• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Illianasconsinigan members! (Part II)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The baskets are now in for the back 9 of the Palatine course.

I have no idea. its been about three years since ive played out there. and it was a 9 hole course. sometime said that they put in the back nine. if so i might check that out in the near future

This was posted on discontinuum on 7/10:
The baskets to holes 10-18 are now permanently up at the course... It's still a little rough, but it's certainly playable if you're itching to play. If you wait a week there should be significantly wider fairways and much better signage.

Apparently the new holes are north of Wood St.

Yeah, I'm guessing Josh will be giving the clinic.

I played the new back 9 on Sunday. Fun holes. A bit more distance and elevation. More trees to navigate around. Still very wide open though. The added distance and elevation really brings the tall grass into play. I played with a rec/int player and we spent more time looking for discs than actually playing the course. He ended up losing one after we watched it go maybe 20 feet off the short grass. Having a spotter on a lot of the holes would help.

First throw at west main park today and I lost a teebird that had to be no farther then 30 ft from the hole into the tall grass. =/ If they are wanting to have a good tourney there, they definitely need to mow the grass more and make a bigger green and fairway

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts