• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] ID a disc or ask "What is the story on this disc...?" - Take II

Yeah, I'm not great at tunnel shots so some of those holes were not pretty. And I'll put Stumpy Creek on my shortlist.

CFR KCP Ontario Roc, just curious what year this is from if anyone can help.

image_zps159d0155.jpg

Anybody know the last year for Ching stamped disc, Aviars, Rocs and others? I was thinking 2006 maybe a year or 2 later. Anyone happen to know why the guy stopped doing the work?

I dug out a Champion disc of some sort from the local creek while looking for a D1 I shanked into its murky depths this afternoon. The disc stamp is completely wiped and replaced with a $ and T symbol dyed/markered into it. The only other markings on the disc is a faint BS and a 16X weight. I assume this is a Beast since my Bosses have a BO symbol. Am i correct on this assumption?

Anybody know the last year for Ching stamped disc, Aviars, Rocs and others? I was thinking 2006 maybe a year or 2 later. Anyone happen to know why the guy stopped doing the work?

Don't know the last year, but the machine broke and ching went downhill as a business. Combination of factors like mostly the machine breaking is why they stopped. Innova has recreated a similar device that allows them to achieve the flat topping that you see with tournament custom dx rocs and rhynos.

Old Innova Big bird Roc..

Hello all, I recently got back an old disc of mine from a friend cleaning out his stuff. It was all sorts of dirty with peeling glow paint on it. Cleaned it up as best I could but you can still see my faded signature and old phone number on it. I've seen older Big birds searching fir mine online, but nothing specifically with the same print on it.

Mine has the "Innova Champion Discs, Inc" all in caps. I used this disc alot in the past and it shows. I never get any tree love, only hate lol. Just wondering if I should keep it in my bag or if it's worth anything. My bf said in great condition it would go for $120 easily. It is however in ok condition. Anyway I'd much appreciate any insight, thanks in advance.

Attachments

• CAM09071.jpg
    CAM09071.jpg
    144.5 KB · Views: 75
  • CAM09072.jpg
    CAM09072.jpg
    134.4 KB · Views: 72
  • CAM09074.jpg
    CAM09074.jpg
    125 KB · Views: 78
The rim almost looks like a Teebird. Defiantly not a Roc.

Yeah, I forgot to put it in there, many people have told me it's a misprint. I believe two people hace speculated that it's a teebird who have seen it in person.

Our local club picked this up for our collection, no one is sure what it is though.

AhJJdeWl.jpg

w0MQocnl.jpg

Next to an Aviar
Nu2kY5bl.jpg

ErE6J8gl.jpg

rPbRYpSl.jpg

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Is it really light? It looks like it might be a Premie Aero from the 80's that somebody never threw.

Yeah, what I actually think now is that it's a Phenix. The Phenix was a retool of the original Aero mold so it had the original Aero tooling. I just saw the tooling and didn't even look at the profile; now that I've had some coffee it looks like a Phenix.

The plastic in the picture looks sorta Champ-ish. In the old DX discs that look usually means it's a really lightweight disc. So I'd guess Premie Phenix from that picture.

Thanks For the update.

Don't know the last year, but the machine broke and ching went downhill as a business. Combination of factors like mostly the machine breaking is why they stopped. Innova has recreated a similar device that allows them to achieve the flat topping that you see with tournament custom dx rocs and rhynos.

There getting harder to find and my pile of them is shrinking. I have 3 thrower rocs and a new Eagle from the Oak Hollow Open back in 1999.

Latest posts