• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Illianasconsinigan members!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey I was wondering if anyone else here played the Madcity open last weekend, just curious to see if I ran into any other dgcr players. I played advanced and took fourth place, I had a great time.

Hey I was wondering if anyone else here played the Madcity open last weekend, just curious to see if I ran into any other dgcr players. I played advanced and took fourth place, I had a great time.

i was there, i dont know if you want to call my performance 'playing' or not though....lol. played INT, shoulda played advance if i was going to be stuck in par hell.

I hit up BRP/Hyland/Bryant Lake on my last visit there, so I double I'll hit them up again. MAYBE I'll hit up Hyland to refresh my memory of the course because I want to drive up for Hyland Thrillz on Sep 3rd and play that. If I do hit up Hyland on Sunday, I'll check out Plymouth Creek.

You could do a marathon of the 9 adn 12 holers in the area. they really are alot of fun. with the lack of traffic up there, you could realistically do all of these in a day. most of the courses are less than 5 min off major highways.

West side of Twin Cities
Plymouth Creek - a mini BRP imo
Basset Creek - not hard but fun
Sunnyside - just a real quick fun one
Wirth Par 3 - could be awesome, the park itself is awesome! theres alot of great places to put a course in there.

North Side
Lakewood - its had some holes added since i was last there but its a fun course.
Ham Lake - it was a 9 holer when i played, and a fun one at that. now its 18
Family of Christ - just a fun 9 holer, some challenge tho
Hansen - everyone should play on those old school baskets. course is somewhat fun

South Side
Alimagnet Lake - so under rated but it really is a blast to play. theres some super easy holes and some challenging ones. hole 12 is a brutal finisher.
Red Oak - looks fun. never got around to playing it before i moved tho

East Side
Garlough - just a real fun layout not challenging
Fort Snelling - Looks fun and i really like Steve West designs

These days there's ALWAYS someone up at fink; that course gets a lot of play. As for Cuniff, I am always trying to get 9 under there, I've been 8 under before and I'm always trying to beat it.

I like the idea of 3 to 4 at fink though, that would indeed be a sick hole. Hmm....

9 to 4 is even tougher ;) Very small and specific landing area to get a chance at a 3. Very easy to get caught up in the bunker bushes and score a lot higher than that. That's why I'm thinking it's more of a par 5.

Yeah, it does get crowded though. That's why I just go to Cunniff and practice there.

i was there, i dont know if you want to call my performance 'playing' or not though....lol. played INT, shoulda played advance if i was going to be stuck in par hell.

You could do a marathon of the 9 adn 12 holers in the area. they really are alot of fun. with the lack of traffic up there, you could realistically do all of these in a day. most of the courses are less than 5 min off major highways.

I'm not a big fan of doing what Brett does. It's too rushed. I like to relax when I play, and usually I like to play two rounds at each course - one is not enough. I'm also visiting a friend out there and we're going to play together, so I doubt he's going to want to do a marathon run on all the 9 and 12 hole courses in his area ;) I visit the area usually once a year so I'm sure over time I'll see all the good courses. I'm in no rush.

Oh yeah, 9 to 4, that's what I meant. Yikes.

Hi Guys!

I did a really quick skim here (sorry for not reading all 7405 posts) and saw alot of IL guys. Well, you can add me to your numbers. I'll be moving out to the Ottawa area this Sept, will be a little crazy for a while but I'll have discs.

Looks like the Joliet area will be my main place to play, about 40 mins from Ottawa and alot of courses. Would like to meet some of the local DGCR players and get into it.

Mannnnn you got to play with Mark and I. We live like 20-30mins away in a town called Sandwich. We can even come to that course in town there and play a round or two with ya:thmbup::thmbup::thmbup:

Mannnnn you got to play with Mark and I. We live like 20-30mins away in a town called Sandwich. We can even come to that course in town there and play a round or two with ya:thmbup::thmbup::thmbup:

Will do. I actually saw the course int town on a visit, but didn't play it. At least it's a start. I was checking out the course finder and there are a TON of courses in the Chicago area...shouldn't get bored.

I'll post back here when I get closer to getting out there. I'm supposed to start work Sept. 12. Still working the details of when I'll get there and what not.

Will do. I actually saw the course int town on a visit, but didn't play it. At least it's a start. I was checking out the course finder and there are a TON of courses in the Chicago area...shouldn't get bored.

I'll post back here when I get closer to getting out there. I'm supposed to start work Sept. 12. Still working the details of when I'll get there and what not.

Im Mark and yea there are PLENTY out here. But what line of work you in? Just wondering.

Yeah most people are jealous of our variety up here. Almost all different kinds of terrain to be found here and there.

Even better news is that Iowa isn't that far for ya, and the Quad Cities courses are sahweeeeeet.

It all makes sense... and didn't Morpheus say they didn't know what year it is??? The answer is 2113. :|

neo.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.