• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] ID a disc or ask "What is the story on this disc...?" - Take II

Any idea what this is? Innova, Champ plastic, 2013 Pieradise Open stamp. I put a ruler on the rim and it's about 24 or 25mm, hard to be exact without calipers. Fairly domey, but not a pop-top. Has a bit of turn, even for my noodle arm. Not a Vulcan, I know what those look like.

I don't think anyone with a noodle arm can turn a new Boss, so I'd lean towards the Katana.

I played that tournament on a whim. Decided I wanted to play it at midnight the night before, took a nap, woke up at 3am and drove out there. Played it blind. Super fun course. Bummer that it's now gone.

Yeah, Katana makes sense.

I played that tournament on a whim. Decided I wanted to play it at midnight the night before, took a nap, woke up at 3am and drove out there. Played it blind. Super fun course. Bummer that it's now gone.

I noticed that the stamp says "10th and final." Sounds sad. :(

Yeah, Katana makes sense.

I noticed that the stamp says "10th and final." Sounds sad. :(

I honestly didn't even know it was going to be the final tourney there. I was just looking for a tournament to play within a 2-3 hour drive and that one seemed like it would be the most fun, despite having to play it blind. Glad I played it. The owner of the property relocated to Florida a couple months later and the person that bought the land does not play so the course got pulled.

I honestly didn't even know it was going to be the final tourney there. I was just looking for a tournament to play within a 2-3 hour drive and that one seemed like it would be the most fun, despite having to play it blind. Glad I played it. The owner of the property relocated to Florida a couple months later and the person that bought the land does not play so the course got pulled.
Allen Pier's course is gone? Shows you how out of the loop I am, I get the news five years later. That's a shame, that was an awesome place.

Allen Pier's course is gone? Shows you how out of the loop I am, I get the news five years later. That's a shame, that was an awesome place.

Yep. The property was for sale when I was there. They were hoping someone buys it and keeps disc golf going. Whoever bought it knew nothing about disc golf and didn't want to keep the baskets/people around so course got pulled.

Hey all, need some help ID'ing this disc that's just been in my collection for years. Found it way back when I first started playing and just never used. Been getting back into DG this year and going through my collection trying to figure out what all I have. The stamp is pretty faded, but I'm pretty sure it says 2008 Treebash Open on it:

https://imgur.com/a/TLL9FjH

Hey all, need some help ID'ing this disc that's just been in my collection for years. Found it way back when I first started playing and just never used. Been getting back into DG this year and going through my collection trying to figure out what all I have. The stamp is pretty faded, but I'm pretty sure it says 2008 Treebash Open on it:

https://imgur.com/a/TLL9FjH

My initial guess based on the pics is Sidewinder.

My initial guess based on the pics is Sidewinder.

Thanks for the response. I just compared it to another champ sidewinder that I have laying around, and it does look pretty similar in terms of the type of rim. Main differences I could tell are that the rim on the mystery disc is both deeper and wider than the other champ sidewinder I have.

Anyone know a disc that's similar to the sidewinder rim but deeper/wider?

Thanks for the response. I just compared it to another champ sidewinder that I have laying around, and it does look pretty similar in terms of the type of rim. Main differences I could tell are that the rim on the mystery disc is both deeper and wider than the other champ sidewinder I have.

Anyone know a disc that's similar to the sidewinder rim but deeper/wider?

Beast L.

What's this disc

Seems to be the perfect place to ask this question...
Short time stalker, new member to the forum... in fact this very thread is what got me to finally join since i couldn't figure this out on my own and have come to realize I need the combined intellectual power of the community. :hfive:

What I have is a Westside driver I believe... possibly a king but not sure enough in myself to take my own word for it. 170g

Description of what you see, or kinda see in the linked images below...
The head of an Alien, from the movie... Alien on the left coming out of, or through some cylindrical object with broken chain weaved throughout the image. The chain has a claw at the end of it in the lower right, and there is a humanoid head in the upper right with the fighting grimace expression and wearing a headband/bandanna. :confused:
https://photos.app.goo.gl/dyhPxXwsiscNKLsv8

Any assistance in confirming my suspicion or identifying this disc is greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance!
:thmbup:

Every Westside disc I've seen has the name of the disc embossed on the bottom. I once found a Destiny with a tourny stamp on it. Only way I could tell what it was was the name embossed on it.

Dynamic and Lat64 seem to do the same thing.

Every Westside disc I've seen has the name of the disc embossed on the bottom. I once found a Destiny with a tourny stamp on it. Only way I could tell what it was was the name embossed on it.

Dynamic and Lat64 seem to do the same thing.

My Shields and Hatchets have the embossed name, but my Boatmen do not. Maybe it's only on the newer molds or they added it at some point?

Sorry, I don't know on the disc.

37400823_10106340226871415_4573508200162131968_o.jpg

So is this a SE Leopard? I've had one previously, and it felt like this one. Old style lettering and a bar stamp. It doesn't seem to have any Climo text anywhere.

37400823_10106340226871415_4573508200162131968_o.jpg

So is this a SE Leopard? I've had one previously, and it felt like this one. Old style lettering and a bar stamp. It doesn't seem to have any Climo text anywhere.

That's a candy pro leopard. SE would be opaque plastic with a big disc style bar stamp that said special edition leopard in it. It predates Barry getting his name on leopards so no signature in the stamp

Latest posts