• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

How many discs do you own???

How Many Discs Do You Own?

• 10 or Less

Votes: 9 3.2%
  • 11-25

Votes: 52 18.4%
  • 26-50

Votes: 67 23.7%
  • 51-100

Votes: 66 23.3%
  • 101-250

Votes: 49 17.3%
  • 251-500

Votes: 27 9.5%
  • 501-1000

Votes: 5 1.8%
  • 1000+

Votes: 8 2.8%

• Total voters
I never understood how all those DG disc makers could stay in business until now.

It helps that every 10 days they come out with a new model or new plastic, with the implication that it will make YOU a star.

Drive 100 feet further!
Always land on the fairway!
Magically re-directs itself towards basket!

So, okay, you know the last 29 discs you tried didn't improve your score....but the next one will !!!!!!

Mas que 30 - which is more than I need.
This is due to finding discs (with no numbers) and trying new discs.
I have about 20 that stay in my bag.

Just mine, or all of the discs in my possession? I have the 2 boys and fiances which were mine at one time or I bought for them, but those really are not mine anymore. Save for the ones when I gave them I said "You can use this, but if daddy loses his, he'll want that one back"

So I am up to 28 and am only carrying 8 :doh:

I likely will work some back in here and there depending on the course. Typically water hazaards brings the DX out, and some of the others, while not the same mold, are similar enough for spares. I just like to try different discs.

Way too many...probably about 100. :eek:

Bag is at 14 discs, about 9 molds. I have 4-6 of each mold for backup and practice purposes, plus a crap load of putters and mids. A few specialty discs (overstable mids, roller discs) I also have some higher speed distance drivers that I'm hanging on to, when the time comes. Then there are a few that I did use, but don't right now, but may switch back to. Some will eventually get traded and sold.

Also, a few of those are CFR Rocs and cool Tie Dyes that may just turn into decorations...

Too many????

I am up to 113. But I can only throw about 10 of them correctly. The rest are just filling up bags and shelf space so my sh*t doesn't look empty.

I usually have around 40-50 discs at one time. I am constantly selling or giving away discs to my local disc golf buddies, but I am always buying more new discs and backups of what I really like. I currently carry 19 in my Revo Carolina, but plan to trim that count down to 16-18 when I get my Simian on Christmas :)

And next payday I'm getting 5 or 6 more. Merry Christmas to me!

I suppose I should qualify this. We, my gf and I, have 61 discs. She carries 5-8 in her bag, I carry 8-12. The others are kept in a plastic tote in the trunk.

The discs I'm going to buy are colored to replace the white discs I'm currently carrying. There is a little snow on the ground in places and soon it we'll be covered in the white stuff. Then of course there are the new molds I want to try.

around 30+ right now, but I expect that number to jump when Christmas comes. :D

That number is always changing though because I am selling dyes and giving away stuff to friends/family. I only carry 8-10 and the rest are in a tote in the truck.

Just curious how many discs do you currently own?

How many have you owned in your lifetime and how many years have you played???

I can see wanting to have at least 20 you use regularly, but other discs you might want to have around for specific courses if you get good enough to know what to expect.

Is there a limit on how many discs you carry in a tourney???

Played- 15 years
Currently- 30 discs
Lifetime- 150-200??
Carry in a tourney or any given round- 6-7

I can see wanting to have at least 20 you use regularly, but other discs you might want to have around for specific courses if you get good enough to know what to expect.

I currently own about 300. I carry about 22 in my bag.

I have owned about 400 in my lifetime, and I've been playing about 1.5 yrs.

I usually carry a backup bag of duplicates and spares to the course. Floaters, wind discs, repeats, and discs in various degrees of beat-in go into the "spares and duplicates" bag.

I probably own 70+ now, I have sold and traded over 40 discs so the total purchased is probably more around 90. I use about 25 of them now. Some were just from when I started playing, like cobras, archangels, skeeters, stuff that is just not enough disc for me anymore.

Approximately 85

at an average of 14 dollars a piece

That is 1120 dollars
Plus a dual pack bag 150
plus two pairs of gore tex shoes 250
Plus a discatcher sport 175

Comes up to around 1700 dollars I spent on a sport that was so attractive to me because of the fact that it was free to play! It would seem that I have been spending almost a hundred dollars a month on this free game since I started.

Oh and by the way I only carry 10 of those 85 discs with me when I play and probably only know how to throw about 5 of those!

Last edited:

about 1100

thousands, 15 years

12 or 13

i was in the business for a while and have also run tournaments for years and years.

Approximately 85

at an average of 14 dollars a piece

That is 1120 dollars
Plus a dual pack bag 150
plus two pairs of gore tex shoes 250
Plus a discatcher sport 175

Comes up to around 1700 dollars I spent on a sport that was so attractive to me because of the fact that it was free to play! It would seem that I have been spending almost a hundred dollars a month on this free game since I started.

Oh and by the way I only carry 10 of those 85 discs with me when I play and probably only know how to throw about 5 of those!

Yeah, but even counting all of that stuff, thats still just a little more than 2 rounds of ball golf a month not counting clubs. More or less depending on the course.

I have 43 that I play with, practice with, or lend out. I have another 5 on the wall. My wife knows I have a bunch, but not how many. She would kill me if she did the math to find a total cost to this "free" sport (i.e. discs, gas, bag, tournament, shoes, etc.). I love it just the same and it is not going anywhere. :clap:

6. 4 drivers & 2 putters. Of course, I've been playing less than 6 months, and feel I should work my technique with what I've got. Given time I'm sure I'll wind up with more, but I want to be able to stick everything I have before I start getting more.

i own about 70 discs and carry 16 of them on most of my outings (10 drivers,4 midranges and 2 putters. i really need to get around to putting some plastic up on here for trade

I currently own around 45. I have probably owned between 100-150 over the last 6 years. Between losing them and giving them away to new people I am down to 45. I have about 22 in my bag.