disaster.

I voted 425-450. Usually I would throw an Eagle towards the lower range of that distance, or a Destroyer if it's closer to 450. I honestly don't know if I can consistently get past 450 on a golf line since I almost never encounter holes that require me to throw that far. Most longer holes I play are either 440-ish range or 500+.

Looks like the bell curve has been broken by those throwing 450-475'. And I'm also guessing anyone that can throw 500'+ is going to be throwing further than 525' as well.

I can actually see that. I think I'm pushing 450 consistently right now, but I went through a time period where I was consistently throwing 460-480. I encountered a lot of people that can throw over 450 but can't quite hit 500. That seems to be the second "plateau" for distance.

dang everyones being super honest in this thread

Except maybe grodney. I have played with him and he cannot throw 500' consistently....at least not in one throw. But knowing grodney, that is why he answered this way (the poll does not specify "in one throw"). :D

I guess he is being honest.

If we are talking taking out a max distance driver of choice then for a discraft flash its about 325 average. That is my most consistant disc, I feel I rarely do not get 300 ft with it but can get up to 350 with it. I have a first run esp nuke that I was 10-12 ft out on a hole that is 400 ft, so my longest golf shot ever was 387-390ft. That thing also turns and burns but if I hit the right angle with it, i can get 350 every time.

325-340'. Sometimes longer, but that's a pretty good estimate, I think.

It's creeping up. Slowly. I've probably hit a small plateau again until the next little jump. Who knows…

I can throw 250 consistently with all my discs except my Aviar. I'll throw 300+ with a good rip on my Orc or Teebird (or Cheetah 143g lol). I'm a noob.

I wonder how many people who took this poll looked at the results before they answered.

Latest posts