• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Illianasconsinigan members!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice one WCG!!!!

@Juke... we can still hang in the "who needs an Ace" club :D

Hey guys. I know some of you aren't too far away so I just want to extend the invite out to all of you to join us at the Ohio DGCR Meetup near Columbus, Ohio. Check out the thread for more information. Hopefully some of you guys can make it out.

Also:

Built in 2003, Jericho Lake's 18 holes measure 4,133 yards from the amateur tees and 5,399 yards from the pro tees. Each hole is 100 to 300 yards in length and features a concrete tee pad to launch and hip-high, pole mounted baskets with cages as the disc's ultimate destination.

Those are some crazy pro tees!!!

"Pole mounted baskets"?!?!?! :eek:

I wish MY local course had pole mounted baskets as an "ultimate destination" for my discs. :| :rolleyes:

OK so here's what my plan:
Sat AM, leave Detroit for:
Late Sat AM, Oshtemo,
Sat Aft: Meyers Broadway, will try to hit both here

Sun AM: Rogers Lakewood.
Sun Eve: Fox River - Grey

Mon: Lemon Lake:
Silver, Red, maybe more

Mon night back home sleeping like a dog.

1) Any suggestion for nearby campgrounds where one can shower?
2) Anyone care to meet up with me for part of this?
3) Anybody know of anything that makes this a bad plan this weekend?

Nothing's written in stone, but it seems like a decent itenerary.

Gotta hit some errands now, so I'll be off line, but will check in later tonight, when I get home. Either post or PM me with a phone # if you're so inclined.

Driving from RLW to Grey Fox really hurts your time to disc... perhaps you should play Grey Fox and some northern Illinois/southern Wisconsin courses on Sunday, and save RLW for Monday? Not sure how committed you are to re-visiting Lemon Lake.

And I guess it depends how much you want to play, but RLW, driving, and Grey Fox is almost a full day right there. Driving at night ftw!!!! :thmbup:

Doubles are gonna be monday at jericho playing the shorts and evens long =D at 11 ammmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Driving from RLW to Grey Fox really hurts your time to disc... perhaps you should play Grey Fox and some northern Illinois/southern Wisconsin courses on Sunday, and save RLW for Monday? Not sure how committed you are to re-visiting Lemon Lake.

And I guess it depends how much you want to play, but RLW, driving, and Grey Fox is almost a full day right there. Driving at night ftw!!!! :thmbup:
I thought about that, but unless someone wants to meet up with me to show me around some of the courses around Northern, IL/Southern WI, I'll just stick with the courses I printed maps for. I was just looking to pick up another state. Might be able to queze one more in Sun.

Not "dedicated" to playing Lemon again, but thought I'd play them one more time before reviewing them.

Yeah... on second thought there really isn't anything that great other than Grey Fox. The UW Parkside courses are OK, but the northern Illinois ones are nothing special. Lemon Lake has the drop for sure.

I'll hit you up if we figure out what we're doing and it works out. :thmbup:

OK so here's what my plan:
Sat AM, leave Detroit for:
Late Sat AM, Oshtemo,
Sat Aft: Meyers Broadway, will try to hit both here

Sun AM: Rogers Lakewood.
Sun Eve: Fox River - Grey

Mon: Lemon Lake:
Silver, Red, maybe more

Mon night back home sleeping like a dog.

1) Any suggestion for nearby campgrounds where one can shower?
2) Anyone care to meet up with me for part of this?
3) Anybody know of anything that makes this a bad plan this weekend?

Nothing's written in stone, but it seems like a decent itenerary.

Gotta hit some errands now, so I'll be off line, but will check in later tonight, when I get home. Either post or PM me with a phone # if you're so inclined.

U are gonna want to give yourself about 5-7hrs to play both courses at meyer broadway. Definitely have someone play with you to spot, the grass rough is krazy thick,takes a while to find ur disc and those courses are a hike. Its in great shape though. If u switch ur plans to sunday morning im gonna be there with a couple pros.

alright im leaving to Wisconsin in about six hours, im going to head straight to Zobel Park in Green Lake hoping to be there around 11. if i have time i may stop at Plamann for a round, so if anyone wants to meet up for a round let me know.

so i jsut traded an echo mako with a guy and I sent it inthe mail today. Hee just pmed me and said he doesnt have the discs that i want anymore. What should I do?

anyone gonna be in the naperville area today playing? im at rt 59 and i88, itching to play but have no car at the moment... if anyone wants to pick me up, i can pay for gas!

hit me up on here or 630 780 9989

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts