• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

How many discs do you own???

How Many Discs Do You Own?

• 10 or Less

Votes: 9 3.2%
  • 11-25

Votes: 52 18.4%
  • 26-50

Votes: 67 23.7%
  • 51-100

Votes: 66 23.3%
  • 101-250

Votes: 49 17.3%
  • 251-500

Votes: 27 9.5%
  • 501-1000

Votes: 5 1.8%
  • 1000+

Votes: 8 2.8%

• Total voters
rofllama! the first step is admitting that you have a problem. Anyways, I currently own 39, I play 22 on most days, depending on the course I might play 15 or so. I have at least two of every disc, some three, from worn to new.

I own a shade over 200:
21 in my bag
~25 practice putters
~30 practice drivers
~30 backups of my favorites/out of production
~75 collector's
25 misc/experimental/for water holes, etc.

I have lost, sold, traded probably another 50 or so in my 12 years of playing.

I keep disc sellers on E-Bay in business!

There is nothing like coming from work and having a new disc waiting for you in a box on your doorstep.

I keep disc sellers on E-Bay in business!

There is nothing like coming from work and having a new disc waiting for you in a box on your doorstep.
I know exactly what you mean.

ERic

Played for about 13 years and have about less than 100 in my stash. I usually carry less than 21 discs in my bag at any places I go.

I used to have more than 250 discs but realized that some of the discs are not good quality (scratched, stained, used, worn, marked, etc) or desirable (too many DX's) enough to be collectible and its taking up spaces and the discs are starting to deform from sitting there too long. So, I just give, give, give to many new players and traded with others as well. I never sold any of my discs for $$$, ever. :rolleyes:

I know exactly what you mean.

ERic

In the winter I work from home, so that is a problem, because I find myself checking for the mailman a few times a day and I know he comes sometime around 1:00. But I still might get up and check at 12:30 if I hear a loud truck on the east side of my house.

I am waiting on 5 used ones I bought off discaroo right now.

I have found ebay discs to be too expensive. People selling used ones end up getting bid up to 6 or 7 a piece, when I could buy them new for 7.49 on disc golf central, it's worth the extra money to get new in my opinion. The used ones on discaroo I am getting for like 3-5. I know they may be worn, but I just want to try out some different molds to see what I like.

played since '95, run events since '96, owned a dg biz for a while- i currently own approximately 700discs. 12-13 are in my bag, another 25 or so are backups for older stuff i can't replace (rocs, ce leopards,etc). probably 300 or so that i should unload.

I have found ebay discs to be too expensive. People selling used ones end up getting bid up to 6 or 7 a piece, when I could buy them new for 7.49 on disc golf central, it's worth the extra money to get new in my opinion.
I buy mostly Star & Champ on ebay, but there are some DX ones in my stash too. I average easily below $6 per disc including shipping. One trick is to find a seller with a lot of listings and willing to combine shipping. The other trick is to just be patient, set your max price, and eventually you'll probably get some good deals.

But you're right, I'm amazed at the prices some people pay for used (or even new) regular DX plastic on ebay; after shipping some of them are $10-12... :confused:

I have 96 currently. 70% are drivers, 25% are mid, and 5% are putters.

I guess I am close to 150...I will need to update the disc tracker one of these days. About 60 of these are just DX and extra used stuff I have to help out new people to get started in the game.

Just curious how many discs do you currently own?
~400

How many have you owned in your lifetime and how many years have you played???

I've played for 11.5 years, and I've probably been through ~1,000 discs in that time. When I started, I didn't know the etiquette for finding/returning discs, so I found a lot and gave a way a lot to new players. I also was friend's with the staff at the local Play-It-Again-Sports so I always got great deals on used discs and bought a ton that way in the early years. Then one year, a roommate and I used to buy and try one of every new mold that came out. But I've also worked hard to hook every friend I've got on disc golf, so I've literally given away probably 500-600 discs over the years, including ~100 my brother and I donated at one time a while back to a disc to a church that was doing some outreach at disc golf courses.

The reason I'm up to 400 now is that I don't get to play as often anymore, so I don't get to play with many new players or introduce nearly as many folks to the sport.

I can see wanting to have at least 20 you use regularly, but other discs you might want to have around for specific courses if you get good enough to know what to expect.

I usually have between 6 and 16 discs in my bag, depending on the round. I usually have 30-50 in the car that are a mix of backups and alternate discs, and discs that are ready to be given to other players. Recently, I've been getting my girlfriend started playing, so there is a box of my lightest drivers and a bunch of mids in the car so we can go out to a field and throw.

The discs at the house are ~15-20 wizards to practice putts. Then a lot of backups of discs I throw or old CE plastic I haven't made time to get rid of yet.

One of my goals is to reduce the collection, but it just takes time to do. I think it would be a good goal to cut it in half this year. I've been working on trading away discs I don't thrown and at least simplifying to molds I throw (or that will work for my girlfriend).

Part of the challenge is that many friends who play lose discs more often than I do, and I always try to keep backups around of their favorite discs so I can replace what they lose when needed.

I have about 21 right now. 16 of those are bagged and the 5 others are loose.

I don't really have that many, but then again I've only been playing for 6 months.

Over fifty probably. I have played off and on for over 18 years. In 1998 I cut my carpal tunnel on my right hand with a grinder blade. The blade went through my glove so fast I had no time to react. The last ten years I have only played about two to three rounds a year because it hurt my wrist too bad. 2008 was my first year back without pain. I was blessed enough to win the Wooster,Ohio Ace race. I placed second and third in a couple of other tournaments, and got my first aces in my playing career. Hoover dam in Columbus,Ohio Hole #7 293 feet. What a rush. I never thought I could play again and now I'm back! Hole #9 At Deis Hill Park in Dover,Ohio. Hole #1 in canton,Ohio. And my latest ace was on the 5th of january of this new year. Hole # 5 at Deis Hill Park in Dover,ohio. I would say, keep only what you know in your bag. Practice with the others until you know them well enough for them to be apart of your arsenal. This game is great!

I've only been playing about a year now and I have way too many discs,some of which I don't even use. I have 24. I bring alot with to give to people who are interested but don't have the dough to get a disc at the moment. Yeah 24,and waaaay to much.

Yea i have 8 discs but i only play with 6.

Ive played for a good three years but im still in high school. Perhaps someone could enlighten me to why a player needs so many discs. Isnt 3 technically enough?

Perhaps someone could enlighten me to why a player needs so many discs. Isnt 3 technically enough?
Well, one is technically enough. But most players have different discs for different types of shots. Understable drivers vs. overstable drivers. Really overstable drivers vs. mildly overstable drivers. Lighter Wraith for a tailwind drive vs. a heavy XCaliber for a headwind drive. Etc. etc. etc.

Then there are people who just like plastic... ;)

ERic

Just curious how many discs do you currently own?
**About 380 (Pics of many of them at following link - 5 more on the way from trades)
http://community.webshots.com/user/dobbins66

How many have you owned in your lifetime and how many years have you played???
** I currently own about 380, have lost 3, and have given away/sold/traded over 600. I've probably been right at 1000 owned since I started. Been playing about 4.5 years(Started at age 38 - Wish I'd started younger).

I can see wanting to have at least 20 you use regularly, but other discs you might want to have around for specific courses if you get good enough to know what to expect.
** I carry 20 at a time - I essentially use 10 disc and I carry two of each. I'm a little (OK... a lot) obsessed with having PLENTY of backups of the stuff I like (I own 30 KC Pro Banshees). Lots of discs but not nearly as much variety as some others players. Banshees, Firebirds & Teebirds make up over 100 of my discs.

Is there a limit on how many discs you carry in a tourney???
** No - Limited only be what your back will support.

I currently have 48 discs with a full color buzz on the way. I too like the above poster said that you only need three. And now I'll have 49 by tomorrow. And I've only been playing since October.

I probably have around 20 now but only use maybe 7 or 8 regularly. Over time i have had too many to count. As new discs come out I often change mostly the long drivers.

Latest posts