• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

If you were in charge

Pick a disc that starts with the letter "D" besides the Destroyer.

Inconceivable!

Do-not-think-it-means.jpeg

Just to be clear this was by no means a hit on Innova, my bag is at least half Innova. They are just the biggest brand with the most recognition. I struggle trying to narrow down the field of options. Thought it would be kinda cool to see what overlaps or unimportant discs other players saw. Considered doing the same with other brands. If I were in charge of Innova, I would watch forums like these closely to see they general attitude and opinion of the public. You have to stay ahead of the market and react and adjust as you see trends emerging.

With all due respect, forums like these are hardly representative of "the public". Especially Innova's public. I think their market position indicates that they have a pretty good handle on this subject.

I'll bet every disc bashed in this thread has legions of loyal users and, except perhaps for the newest introductions, sells in significant volume. I've known of experienced disc golfers who bag birdies, roadrunners, sidewinders, monarchs, archons, wahoos, darts, vulcans, and more.

All you hatin' on the Wolf, shame on you! Y'all just don't know how to throw it right.

With all due respect, forums like these are hardly representative of "the public". Especially Innova's public. I think their market position indicates that they have a pretty good handle on this subject.

I'll bet every disc bashed in this thread has legions of loyal users and, except perhaps for the newest introductions, sells in significant volume. I've known of experienced disc golfers who bag birdies, roadrunners, sidewinders, monarchs, archons, wahoos, darts, vulcans, and more.
Legions? Really? Hordes maybe... throngs I could see... but legions?

Don't say no glow

All glow plastic .

Without glow plastic, I would not be able to play at night as much when daylight wasting time is in effect (winter). The beacons are good, better when you put them on a glow disc.:thmbup:

I've been playing for 20 years and can confidently say that mine are not.

Exactly! I love old molds and lighter weight discs as drivers. I think the Innova Pro and DX Gremlins are two of the best discs of all time and never understood why they were taken out of production. Not sure if this is accurate but I was told they were no longer made due to the Roc's popularity which is also one of my favorites. It is unfortunate so many new players only seem to like drivers and do not know the history and characteristics of old discs, have not thrown older discs (XD is still relevant but I rarely see anyone throwing them now) and what got us to the high speed drivers. The Sidewinder and Roadrunner were introduced right when I first started but back then everyone seemed to be throwing Leopards, Orcs and Valkyries. An investment management company has a new ad out during PGA tour telecast where a guy has 14 different drivers which always make me think of some of today's disc golfers.

I would say that these forums are representative of the serious discing community. Sort of.

I've had every one of those discs listed in your last sentence--the only one still in my bag is the Dart.

As far as eliminating an Innova p.o.s.---hmmm, I would destroy the Groove mold, take my firing like a man, watch the chuckers collapse in tears, and bask in the adulation of the entire disc golf world community.:D:p

"It's a write-off for them."
"How is it a write-off?"
"They just write it off."
"Write it off what?"
"Jerry, all these big companies, they write off everything."
"You don't even know what a write-off is."
"Do you?"
"No, I don't."
"But they do. And they're the ones writing it off."
"I wish I had the last twenty seconds of my life back."
- Kramer and Jerry, in "The Package"

:thmbup: :hfive:

I would say that these forums are representative of the serious discing community. Sort of.

I've had every one of those discs listed in your last sentence--the only one still in my bag is the Dart.

As far as eliminating an Innova p.o.s.---hmmm, I would destroy the Groove mold, take my firing like a man, watch the chuckers collapse in tears, and bask in the adulation of the entire disc golf world community.:D:p

I think these forums do not represent the majority (or even half) of the serious disc golfers. The reason I think this is because of all the serious golfers I have been around that do not have an active account on here.

^^^That's why I said "sort of". It certainly doesn't attract many pros, and there's plenty of chuckers, though quite a lot of them get their egos shot down right quickly. Still, with DGR gone(more or less), it's about all we've got, short of club forums and marketer websites.

Its true that my handful of discing buds look here for courses but spend no time here otherwise.

Last edited:
Get rid of any Roc mold that isn't the Rancho or the Classic. For real. Or, keep the the other "Rocs" and rename them. Something along the lines of "Turd" or "Inferior Turd". V-Inferior Turd3 ftw!