• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] ID a disc or ask "What is the story on this disc...?" - Take II

I think this is a lightning disc. Stiff as a board and no tooling.

Attachments

• DSC04681.jpg
    DSC04681.jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 29
  • DSC04679.jpg
    DSC04679.jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 28
looks like 5/8", 1.58cm
I get the Lightning guess, but the stamp says 1987. P-38? Nope. F-15 Eagle? Nope. X15? I don't think so. What else would they have had?

Destiny I don't think ever made anything with a wing that big.

Anybody know what they underside of a Discraft Cruiser looked like?

I get the Lightning guess, but the stamp says 1987. P-38? Nope. F-15 Eagle? Nope. X15? I don't think so. What else would they have had?

Destiny I don't think ever made anything with a wing that big.

Anybody know what they underside of a Discraft Cruiser looked like?

I have a cruiser here, it's nothing like that. My cruiser is flat, this has quite a big shoulder to it. The top is similar to an Aero's profile.

Here are a couple profile pics. The bottom of the plate is flat until it gets to about 3/8" from the rim, then it tapers towards the rim at about a 10 degree angle. Tried getting a picture of that but with it being white didn't turn out too well.

Attachments

• DSC04686.jpg
    DSC04686.jpg
    21.8 KB · Views: 18
  • DSC04688.jpg
    DSC04688.jpg
    19.7 KB · Views: 16
I have a cruiser here, it's nothing like that. My cruiser is flat, this has quite a big shoulder to it. The top is similar to an Aero's profile.
So what kind of diameter does it have?

I mean this shouldn't be hard. Not very many golf discs had a wing that big in 1987. Actually, there weren't many golf discs in 1987 period.

Maybe it's a Falcon, then?

Sorry, at the beginning I though "how hard could this be?" Then I realized I don't know what I'm looking at. It looks enough like a Rubber Putter that I'd be thinking Thunderbolt or Falcon, but I'm pulling a blank.

Still looking for info, I've posted on a couple FB pages, one comment was an F-15 Eagle. I did find out ITFC stands for Indian Territory Frisbee Club.

F-15 Eagle comparison.

Attachments

• DSC04691.jpg
    DSC04691.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 19
  • DSC04692.jpg
    DSC04692.jpg
    15.5 KB · Views: 13
  • DSC04694.jpg
    DSC04694.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 10
Is it smaller in diameter than the F-15, or is that an optical illusion?

The only Lightning disc I have that looks anything like it is the Rubber Putter. The underside is all wrong but the profile fits. Do you have a P-38? I don't think it is a P-38 but I don't have one anymore and it's been a long time since I've seen one.

This is bugging me, I messaged a guy who has forgotten more than I'll ever know about golf discs to see if he can ID it.

Latest posts