• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

If the disc has obviously been lost for a long time.....

techn9cian4life

Double Eagle Member
Do you still call the owner back? I found a disc the other day that had obvious signs of being in the water for WAY too long. It was pressed in to the mud from people continuously walking over it. I was stomping through an area in my waders looking for a disc I had lost a week prior, and came across it. Called the guy back and he said he had lost it at least a YEAR AGO.. but he thanked me for calling him and said I could keep it cause he had replaced it months and months ago. So I tossed it in my trade/giveaway box. Thoughts on the subject???

Um, you called. He said he replaced it, so you can keep it. I guess my thought is "all's right in the world."

Call, it can't hurt.

I lost a disc recently and by the time someone finds it, or if they already found it, it will probably look like it has been there forever since the water was really murkey and it probably ended up underneath a bunch of leaves and mud. I would like it back, even if it is over a year from now. I am not expecting it back though.

How long the disc has been lost does not matter. Call the number.

I had a disc returned to me after 15 mos and when I got it back it was quite apparent that someone elsa had found it and used it for a long time. I assume they lost it and an "honest person" found it and turned it into the local shop.
I feel if it has a number you should call it. It's simple.

I have lost ~15 discs and had two returned.

You misunderstood me. I don't ink my discs because it ruins the look and lowers the value. If I lose a disc that just means I'm too lazy too keep looking for it. I do usually call in inked discs that I find.

And to answer your question I put wallets that I find in mail drop boxes. They'll deliver it.

Discs belong to like, the universe, man. You can't OWN a disc, man.

Hell, I found a basketball rolling down my street. I caught it, put in my front garden, up on a juniper. Two weeks ago. I wish the owner would come get it...

yes because it contains personal/ sensitive information/ MONEY. same reason id return a phone.

Right and wrong is not a matter of severity, sensetivity or degrees. Sounds like the guy caught parking in a handicap spot, and justifies by declaring he has only parked there for a few minutes. Doing the right thing is not a grey area.... or difficult. If you are asking, you know the answer. :doh:

THIS IS A "DO YOU RETURN A LOST DISC" THREAD. seriously?

we all know the wallet comparison is not valid, but the point is you know who the property belongs to, you should attempt to return it. We just rehash the same debate over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over .

insert dead horse image here.

The only time I expect to have it returned is when people are playing through and say they'll let me know if they see it. Even then they can, and sometimes do, walk off with it. Nice of you to call.

The fact that returning discs, with contact information on them, is even a question baffles me about people and doing the right thing. Quite sad really.

I would defiantly call/text the owner if there's a #. I have my own disc's in molds and weights that I get to chooses why would I want someone else's beat up plastic? With that being said people shouldn't take it so personal if their discs are never returned I bet you either lost it and gave up looking for it or your like me and threw multiples on a hole and forgot to pick one up, either way that's your fault the disc is no longer in your bag. I may have a different outlook on this though since I was in the military and this is how it is with our gear all the time.

Lastly I think it's safe to say we all agree losing discs sucks!

Latest posts