• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] How many brands have you dabbled with?

Innova
Discraft
Dynamic Discs
Latitude 64
Westside
Discmania
Prodigy
Gateway
Legacy
DGA
MVP
Daredevil
Reptilian Disc Golf
ABC
Yikun
Infinite
Millenium
Vibram

Probably more that I can't think of right now.

Discraft - lots
Innova - lots
DGA - Tsunami, Pipeline
Legacy - Rival, Patriot
Gateway - Wizard, Element
MVP - Relay, Ion
Axiom - one Envy
Lat64 - one Pure

Notable absences are Dynamic Discs, Westside. I'm tempted to go do an inventory by brand. I'm sure 85-90% of my discs are Discraft or Innova.

I have owned and thrown:
lightning
innova
discraft
millenium
discwing
vibram
gateway
discmania
latitude
westside
whamo
legacy
ace disc sports (prodigy)
prodigy
aerobie
ching
destiny
dynamic

Vast majority of discs I have bagged over the years were Innova or Discraft. All Prodigy since 2016 with one Ace Disc Sports mixed in.

In one way or another:
Innova - lots
Discmania - DDx, DD, P2, FD, TDx
Discraft - lots
DGA - pipeline, breaker, squall
Legacy - most
Gateway - warrior, shaman, wizard, mostly putters
Vibram - mostly putters
Kastaplast - reko, berg
Prodiscus - titan, jokeri
Dynamic Discs - suspect, felon, escape, justice, verdict, truth, evidence, deputy
Latitude 64 - compass, claymore, bolt, core, pure, havoc, river, saint(pro)
Westside - king, underworld, bard, harp
Prodigy - putters

In order even if just one disc from the brand
Lighting Rubber putter, #2 driver, and #3 Hookshot, and currently in the bag a #2 upshot in Prostyle.
Innova way too many to list
Gateway Wizard and Element X
Discraft too many too list. Most were trying the disc after tournaments as the discs in Z and ESP back in 2000's were nicely designed for putting a logo on without having to wipe the stamp.
Latitude 64 Sinus and XXX, Mace/whatever is the shallow Wizard like putter.
Wham-O old Touchline series, had a undertable for a number of years that was a tad soft then tried a few years ago the beginner set my brother won at a tournament, giving the putter to my mom for a winter version of the Classic Grid Aviar and getting rid of the other two.
Aerobie the Arrow, a Cousin has one for wind and cliff type putting as the mold as like a 0.5 in glide. I tried to putt with the disc.
InStep older set of the Mercury putter only passable, Saturn Midrange a Comet dome on a ROC wing would have been good if the disc did not , and the garbage Pluto driver about a 8-9 speed odd disc.
Quest AT I tried a old plastic 10 Meter Brick from a person who faked he was a friend, the local sports store sold those discs for a year along side the Innova/Millenium discs but I never bought the Quest AT discs. That guy liked the 10 Meter Brick until he had shattered 2 discs on the same hole, temps were only 40 F in mid fall. I think the poor plastic and gimmick discs is why the Quest discs were not liked and are still not liked.
Discwing I tired the Quarter K, a different guy used the mold for a bit till the disc wore down in a year. when the Destroyer came out, it was nearly the same wing. I liked the mold in flight just not the plastic.
Dynamic Disc yes the putter that is like a Wizard.. Judge? Yes I tried a friends in the Classic Hard Burst.
DGA I tried the Blowfly and Gumput they were a friends discs, the Titanic in Proline that is in my bag currently.

Curently I have mostly Innova and Discraft/DGA in my bag with the single Lighting #2 Upshot in Prostyle.

Somebody reminded me of Ching. I used my dads Juju a few times, too tall in the height to really use for me. Shame as the Supreme plastic was nice for a putter, a premium putter plastic that was soft enough to grip the chains really well, not just okay the way some like Big Z or G-Star are.

13 or 14. The Surprise is I have not used of the older brands that were around in the 2000's is Millennium.

Last edited:
Most of them.

Haven't tried some of the really small brands. Probably the biggest I haven't tried is Hyzer Bomb, Prodiscus, and Vibram.

So you have used Wham-O then with the older Touchline sets or this new begginer only set or the Wham-O MaxFlight?

You have used the older Insteap set with the Mercury putter, the Saturn midrange and Pluto driver? Yes Pluto was considered a planet back then when the set first came out.

Those sets or discs are mass produced by the boatload by these companies. The older Touchline series from Wham-O was good, this new set looks like it is just for begginers. They Still make the MaxFlight though as I think DTW makes the discs, not sure on that. The Instep older style are still made by the company though a newer set, the ESP Instep is better.

So you have used Wham-O then with the older Touchline sets or this new begginer only set or the Wham-O MaxFlight?

You have used the older Insteap set with the Mercury putter, the Saturn midrange and Pluto driver? Yes Pluto was considered a planet back then when the set first came out.

Those sets or discs are mass produced by the boatload by these companies. The older Touchline series from Wham-O was good, this new set looks like it is just for begginers. They Still make the MaxFlight though as I think DTW makes the discs, not sure on that. The Instep older style are still made by the company though a newer set, the ESP Instep is better.

Pluto is that yellow Disney dog. I think he had a green collar. I think he was a golden retriever but like a mid 1950's to 1960's golden retriever not like a early 2000's to 2010's golden retriever which is actually a disc retrieval device. Same Pluto yellow color but it's not actually a dog. It comes with a rope, not string like the earlier models in the mid 2000's. I've used the Pluto's to retrieve many of my errant #2 Upshots from scummy ponds but less scummy than they were in the mid 2010's. This is the reason why I throw XT DX's in the old but more stiff, softest I've felt mid 2000's run. You should try a #2 Upshot if you haven't yet. Pretty popular mold but only in the new du pont style pro plastic.

Innova - started playing in Eastern NC in 2003. Innova ruled the region & that's all I knew for a long while. Dunipace knows how to make great molds & Innova will always have a place in my bag/cart.

Discraft - got into DC in the late 2000's with the Buzzz & Stalker. If it's not broke don't try to fix it. I was born in MI & I like that they're made there.

MVP - The Resistor was the first MVP I tried. I liked that they're made in MI & was looking for an OS fairway. I love this mold but am using beefy Teebirds in that spot for the moment. Could go back to Resistors. In general, I don't like the feel of overmold for BH's but it's all good for FH.

Prodigy - I've only used their putters. PA4 & PA1 are sensational.

Kastaplast - I fondled a Berg during some downtime at a B-Tier a few years ago & haven't looked back. The only non-US manufacturered disc I use. It's crazy that another bigger company didn't design it first. It's just so useful.

I have no interest in Trilogy at all.

After almost 20 years of playing, I've tried most brands and they're (basically) all the same.
I still haven't found a suitable replacement for my 10mm Brick (turbo putt) disc yet...

Attachments

• Brick.jpg
    Brick.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 10
I haven't been playing long, but I feel like I've tried a fair amount of brands.
Innova*
Discraft*
Dynamic Discs*
Westside*
MVP/Axiom
Discmania*
Lat. 64*
Gateway
Infinite Discs*
Kastaplast
Legacy
Yikun

There are discs I like from each of these brands, but as far as plastic goes, the Kastaplast is my favorite, hands down. The K2 plastic is amazing. I just had a custom dyed Kaxe Z come in in the K2 and I'm very excited to throw it.

Innova
Discraft
Lattitude
Dynamic discs
Prodigy
Mvp
Axiom
Legacy
DGA
Gateway
Millinium
Vibram
Instep
Kastaplast

I've thrown discs from the following

Innova
Discraft
MVP/Axiom/Streamline

I started with Innova discs and used them mainly for a good amount of time. I've only really thrown 1 Discraft disc much and that was the Buzzz. I found the Ion and that started me down the MVP/Axiom/Streamline road. Found I just like the feel of the plastics they use and my bag has slowly become more MVP/Axiom/Streamline over the last few years.

I'm the minority. My answer is 2. I have my own unique reasons. The second brand I tried I fell in love with for multiple reasons. I'm sticking with them. Right wrong or other. That's just me.

I'm the minority. My answer is 2. I have my own unique reasons. The second brand I tried I fell in love with for multiple reasons. I'm sticking with them. Right wrong or other. That's just me.

What brand? Why do you love it?

What brand? Why do you love it?

I throw MVP family discs. I worked (until recently) in the plastic injection industry in the Midwest. They are a Midwest company. It's kind of like supporting my brethren. Also, being in the plastic industry, I greatly appreciate certain quality aspects of plastics. The way MVP pulls off overmolds is very impressive. The quality is awesome. That's not easy to get right consistently. The consistency is great. Some "bigger name" manufacturers QC drives me insane. Those are my unique reasons.

Also, their discs do everything I could want and more. I started my love affair with an ion. Snowballed from there. I love their plastics. I have no need to look elsewhere.

Innova - started playing in Eastern NC in 2003. Innova ruled the region & that's all I knew for a long while. Dunipace knows how to make great molds & Innova will always have a place in my bag/cart.

Discraft - got into DC in the late 2000's with the Buzzz & Stalker. If it's not broke don't try to fix it. I was born in MI & I like that they're made there.

MVP - The Resistor was the first MVP I tried. I liked that they're made in MI & was looking for an OS fairway. I love this mold but am using beefy Teebirds in that spot for the moment. Could go back to Resistors. In general, I don't like the feel of overmold for BH's but it's all good for FH.

Prodigy - I've only used their putters. PA4 & PA1 are sensational.

Kastaplast - I fondled a Berg during some downtime at a B-Tier a few years ago & haven't looked back. The only non-US manufacturered disc I use. It's crazy that another bigger company didn't design it first. It's just so useful.

I have no interest in Trilogy.

Bold I have no interest in Dynamic Disc, the others Latitude 64 and a few from Westside I might try if I can use a mostly new version of the disc from somebody. Reason is feeling the same plastic from two brands in the same area and one from the other they feel different as if Dynamic Disc ended up with the lesser plastic pellets almost as if Dynamic Disc has to take what they can get in the discs being headquarters are so far from the manufacturing.

I've tried all that I can, these I can think of offhand;

Innova, Discmania, Millennium, Infinite
Discraft, DGA
Latitude 64, Westside, Dynamic Discs
MVP, Axiom, Streamline
Gateway, Reptillian
Prodigy
Daredevil
Kastaplast
Lightning
Quest AT
RPM
Salient
Yikun
Vibram
Legacy
Prodicus

Couple more of those small single disc companies too.

Forgot Viking! Threw my fire Barbarian today.

After almost 20 years of playing, I've tried most brands and they're (basically) all the same.
I still haven't found a suitable replacement for my 10mm Brick (turbo putt) disc yet...

That is the craziest looking thing I've ever seen. I've heard of the disc before but never would've dreamed it looked like that.

I've dabbled in enough brands to realize I didn't need to spend so much money dabbling in other brands, but, I wouldn't have figured that out if I hadn't dabbled in many brands!:wall:

At my level of "suck", one brand is pretty much all I really need.:D