• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

How many holes is too long?

To me, two 18's are better than one 36. If you only have time for one, you can at least complete it.

Too many "reviewers" here are whiners.

I'm not upset at all, I was just wondering what other people thought, I just didn't want to be doing the course a disservice.

Standing Rocks is a tourney-worthy course, which at 33 holes shows no signs of an impending schism; however, I'm not sure what the layout is for the SRO or other events, and many of the reviewers and locals refer either to the "new and old courses" or the "east/mid/west loops," so even sans course-splitting, it seems golfers have a conditioned tendency to break up large courses into easily digestible 6-, 9-, 12-, or 18-hole chunks (in the case of Standing Rocks, two 12-hole options and one 9-hole). I wasn't aware of what Chuck said, either!

well you are not the property owner or the designer so why are you so upset? are you the club president of one of the resident clubs? are you a member of the board of tourism for that town? why are your undies in such a twist over this?

both courses only have 2 reviews each, you and this other guy. are you trying to inflate the reviews of these courses? do you feel negated? do you feel like your vote doesn't matter?

if you really want to help this course maybe you should login to the review site and spruce up the pages for these courses by adding pictures, hole information and course conditions updates. entice people to come play and judge for themselves.

Yeah that makes no sense to me. When I first read this, I thought you were dinged for making one 36, not two 18's.

Unless it doesn't loop back at all or something weird.

if you are the property owner or course designer please remove your review as it is completely biased.
I don't agree with this. All reviews are completely biased. The owner/designer may be able to give a lot more insight in the review.

Looks like 2 courses...don't forget to name them both and update the hole info so people can print scorecards. There isnt much information listed.

Phantom falls has 38 holes and is number 5 on this site, if it were 2 courses would either/both be in the top 10 still? Just curiosity.

Personally I'm in the boat that 36 holes makes much more sense in most situations to be 2 separate courses, I don't really understand the argument that it should be one course. The reviewer even makes the statement that one course is the gem over the other.

Besides I'd rather get to mark 2 courses played for traveling to the course than waste all day only bagging one course...

And I don't see anything wrong with the course designer/owner reviewing a course, just state that it's going to be a biased review.

It's a pay to play course, so I guess you can b!tch about anything you want.

I just realized that the old course layout is the first RIP course on my played list. I'm glad it's being replaced by two courses, not just going away altogether. I played my first ever tournament there last year. I think ultimately most reviewers will like one course slightly more than the other (I think it's the west course). I has more trees, the lake comes into play on some of the holes (albeit only marginally). Nevertheless, folks will enjoy both. I'm sure there are other courses on here where that is the case. The next nearest home of 36 holes in my vicinity is in Visalia at Mooney Grove Park. The outback course tends to get slightly higher reviews than the championship course. Both are still fun to play, and it's a great way to spend the day.

Lame reviewer is lame. And I agree with SW22, I wholeheartedly welcome a designer/owner's opinion on their course.

Just played the new layout and I thought the design was done great. Especialy the fact that you start and finish each 18 at your car. There's one confusing long walk on the west course, but the shots you're rewarded with are well worth it. Can't wait for tees/signs, green faiways, and high water. I plan on playing a few times this winter. I'll save my review for after those rounds. Great course!

I think that they should be split into two 18's in the site, since they apparently are a bit different from a playing standpoint - East and west course, Lakeside and Inland.

At our courses we have both together as Foundation PARK Disc Golf Complex. Our long course is listed as Champ 18, and our short 9 listed as Rec 9 (hopefully 18 soon!!!).

Significant difference between the courses, as such the reviews and ratings are quite different.

My .02
Jeff

That's stupid. It looks like two courses, it flows like two courses. The only thing that might make people think of them more as two distinct courses is if one were easier, or if one were more open or had more water or something like that. I'd much rather have the OPTION of playing a full 36 or just one 18. Of course, I like 18 hole courses with 9-hole loops, so there you go.