• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] ID a disc or ask "What is the story on this disc...?" - Take II

That is probably my favorite disc to just pick up and touch some when I see it. The colors pop and it feels so nice.
I'm not a CE expert, but my understanding was that the two-color stamped QJLS were CE. Somebody else in this thread should fact-check me in case I'm fake news, but I think that's a CE JLS.

176g. I appreciate your replies. I was having trouble finding something with the same stamp. If it was a tl I would be able to tell just by feeling it but I'm not familiar with a lot of the older molds.
Sentinels I do know; you have an LE Sentinel which makes it a first run. The disc initially was just going to be a specialty run, so they stamped "Limited Edition" on them; they decided to leave it in production after the initial run sold well. The later runs didn't have "Limited Edition" on the stamp. The plastic is base Millennium plastic which is equivalent to Innova Pro plastic more or less. That particular disc is 22 years old and the plastic has changed over time, so it's somewhat different but in the ballpark. I threw LE Sentinels for about 15 years; I thought they were awesome.

I'm not a CE expert, but my understanding was that the two-color stamped QJLS were CE. Somebody else in this thread should fact-check me in case I'm fake news, but I think that's a CE JLS.

I believe you are correct, sir. The other JLS actually says CE-JLS and it has a tie dye pattern, I'm pretty sure. That blue polaris is CE as well, the 1.13 run was.

What disc do I have?

I think it's a Firebird, the writing on the back is slightly throwing me off.
Also, any significance with the stamp?

Thanks

Attachments

• Face.jpg
    Face.jpg
    107.3 KB · Views: 56
  • Side.jpg
    Side.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 46
  • Back.jpg
    Back.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 62
Thanks guys, I couldn't tell if it was an F or a T and I guess I expected the firebird to feel sharper, feels pretty much like a thunderbird which shouldn't be a surprise.

Thanks guys, I couldn't tell if it was an F or a T and I guess I expected the firebird to feel sharper, feels pretty much like a thunderbird which shouldn't be a surprise.

Yep as you may be aware, the Thunderbird (and a slew of other speed 9-10 Innova molded drivers) utilize the lower wing of the Firebird. As it turns out, that lower wing is a damn good mold piece as it seems like practically every mold that uses it turned into an instant classic.

Yep as you may be aware, the Thunderbird (and a slew of other speed 9-10 Innova molded drivers) utilize the lower wing of the Firebird. As it turns out, that lower wing is a damn good mold piece as it seems like practically every mold that uses it turned into an instant classic.

Ahh so that's what it is. I have had a 169g Champ Thunderbird from the start and it's such a staple for my bag. I've trusted that disc more than any other in my bag. It's starting to turn a little but that's okay. We've been through a lot, especially hide and seek since it's blackish/purple. Very easy to lose :doh:

Truth?

Can someone please help me identify this Truth? It is fusion plastic, shows 5,5,0,2 but lacks the EMAC stamp on the front and the EMAC signature in the label on the back.

I have EMAC truths and I have a non-EMAC truth that shows 5,5,-1,1. Can't tell what this is. Thanks for the help!!

Attachments

• TruthFront.jpg
    TruthFront.jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 13
  • Truthback.jpg
    Truthback.jpg
    80.9 KB · Views: 8
I believe you are correct, sir. The other JLS actually says CE-JLS and it has a tie dye pattern, I'm pretty sure. That blue polaris is CE as well, the 1.13 run was.

Yes, the CE-JLS is from the test run and most of them are tie-dye. The majority of the test run discs have slight molding defects. The orange is from the first stock stamp run of CE. It is identified by opaque taffy plastic, the two color stamp and pdga appoved mistake on the stamp.

Okay hoping somebody can give me some info on this disc. From the 2006 Charlotte Open. TD was Stan McDaniel, but he said he can't remember anything about it lol. Got a buddy who asked Chris Howard who finished 16th in the event. He says it's a Champ Valk. And that the disc was money, a lot of the pros put it straight in their bags. But I also discovered it glows. And have tried and tried to get more info on it but coming up with nothing. Only old glow Valk I've ever heard of are the Sandstrom day glow. I can take more pics if I need to, but hoping somebody knows the story with it...

Attachments

• 20200826_164136.jpg
    20200826_164136.jpg
    154.2 KB · Views: 21
  • 20201211_215631.jpg
    20201211_215631.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 18
  • 20201211_215701.jpg
    20201211_215701.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 23
Can someone please help me identify this Truth? It is fusion plastic, shows 5,5,0,2 but lacks the EMAC stamp on the front and the EMAC signature in the label on the back.

I have EMAC truths and I have a non-EMAC truth that shows 5,5,-1,1. Can't tell what this is. Thanks for the help!!

My guess is it's a Truth from before Dynamic did signature discs, as the Truth's original flight numbers were 5,5,0,2

Okay hoping somebody can give me some info on this disc. From the 2006 Charlotte Open. TD was Stan McDaniel, but he said he can't remember anything about it lol. Got a buddy who asked Chris Howard who finished 16th in the event. He says it's a Champ Valk. And that the disc was money, a lot of the pros put it straight in their bags. But I also discovered it glows. And have tried and tried to get more info on it but coming up with nothing. Only old glow Valk I've ever heard of are the Sandstrom day glow. I can take more pics if I need to, but hoping somebody knows the story with it...

It's a glow valkyrie. There have been plenty made over the years. That is likely all the story there is.

What mold is this 2015 Gentlemen's Club Challenge disc? It is glow plastic...

Attachments

• 20201216_203515.jpg
    20201216_203515.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 18
  • 20201216_203543.jpg
    20201216_203543.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 21

Latest posts