• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Illianasconsinigan Members (Part III)

So say a guy was making a trip around the lake from Sheboygan area to Flip City and wanted to bag some easily accessible, yet halfway decent courses in IL and IN around the way...what would be the ones to hit?

My recommendations, in order in which you'd pass them:

Grey Fox (in WI, but very close to the border)
Fairfield
Katherine Legge
*Highland, Trinity Links, West Park, Community Park, Round Barn, The Oaks
Lemon Lake courses
Ludington courses

*Out of your way by a bit, but it's the best pocket of courses in the Chicago area

Yeah those niners are a dime a dozen.

If you hit up Fairfield (Gold) in Illinois, and Roger's Lakewood in Indiana, that's pretty much my two TOP courses in their respective state! Or at least top 5.

Something like that. The more I think about it, the less I feel like burning time on IL 9 holers is a smart move. I'm mostly in it just to bag IL and IN and get to 10 states anyway.

I'd like to suggest Adler Park in Libertyville. Very easy access from 94. It is a better than average 9 holer compared to most around here...certainly better than cuniff and fink.

You can finish the round in 45 minutes, probably less if needed.

Finally broke 60 at squaw gold today.(58)....do I get a T-shirt or something?

Anybody have an update on the course record out there....I heard someone shot a 53…?

Finally broke 60 at squaw gold today.(58)....do I get a T-shirt or something?

Anybody have an update on the course record out there....I heard someone shot a 53…?

I know for sure Steven recorded a 56 & Brett shot a 57. IIRC, Brad got a 55 or 54 a few weeks ago.

Yep, both Seegert and Butler have shot 54s. Haven't heard of anything lower yet.

Has anyone shot better than a 49 (doubles) that Brian and Eck shot during that BYOP event last week?

Anybody on here played mediggo/Westwood in Morton? Thinking about playing that tourney on sat. I love northwoods, but have heard mixed opinions on Westwood...any thoughts?

Yep, both Seegert and Butler have shot 54s. Haven't heard of anything lower yet.

Has anyone shot better than a 49 (doubles) that Brian and Eck shot during that BYOP event last week?

Did that 49 include the stockade hole?

Anybody on here played mediggo/Westwood in Morton? Thinking about playing that tourney on sat. I love northwoods, but have heard mixed opinions on Westwood...any thoughts?

Just played it (Megiddo) for the first time the other day. GREAT course. Very reminiscent of Camden II in Milan, IL. If I had to describe it, I'd say CamII made love to ICC and had a huge, monster baby.

Just played it (Megiddo) for the first time the other day. GREAT course. Very reminiscent of Camden II in Milan, IL. If I had to describe it, I'd say CamII made love to ICC and had a huge, monster baby.

Are all 18 concrete pads in yet? And how's the rough? Does it have a raw look to it still, or has it been broken in a bit? Last time I was there was April or May, so I am interested to see what progress has been made.

All short pads are poured at Megiddo now. Had to wait on hole 3 till other construction was completed. 7 long pads are poured with more coming in the future. This is my busy time of year so I haven't had much time to get more bridges, stairs, and more lines done. Eventually there will be a few alternate basket placements, benches, permanent signs, retaining walls, a big kiosk, etc... There are some tight holes but it will open up as time goes on. Trying to get a work day Thursday night to get things a bit more ready for Saturdays tourney. 48 is course record from the shorts I believe. Baskets were put in last weekend of April so it's getting broke in.

Last edited:
I tried to bring it, but the "dominator" left me battered and bleeding. What a tough course from the longs when they combined 3 holes. i only lost 1 disc on hole 1 1st rd. damn wind.

Dominator layout is no joke. :)

RLW longs (the normal layout) is the first "real" course I played and is probably the main reason I love brutally punishing courses. :)

Latest posts