• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] ID a disc or ask "What is the story on this disc...?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks so very much yall, I've never owned a shark so I was at a loss to what it was. I knew it was older so I wasn't sure if it was an oop or not. Maybe I can trade it for a chains aviar?!?! Anyone?
Biz

got a dis from a friend today, its an aviar of some sort. looks like a BB aviar and it feels like campion plastic but its not see through. wondering if its CE? says on the back

INNOVA CHAMPION DISCS, INC.
SAN MARINO CA. 91108-8368

stacked like that. the weight is written big next to the nipple thing and there are two rings instead of one like the ones now days. you can also see finger prints on the back whenever you touch it. top is glossy and bottom fairly glossy but shows every fingerprint

0708111530.jpg

0708111531b.jpg

0708111531.jpg

0708111531a.jpg

^^ just a dx san marino...i think......i have some old ones like that...mine have the weight written real big...fills up the circle

its not dx thers no way. unless they use to make dx out of plastic that feels like champion. i hav some old dx tbs that hav the weight written big and it feels nothing alike. im positive its either champ or CE im just wondeing which? ive never seen champ this opaque, its not see through at all and looks like early run CE or kinda like the 10x or earlier pro plastic the CE blend stuff. it actually feels like an mvp ion as weird as that sounds the plastic feels and looks similar

thanks for the impute tho moose

Innova did experiment with different plastics back in the San Marino days. I have no idea what that plastic is. I have an original San Marino Roc, the small diameter type, that is a bit floppy. I have never seen another run of Rocs with that plastic.

ive never seen anything like it either, its different than the other CE discs ive had/have but its more like CE than regular champ. ill have to see if i can find out when they were printed/made from the guy i got it from.

if it is some special prototype plastic or CE what might this gem be worth?

OK lets see if this works :

269406_1999897153903_1137777708_32062234_7270045_a.jpg

I got this with another disc to cut shipping costs and it's pretty sweet looking. From what I understand this was in the player packs as part of a random set of 4 discs that was given to folks that played in the 2009 St. Louis Open. the only tooling on the disc id the DISCRAFT tooling in the rim but no disc name or anything.

I've read that it could be anything from a surge to a similar DGA disc. Any ideas?

:confused:

let me know if you need other pic's

ive never seen anything like it either, its different than the other CE discs ive had/have but its more like CE than regular champ. ill have to see if i can find out when they were printed/made from the guy i got it from.

if it is some special prototype plastic or CE what might this gem be worth?

it's dx... plastics used to differ almost from run to run...

I have a collection of Pumpkins of over 25 plus the aviar I lost just last week. I can tell you many things about that disc. #1 it is indeed a 2001 halloween stamp #2 not very rare
I have a 98 roc even with the experimental "grip stamp" what's it worth maybe $15 and it is mint and a 99 aviar same story unless you can find someone that happens to collect pumpkins. and yours is a far cry from being mint. I'd give you $10 shipped and prolly be disappointed with the condition. I bought 8 of the discs i have in my collection for $44 dollars shipped off Ebay they were rocs, teebirds, destoyers and aviars from like 99 2000 02 04 05.

OK lets see if this works :

269406_1999897153903_1137777708_32062234_7270045_a.jpg

I got this with another disc to cut shipping costs and it's pretty sweet looking. From what I understand this was in the player packs as part of a random set of 4 discs that was given to folks that played in the 2009 St. Louis Open. the only tooling on the disc id the DISCRAFT tooling in the rim but no disc name or anything.

I've read that it could be anything from a surge to a similar DGA disc. Any ideas?

:confused:

let me know if you need other pic's

1 thing I do know is whose possession it is gonna be in :p

Need help ID'ing a disc

I found a disc that I'm not sure what it is. I know for a fact it is made by Innova. The three letter marking near the weight is "PKH". The rim is pretty wide so it looks like a "higher speed" disc. The only front stamp is the 2010 Colorado State Disc Golf Championships, nothing else. The plastic feels like either Pro or Star.

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.