• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

How often do you buy a new disc?

Hey fellow DGers

Just wondering how far my addiction has gone.

How often do you buy a new disc and how many do you generally buy at a time?

It varies, but I rarely buy one at a time. Usually it's 4 or 5 at a time.

I'd say in the summer I make a shopping run every couple weeks. In the winter it slows down quite a bit.

I bought 8 discs this last season that I can remember. I traded for a lot of discs, though. Now I have 18 discs (all throwers) in my unbagged collection and only another 13 left to trade. I almost never buy discs anymore because last fall my plastic itch subsided...at least temporarily. So I don't buy any new discs to try, I just try the ones I encounter, which is a lot lol. I can usually trade for most of the discs I need to replace. Obviously I usually need to buy fresh putters and some less popular discs when I need to replace discs. Luckily I almost never lose a disc and they wear very slowly so it doesn't cost me much now that I don't feel the desire to try new models.

I have over a hundred discs. For me buying discs comes in waves. Some months I might buy 10 to 20 others I buy none. It just depends on my mood and bank account.

Hmm, good question. I know I need to start selling off some of the discs that I don't use. I have bought a lot of discs this year because I changed up the bag when things were going well and life was inconsistent on the course. I need to buy more discs, a few that I am hoping to try out and a few as backups. I haven't bought anything for a while.

These last two months been tough on the wallet. Two usdgc thunderbirds, one Aussie open THB. Two novas, champ roc3, pro destroyer, star destroyer.

Picked up bunch of factory store stuff last month. Four kc pro aviars, four echo star teebirds, one star roc3, one g star roc 3, champ gator (all factory seconds). Two brinster teebirds. One for my best friend.

With tourny cash, cattying for Shawn Johnson and cleaning out the xtra holes at horsebridge dgc I was able to acquire a xt atlas, champ destroyer, 2 nova and a gstar thunderbird

I really wanted to start acquire many many multiples and play practice rounds and field work with just one mold at a time

First 2-3 years i bought maybe 20-30 discs a year. Backups, discs to try etc.

By now, i have 100 backup discs in my cellar. It's more than I will ever throw I think...

So by now I only buy single discs, when I come across a stand at tournaments, i can take it in my hand and it feels really good. Maybe 1-2 discs a year.

I scan the marketplace, ebay etc regularly for discs I'm looking for (basically anything that anyone anywhere at anytime said was a beginner disc), and see if there are any killer deals. Recently it's been buying 2-4 every other week (payday) but some go to me, others go to my wife. This payday will be a few Leopards, and maybe a Shark or a Roc. After that though, until I win a weight loss challenge and collect $250 for it in December, I won't buy anything else.

Can't beat f2's for price. Buy ten and you get a additional 20% off. Echo stars are $8 so that's $6.40. Spend $75 get free shipping

I try to "cap" my bag at a certain number, but that number keeps growing. Right now, I have a 20-disc bag and close to 25 discs. I've tried a fair number of molds and don't currently have two of any one mold (although carrying many brands, I likely have some overlap). I cull the discs that don't work for me anymore (mostly donations to local club). The three discs I bought last month were the first I've purchased in quite a while. I'm currently going through an evaluation period and, after a good bit of rounds and fieldwork, I'm going to cull some more discs and replace them with multiples of essential molds (for me, Leopard, Valkyrie, and Shark). Also need to pick up some heavier, more-stable putters.

I rarely buy more than 1 or 2 at a time, and at this point, it's usually backups. I could use a few more for a couple slots in my bag, but honestly, I'd like to sell/trade more of my discs than I'd like to buy any new ones.

I cruise the PIAS bins and if something strikes my fancy I'll snag one or two. Always on the lookout for oddities, or molds I throw.

Having said that I don't buy every time. I'll go to GGGT about twice a year when I'm MN and snag a few there, and might order some on line sparingly.

Honestly most of my recent discs have been gifts or tournament discs.

Not very often. When I started I found a lot. Lately I haven't found many. I get new discs in players packs and for birthdays and Christmas. I bought one with league winnings. All those I found early on are still flying pretty well for me and I haven't actually replaced any.

I think I am in the minority but I only get 3-4 new discs each year.

Rarely, the majority of my discs are from players packs and occasional ctps.

Usually only when DGBM releases something or MVP has a special release. I'm buried in backups for my bag and haven't had much interest in any of the non-Legacy new releases except for the Thunderbird.

Same for me, it goes in waves. Bough quite a few discs in the last two years, trying new companies and different molds, but that phase seems to have passed.

Now I only but duplicate discs I come across that have the right feel, weight, color and dome. I also scan the PIAS used bins for oddities. I'm pretty much done buying obscure discs I can't easily replace.

I usually buy one to two every couple of weeks. But I also trade and sell discs a lot too. But other than about five main discs in my bag I rotate stuff in and out a lot like monthly so always trying something new.

when i first started it was one per week. and i was working at a place where i could view the MP on here while at work. so i figured i basically got paid to browse for the disc.

but now i think i bought under 20 this year. probably sold more than i bought

Latest posts