• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

How many discs do you own???

How Many Discs Do You Own?

• 10 or Less

Votes: 9 3.2%
  • 11-25

Votes: 52 18.4%
  • 26-50

Votes: 67 23.7%
  • 51-100

Votes: 66 23.3%
  • 101-250

Votes: 49 17.3%
  • 251-500

Votes: 27 9.5%
  • 501-1000

Votes: 5 1.8%
  • 1000+

Votes: 8 2.8%

• Total voters
I just gave away 4 to a friend who I am teaching how to play. They are 4 discs that I never threw, and they are good beginner discs. He tried all of the putters I have to see which one he liked. He was leaning towards a DX Aviar, but the Soft Magnet just worked better for him, so that is the one he took.

I just gave away 4 to a friend who I am teaching how to play. They are 4 discs that I never threw, and they are good beginner discs. He tried all of the putters I have to see which one he liked. He was leaning towards a DX Aviar, but the Soft Magnet just worked better for him, so that is the one he took.

That is one of the biggest reasons that I have so many discs. I love to give them away. I have gotten quite a few new goddess into disc golf by giving them some discs and teaching them how to throw. Take um out with you for a couple rounds on an easy course, then dinner after.;)

That is one of the biggest reasons that I have so many discs. I love to give them away. I have gotten quite a few new goddess into disc golf by giving them some discs and teaching them how to throw. Take um out with you for a couple rounds on an easy course, then dinner after.;)

This guy is young (20) and he seems like a natural. He can putt pretty good, and his drives are really looking good. We spent 2 hours at the practice field Wednesday, and today I am talking him to the course for the first time. I am waiting for him to get here as we speak. I think he is going to do well. We are going to a 9-hole course that is quite easy. I think that is the best way to start a beginner.

Absolutely. It will allow him to continue to work on his form without overwhelming and frustrating him.

We played two rounds tonight. 9 from the short tees, and 9 from the longs. Springdglover met us down there, and we met a couple of other friends and had a great time. My friend had a blast and did really well. On hole number 4 he nailed a 110ft putt. It was awesome to see, and it was his first birdie. I wish I had video taped that shot, because he used a DX Coyote and it just went straight as an arrow right to the basket.

I have 6 (recently lost 2) 2 drivers (Avenger SS for BH Champ Beast for FH), 3 midrange (bought a shark and lost it in my house then found it 3 days ago, a roc a buddy gave me and a comet I got at a tournament and finally my aviar. I bring them all but really only use the drivers, the roc until i throw my comet more and my putter

I have Around 20 but only bring my Avair, Cryztal Buzz, Champion TeeBird, Champion Sidewinder, Elite Z Avenger, Star Wraith, and my Champion Groove!

I own about 20, and carry 14 on a normal round.
1 putter(Aviar),
2 midranges(Skeeter, Panther),
4 fairway drivers(2 eagles, gazelle, leopard),
7 distance drivers(orc, 2 wraiths, valk, 2 sidewinders, destroyer)

I am usually swapping out drivers as I recieve/buy/trade for new ones, and the midrange/putters usually stay put. I cycle my valks, sidewinders and destroyers so that they wear the same and will act similar if I happen to lose one. But I believe in carrying the maximum that my bag can hold. It gives me the most options on the course.

I know it's bad but if it wasn't discs, it'd be somethin else:) Many haven't been thrown because their backups or discs that I'm waiting to throw until I'm good enough to notice subtle flight differences or stop hitting trees. Here we go:
22 main bag
12 box (different weight/color backups)
11 med bag (water backups/expieramentals)
12 starter bag (lender/donation)
57 wall (9.5+ oop/le/1st run)
10 wall (<9.5 oop/1st run)

14 - Exactly enough for my bag, plus one that i want to find a use for, but is overlapped.

I find a lot of discs and give away a lot of discs.

I dont have the space or inclination to keep a stack of discs. I'd rather help someone else with their game by bestowing them one of my discs and explaining to them how to use it properly. To me, this helps the entire "collective" as the community gets better.

To me, consistency is the most important part of my disc collection. I throw my discs in a field (about) once a week to make sure they throw correctly (as expected). If i find one does not, i replace it.

My latest experiment (when i dont want a disc anymore) is to throw my discs deep into the course and see if anyone will call me to return them. If someone does call (only 25% of the time) i "stoke" their day by giving them the found disc.

I know it's bad but if it wasn't discs, it'd be somethin else:) Many haven't been thrown because their backups or discs that I'm waiting to throw until I'm good enough to notice subtle flight differences or stop hitting trees.

My thoughts exactly.
When I started playing, I used to buy discs by the lot on eBay. I noticed pretty quick that some discs flew well and some didn't, and not always the way the "flight chart" said they should.
Then I bought a few collectibles.
Then I traded with a buddy.
Then I discovered PIAS.
Then I bought some practice discs.
Then I found DGCR.
Along the way I gained some distance, so I bought new discs to match my power.
And it goes on and on....
I don't lose many discs. I'm kind of a fanatic about finding them.
I try to return the ones I find.
Presently I'm a little over 300.

mmm i have a quiver of about 20, but only use 10 or so on a regular basis. the others are for different courses and conditions. i have a similar ritual to what dj does...take all my drivers out to a field and throw them to make sure their line is true...like a calibration process.

that said, im more prone to learning what the discs i love are doing differently and adapting as opposed to retiring the disc. ill give the disc away to one of my noob friends if the disc doesnt have a place anymore, which happens once every month or so.

All totaled about 50.
10 in my main bag.
20+ in my backup bag.
10 in my putter bag.
5 in my work truck bag.
and 5+ in a box in my office.

Between my gf and I we have about 85, 21 in my bag 14 in hers, and the rest in rubbermaids in the trunk of my car.

Latest posts