• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Howdy.... here's the H.O.D. 3/22/2011

Hmmm 220', wide open, with a big tree branch hanging directly over the basket to use as a backboard?

Putter hole: KC Aviar on a slight hyzer for the ace/backboard or Zone on a low laser park job. The water really doesn't look like it's coming into play unless you try to throw a spike hyzer out there with a crosswind that sends you 50' left.

Buzzz on a spike hyzer. Teebird of it's really windy. Don't wanna roll into the water.

Ditto!

My only issue with trying to use the branch as a backboard is that you cannot control how it falls out of the tree...it could fall on edge and roll down the hill.

Last edited:
At Greg's request, I just uploaded another pic from the tee box. The trees you'll have to contend with might change your disc selection. Still a short hole though.

80ad0de2.jpg

I think from the tee box, you're actually a little closer to the water than the first pic suggests, and as Greg stated, it can get notoriously windy here. The day I shot my pics here, it was practically a hurricane without clouds.

Overhead shot. There is a bathroom and an OB road far off to the right.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I played there this weekend and it was WINDY!!.... hyzer around the tree to the right with a stable teebird, finish with a Wizard. If the wind wasn't so strong from left to right I'd say a hornet on a slight flex. Any time I have played this course winds have been over 15MPH and most of it is WIDE open.

RHBH off the tee with a Meteor, keeping it to the right wiht the little anny action that it does.

If its not a right to left cross wind I would probably throw a tee rex or destroyer OH
but i would also consider an Eagle or teebird maybe banshee on a hyzer

Firebird thumber, you got tons of headroom.

Edit: Since it's only 221' I'd go with the Banshee over the Firebird.

Wizard, straight line to the right of the basket.

Or, if its windy or im not feeling confident, Forehand a predator so it skips away from the water

Edit: just saw the 2nd pic, add me to the spike hyzer club

Last edited:
magnet straight at it if the wind isn't in my face or right to left, otherwise fh hornet right at it

magnet straight at it if the wind isn't in my face or right to left, otherwise fh hornet right at it
Did you see the updated pic? Straight at it with anything will end up in a tree.

And after a grueling round at the home course, I would definitely not want to play the HOD hole today. The wind would be fierce left to right, and with really no good flat shot options (sans maybe skipping something through the notch) even putters could end up in the parking lot easily.

Last edited:

Latest posts