• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

How many discs do you own???

How Many Discs Do You Own?

• 10 or Less

Votes: 9 3.2%
  • 11-25

Votes: 52 18.4%
  • 26-50

Votes: 67 23.7%
  • 51-100

Votes: 66 23.3%
  • 101-250

Votes: 49 17.3%
  • 251-500

Votes: 27 9.5%
  • 501-1000

Votes: 5 1.8%
  • 1000+

Votes: 8 2.8%

• Total voters
Perhaps someone could enlighten me to why a player needs so many discs. Isnt 3 technically enough?
I too like the above poster said that you only need three. And now I'll have 49 by tomorrow. And I've only been playing since October.

Yeah, I showed up for my first tournament with three discs (Orc, Shark, Aviar)... I looked around at all these players with big bags on their backs stuffed full of discs and thought to myself "What the heck... you can only throw one at a time right...?!?"

ERic

a ball golfer doesn't need 14 clubs either, but why does he use them? because more discs make certain shots easier

I carry anywhere from 14-20 discs in my tournament bag depending on the course and the conditions that day

I keep 22-23 in my playing bag now.

ERic

I have been playing for six months and I have 10 discs. I constantly fight the urge to buy more. I want more (so I can dye them) but I do not want to end up with alot of discs I don't use. I suspect that with time I too will end up with 20+.

I only have two putters and I would like to get more to practice putting from longer distances.

I'd guess that I have 60-70 discs lying around. Maybe a few more. I've probably lost another 10-20 discs. I keep entertaining the notion of selling or trading away the discs I don't use but haven't worked up the motivation to do so.

I've been playing since March or so... I'My family has 23 (or so) discs at the moment.
I carry 8 in my bag regularly.

I bought my daughter (11) a bag and set for Christmas. She will be carrying 6 in her bag.

My wife is resistant to having her own bag and carries whatever she feels like carrying from our spares. Though, she has developped a fondess for the Roc and some unlabelled tournament disc we bought in a clearance bin.

People I normally play with carry between 3 and 10 discs. But, none of us are that good to know what to do with more than a handfull. I only carry as many as I do to look cool.

I have about 60 discs, and carry about 20 in my bag. I think I had about 12 discs this past summer, but have been playing a lot more recently(everyday I can) and only been playing about 2 years now. I move discs in and out depending on the weather, wind and course. I can't throw champion or Z plastic under 40 degrees or in wet conditions. If its windy, all my 150 class discs are out of the bag.

I have been playing since June of 2007. I have lost track of how many discs I have owned, because I have traded and sold many. I have also lost about 6

I currently own about 60. I carry 18 in my bag. The rest are backups.

Yea i have 8 discs but i only play with 6.

Ive played for a good three years but im still in high school. Perhaps someone could enlighten me to why a player needs so many discs. Isnt 3 technically enough?

If you play some wide open courses , you don't need many discs. If you play wooded or technical courses, you need more specialty discs. I carry 18, but I know what each one will do. I hit the practice field at least once a week, and check all my discs, and only use discs for certian shots.

Yea i have 8 discs but i only play with 6.

Ive played for a good three years but im still in high school. Perhaps someone could enlighten me to why a player needs so many discs. Isnt 3 technically enough?
I carry 18. Probably in a given round only 7-8 see their way out of the bag. The rest are backups in case I have an unpleasant experience with a water hole or some other means of disc loss. In the middle of a tournament, its not like I can run back to the car to grab a replacement.

If you play some wide open courses , you don't need many discs. If you play wooded or technical courses, you need more specialty discs. I carry 18, but I know what each one will do. I hit the practice field at least once a week, and check all my discs, and only use discs for certian shots.
IMO, unless you're really good, specailty discs are a bad idea. They prevent you from learning skills which will greatly increase the number of shots you can perform. If you use specaitly discs for certian shots the number of lines you can throw will be limited by the number of discs you carry.

The advantage to carrying more discs for the average player is that you can have backups of really important discs and discs in various stages of wear for minor changes in high speed and/or low speed stability. No matter what anyone tells you, the difference between molds is much greater than the difference between discs in different stages of wear.

I carry about 22. (an innova competition bag that is stuffed) I have about 4 or 5 in my closet just in case. I guess over my 5 years of experience I have probably owned nearly 60 discs. If I stop using them, I typically sell them to Play-it-Again Sports or give them to noobs. I have probably lost about 8 discs in 5 years.

Each of the 22 that I carry is unique except that I have 2 SE Teebirds. One is made of plastic that feels slightly more like champion plastic so there is a slight difference. But I carry 7 distance drivers, 7 fairway drivers, 6 midranges and 2 putters. Most discs don't get used in a round but each disc has its own special purpose. For instance, I keep a star Gator with me...I rarely use it, but on an open hole where the wind cranks up, or a wooded hole with a short hard hyzer approach, that disc is money. Other than those two shots it never gets used, but I want to have it when I need those shots.

I also have close friends that go overboard. One has nearly 250 and the other is very close to 200. Discs are like children to them.

I'd say that I'm around 120 discs give or take <Including "trophy putters" that don't get thrown>. Out of those I may have bought about 30-40, the rest I got as awards, or "cashing out" at tournaments. I carry 22 discs in my bag, and like Z-man not all of them get used a lot, but there are certain shots, or distance, or hard turn etc.... that you just KNOW that one disc in your bag has the best chance of getting you there. If I find a certain disc/weight that just perfectly fits my throwing style, when I cash out again I make sure to get backups. So I have multiple backups for my "go-to" discs. When something new comes out, I wait until cashing out then I get one. I've probably also given away 50 or so to noobs, or used as CTP's to different tourneys or my Sat. am club. I very rarely lose discs, I think only 4 last year, so my backups are way more than I need...

Too Many!... or is it Not Enough? idk.
at least 60 disc golf discs, 10 freestyle frisbee skystylers, 4 ultimate discs, 4 DDC discs, 3 TRC and MTA discs, and some other specialty stuff. Oh yeah... and all my retired ace discs.
DSCJNKY

Ive been playin for about 5 years now and i own 11 discs. 6 distance drivers,3 fairways, 1 mid-range, 1 putter. I need more now that i can control the flight of each individual disc.

Latest posts