• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Illianasconsinigan members!

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, I have to figure out what I've got plans for this weekend. Just wondering who else is considering a meet-up next Saturday (Sunday?).

I'm always considering,

lets just talk location, preferably outside of Chicago though, I HATE city traffic

Channahan or West Park...

I've nvr been to Channahan so that'd be my 1st pick... luv me some West Park too.. but, I digress, I need to get closer to the weekend to be able to commit but let's just get some interest going and I'll prob go regardless

I actually know a route good route so we could play both in the same day,

believe it or not, they're closer than shorewood and highland,

I love Channahon, west park is ehh for me, but I'd be happy to play it just the same

what's the low down on the crowds at Channahan? As in, does it get lots of traffic and if so what part of day?

Looks like we could run a couple rounds at both time willing...

crowds get bigger at like 1-2 on saturdays at channahon, but if we're going to play both, I'd definitely play west park first, it gets wayyy more packed in the afternoon than channahon ever is

Channahon is a great course! My only beef with that course is the sunshine... A lot of the course is unshaded and it can get VERY hot out there. Obviously Im out next weekend (Highbridge!!!!) but the courses I think we should/could hit up for future "day trips" are Grey Fox Park, Rogers Lakewood Park, Lemon Lake Park, Eureka Lake DGC, or any other Peoria courses.. Just throwin those out there! I'm able to drive/ carpool as well. I'm diggin this weekly DGCR meet up/play deal! A lot of fun!!

I might also be traveling somewhere crazy (not Highbridge crazy) for this upcoming weekend... so I won't offer any input.

That said, I had a blast on Saturday, am definitely ready to play with you guys again. :thmbup: I will be watching this thread in case I stick around for Labor Day.

Has anyone played that Olympia Fields course? Any input on that one?

I actually know a route good route so we could play both in the same day,

believe it or not, they're closer than shorewood and highland,

I love Channahon, west park is ehh for me, but I'd be happy to play it just the same

I would be down for something like this. I had a great time with you guys Saturday, so naturally I would like to join again. Channahon is on my wish list, we should definitly play that one soon. Plus, since those two courses are close by I-80 it's going to be much easier for me to get there, as opposed to Oswego.

Thanks again for the disc ArcheType!

Has anyone played that Olympia Fields course? Any input on that one?

Yeah, I played it once. I wouldn't really recommend it. The map did not match up with the actual holes, and it was hard to follow. One of the holes plays right next to a soccer field, and there was a game going on when I was there. There was a lot of non-dg activity around. I had two kids riding their bike through our fairway for a couple of minutes (there's a playground on site). The baskets were old and falling apart, the tee signs were gone on most holes, tee pads were in bad shape or missing. This course just didn't do it for me.

So I figured I'd do a head check and see who all, if anyone, is still up for this west park - community park meet up this saturday, and what's the best tee time for all those involved, or we can just fall back to the 9am tee off like usual, it works well.

Yeah, I played it once. I wouldn't really recommend it.

Glad I asked! I'm sure I will check it out one day, but that just dropped it down the list.

Archetype - I am probably going to sit this weekend out as well. Thinking of doing an overnighter to Peoria or something along those lines. Maybe even Centralia if I feel ambitious. I want to take advantage of the extra day to hit up a boatload of new/awesome courses. :clap:

I'm still in. Just got the go ahead from the significant other.

Am I the only one?

i also wont be able to make it out this weekend. im goin the north coast fest to see umphrey.s mcgee!!!

You dang Hippie!!! I've seen em' once or twice..:) Have fun! Since I'm out this weekend. I'm gonna throw 3 votes out for the next weekend(Saturday the 11th). Grey Fox? Rogers Lakewood park? Lemon lake? anybody with me?!?!?:\

It seems like its just you and me this weekend Noill,

WCG, I'd like to check out those courses, but all the money I can scrounge up is going towards Flip

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts