• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

How many discs do you own???

How Many Discs Do You Own?

• 10 or Less

Votes: 9 3.2%
  • 11-25

Votes: 52 18.4%
  • 26-50

Votes: 67 23.7%
  • 51-100

Votes: 66 23.3%
  • 101-250

Votes: 49 17.3%
  • 251-500

Votes: 27 9.5%
  • 501-1000

Votes: 5 1.8%
  • 1000+

Votes: 8 2.8%

• Total voters

harr0140

* Ace Member *
Diamond level trusted reviewer
Premium Member
Just curious how many discs do you currently own?

How many have you owned in your lifetime and how many years have you played???

I can see wanting to have at least 20 you use regularly, but other discs you might want to have around for specific courses if you get good enough to know what to expect.

Is there a limit on how many discs you carry in a tourney???

I have owned 40 discs since I first played somewhere around December of 2007. Most of these discs were owned after April of 2008. I currently have ~20 discs; 7 of which are bagged, 5 are in a bag for my father, and I have a stack of extras in my closet.

I'd say ~10 were traded to PIAS and about the same number where lost at some point or another.

http://www.dgcoursereview.com/bag.php?mid=1442

ive usually got anywhere between 30-50 at any given time, they come in and go out pretty often with me. i only carry 9-10 when i play, but i do a lot of trading and selling.

Just curious how many discs do you currently own? About 400.

How many have you owned in your lifetime and how many years have you played??? No clue. Maybe 700 over 15 years.

I can see wanting to have at least 20 you use regularly, but other discs you might want to have around for specific courses if you get good enough to know what to expect. A lot of them are drivers I no longer use. Putters and midrange discs have stayed pretty consistent for me over the years, but I switch drivers all the time. So you end up with eight Eagles you never got around to throwing hanging around your house for ten years. :rolleyes:

Is there a limit on how many discs you carry in a tourney??? Nope.

Thanks threputt that was helpful. I was curious about the bag limit for tourneys becase in golf you can only have 14 clubs including your putter. It would make sense to limit the # of discs allowed in discgolf too.

According to this site, I've got 13 bagged, including 4 putters, one other loose putter that I'd be happy to give away, and 4 discs lost. And man, I wish I had all four of the lost ones back, or really any one of them. ;(

I can see wanting to have at least 20 you use regularly, but other discs you might want to have around for specific courses if you get good enough to know what to expect.

i currently own 18

i have traded 2 and lost another 2.

that is all in about 4 months.

I have 18 right now, 3 of which are borrowed. I've owned about 25 overall.

had 5 until about 3 months ago.

never lost a disc.

anyone wanna donate to my cause?

I have around 60 or 70 total

With the lost ones counted, probably around 90

I carry around 20, just depends on how many my bag will hold. Usually 5 or 6 drivers, as many midranges that will fit, and 3 or 4 putt/approaches.

i've been playing around 2.5yrs now. i am a rec player at best, but i like to have a disc available when i need it, so i carry around 18-22 discs when i play. i carry 5-6 slightly to very overstable drivers, 5-6 slightly to very understable drivers, one old beat up DX valkerie that is an excellent roller disc, a couple of fairways drivers (1 overstable, 1 understable) and roughly 5-6 midrange discs ranging from very overstable to very understable. I also carry 2 putters, a pair of KCPro Aviars. I bought them new at the same time, same weight, and I alternate using them so that they wear evenly.

Granted, i have my favorites, and some discs i use more than others, but for me, i never know what type of shot i will need to play at any given time, so i like to keep a little of everything available.

i only own about 25 discs currently. i love to promote the sport, and try to get other people interested in it as well. when i have extra discs, i give them out to new players hoping that they will continue to take interest, and continue to learn more about this amazing sport!

Last edited:
About 150ish.

Maybe 250. Many have been lost or traded. Been playing about 5 years.

I only carry 10 discs with me. 2 putters, 3 midrange, the rest are fairway and distance drivers. I keep some backups in my car, and a few specialty discs that I use for extreme wind or rollers.

There is no imposed limit.. I always carry the same number, and will typically use only 6 or 7 of my discs in a competitive round.

I own 29 discs, have lost 4 over the last year, and I carried about 14 discs but I just bought a fade tourney bag so Ill be redoing my bag and definitley adding some discs to the bag.

I own 29 discs, have lost 4 over the last year, and I carried about 14 discs but I just bought a fade tourney bag so Ill be redoing my bag and definitley adding some discs to the bag.

(sorr 'bout the double post ... browser was throwing a fit)

Last edited:
I have 19 discs... I started playing in late July of 08... Of the 19, 10 of the discs I found...

I own nearly 40 discs, probably 38 or 39, I have an addiction to getting them, as Ive only been seriously playing for a little over three months. I carry 12 in my bag, but mainly because I havent gotten a bigger bag for myself yet, and the 12 always switch themselves up regularly

Been playing for almost 2 years. I have 41...usually carry 12 or so. Some I've thrown only once and 3 on my wall. It's just too fun to go disc shopping...just talking about it makes want to order more.

Latest posts