• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Ian's Bag 2013

I'm happy they went to a good home. I have one more of those yellows that was my first Rattler. I love the plastic. It's held up pretty well for me too, but I don't have much of an arm (I maxed them around 175'-200'). Glad they made it to you safe. Those tanks barely fit in that mega-envelope!

Fair enough about the Aviars. I had a brief love affair with the Challenger when I finally broke from the Aviar, which I never really bonded with like you have. I was also a much bigger fan of mold minimalism when I was actively completing. I was recently in the same situation as you with Wizards and Pures. I love putting with Wizards but never was a huge fan of them off the tee. Opto Pures have completely replaced them off the tee and on approaches. I've had to buy a bigger bag than my current Squirrel Monkey because of it...

Keep it simple man. It's cheaper! :thmbup:

Having seen you putt with both the Challengers and Aviars, I understand why you went back to the Aviars. You were draining some sick putts with those man!:thmbup:

Lil update.. went back to the darkside of my KC Aviars .. just missed that big ole.. bead :) ... Really liked the challengers on drives and upshots but for actual putting just no reason to get away from the KC's. Have been taking a lil time away to just get my mind right.. didnt actually play at all last weekend.. I had been just getting down on myself and over thinking and well struggling lol .. Just going back to what i know works and just go from there... did mess with Saints and Rivers for a bit and liked them but dont think either will make the bag.. SW,PD,Leo all can cover those shots already.. Here is how things are and will stay .. well until tomorrow at least :p .. depending on course i may take out a teebird or roc but yeah here she is :

I find sometimes when I try out too many new discs at once, I screw my form up. I have to do the same thing and go back to the core of what my bag is.

^^ yeah i believe thats exactly what i did.. was trying Pds Saints and Rivers all at the same time and just trying way too hard and some how took some of the fun away since i was getting so down but looking forward to playing this weekend.. i cant remember ever taking a weekend off on purpose but was nice

@Streets.. thanks brotha.. just been using them so long i have a different confidince with those bad boys.. buttah lol :)

i havent played in over a month so not much lol .. driving me crazy.. been crazy busy then throw in the awful weather.. :( .. when i do play ill prob just go Teebird and Leopard on down.. been so long since i have actually thrown a disc im kinda nervous lol .. still been putting tho.. i got a new gateway titan a a few weeks back so its been getting some love but no actual "throws" in a long time.. i had almost burned myself out.. just trying to hard and getting aggravated at myself so the time off has been nice.. it had gotten to the point to where i wasnt really having fun and thats just not right lol

Last edited:
I think I've only been out twice this year, I keep thinking that I should get out and play. We should play a round in one of the upcoming weekends.

^^ yes we should.. i too havent played in forever.. played in a double tournament a month or two back and that was pretty much the last time i played.. i think i got one round in after that and maybe one or so before lol :( ... weather was sick last weekend but wasnt able to get out and play.. gonna just have to make time soon its driving me crazy.. but yeah ill call ya buddy maybe we can set something up local or on the road :)

wow its been a minute since i have updated this bad boy.. i still havent been able to play as much as i would like as of late... over the last 6 or so months its been hard to get a round in every few weeks and in the past im a good 5-7 round a week kinda guy so timing hasnt been what it was once but things are slowy coming back around. Been tinkering with the Buzzz a lil bit again but we will see how it goes.. i pretty much throw Comets everywhere i can so even tho they like to be thrown a lil different i think it would be fine.. but i have boxes of rocs if change my mind.. again lol. Since i havent been playing as much i have slowed things down a tad for now but once i get clicking again i will most likely but the Pd's back in...

"Distance" Drivers

168 Star Sidewinder (fresh) - nice and stable.. my "beefy" sw
168 Star Sidewinder (beat) - long turnovers, rollers, hyzer flips, etc.
165 12x Champion Firebird (flat,pearly,seasoned) - overstable utility, fh,etc.

"Control" Drivers

168 Pro-line Leopard (seasoned) - oh how i love this disc.. does it all
168 Pearly KC Pro Teebird - the beef.. shorter then my Star but boy she fades nicely
168 12x Champion Teebird (seasoned) - nicely seasoned.. lil fade left
168 Star Teebird - my beefy teebird, hyzers, fh, flex shots, you name it
168 DX Teebird (seasoned) - longer & more movement then Leo, standstill, turnovers, hyzer flips, etc.

The Mids

174 Elite-Z Comet (very opaque and grippy) - tad beefier then my normal Z's.. it can do it all.. mostly for Comet shots that i need to crank on a lil more
174 LE ESP Comet (flat 3rd run) - finesse comet .. used Elite-X here in the past but need to break another in and have the ESP so..
172 Barstamp Z-Buzzz (flat and seasoned) - dead straight
175 Elite-Z Buzzz (pearly,flat) - my "beefy" buzzz lol
169 ESP Zone - fh and bh upshots, also covers as beefy mid if needed

$ Makers

172 KC Pro Aviar [SM](seasoned) – putting putter.. perfectly seasoned
175 KC Pro Aviar [SM](beat) - upshots,drives
175 KC Pro Aviar [SM] (fresh) - more stable upshots, drives.. just needed an excuse to break in another
174 DX Small Bead Aviar (beat,old soft dx p&a) - jump putts, non power grip upshots, on the softer side

Seeing this setup in action for myself, looks like you have everything covered. I think the PD definitely should come back for longer hyzers especially in wind. It was odd not seeing the rocs but those comets are treating you right!

Hopefully work will slow down and I can join you for some more rounds.

^^ yes sir anytime buddy just let me know :) ... yeah it felt weird not having them in there.. hell i showed up with them in the bag and just said what the hell lets throw the buzzz in and see what happens lol .. in the past i didnt like it because they like to be thrown differently but if i continue to give the Comet the throws i dont think it will be an issue.. buzzz just feels so so nice in the hand but do like the gritty baseline goodness of the rocs .. ugghh lol

Bag looks great man. I varied up my Buzzzes and have a Z, an X and a Ti in my bag. The Z and X fly about identical, but the X sits down better. The Ti is more OS than the others. You certainly have your molds dialed in tho. Very nice indeed

thanks guys.. yeah i have pretty much had my molds down for years ... well at least most.. aviars,comets,leopards,teebirds,firebird,sw .. have switch from buzzz/roc a couple times over the years and will throw in Pd's,Beast,Surges just depending but the core has been the same for a while now. Dunno if the Buzzz will stay or not but we will see but the Comets will always. Once i get my timing back down we will see if i go with Pd's,Surges or Beasts but honestly im pretty comfortable with either but thats about as fast as i like to go... much over 2cm and the rims just arent comfortable for me but one of these days i may look at some blizzard or other "flippy" fast stuff but imo at my arm speed its just kinda pointless for an extra few feet

Hmm, how long ago was it that I called this want? The Escape is a nice disc and a tad longer than the PD.

^^ yupp i was thinking the same thing lol .. i have one coming around 170g from the PIF thread that im going to test but looking the numbers it looks right up my alley and i know you have really liked them.. .does it overlap at all with the PD's? was thinking it may with the P-Pd a lil

The Escape and the P-PD have very similar flight paths but because it premium plastic it stays in the sweet zone a lot longer. I like the feel of the BioFuzion but the flight of the Lucid - if that makes any sense.

The S-PD is still a better disc in the wind. I've had quite a few throws stay straight and not fade back even though I didn't think the wind was that strong. I really sucks being pin high but 50' wide right - LOL.

lol .. so whats more stable for you bio or lucid? the one i have coming is a bio and a tad heavier then i want but still only 170ish.. i still havent tracked down any lighter s-pd's to put in the bag.. i have been using fresh and seasoned p-pd's and for the wind we have around here its been ok but yeah they season very very quickly

If I were to pick I'd say the BioFuzion. The Lucid has some high speed turn that I do not see on the Bio (yet - it's still pretty fresh) but they both have a similar amount of fade at the end of the flight.

^^ great thanks for the info buddy... sounds like i need to track down some Lucid :) .. really excited to test this one out tho def seems right up my alley.. the flight ratings seemed very TD-ish but sounds like it may be a tad beefier then it rates out..?

Last edited:
I second bio being more stable. It is a little beefier than a TD, you can really crank on an escape. But if you get a lighter lucid and beat it in a little bit it will be similar to a TD