• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

inbounds Disc Golf Flight Chart Updates

Find out what this all means tomorrow...

1014044_615270751879530_1833804158_n.png

Any idea when the 2014 book will come out and will it contain the Matirx view will be incorporated or the new disc algorithm?

We're targeting late spring/early summer for the 2014 inFlight Guide books. It will definitely include the new algorithm for distance & stability. We're still experimenting with how to include an inFlight Matrix view. The limitations on the page size/display make having a full-blown chart somewhat difficult, but there will be some type of Matrix visualization for each disc.

If there is anything you (or anyone else) would like to see, please don't be shy. We thrive on all types feedback as we believe that it lets us know what we're doing well and gives us an opportunity to improve on the things that might need to work better.

inbounds Disc Golf Contact Information

Innova Tern

Hello. Since the Star and Champion Terns have distinctly different flight patterns/numbers, are you going to consider listing them separately? Thanks and keep up the great work!

Hello. Since the Star and Champion Terns have distinctly different flight patterns/numbers, are you going to consider listing them separately? Thanks and keep up the great work!

Thanks for the feedback. In cases like this we will usually average the flight ratings across plastics (which, with a few exceptions, is usually supplied just by the manufacturer) and those values get averaged in with the rest of our data sources. Specific to the differences in plastics, this should help to provide some insight into the impact of those different materials on the flight of a disc:

http://www.inboundsdiscgolf.com/content/?page_id=573#Plastic

Thanks for the feedback. In cases like this we will usually average the flight ratings across plastics (which, with a few exceptions, is usually supplied just by the manufacturer) and those values get averaged in with the rest of our data sources. Specific to the differences in plastics, this should help to provide some insight into the impact of those different materials on the flight of a disc:

http://www.inboundsdiscgolf.com/content/?page_id=573#Plastic

Thanks for the reply. I understand that this is your norm. The reason I asked about the Tern specifically is because Innova even advertises that they have different flights, beyond the normal differences in different plastics. I don't think that they normally "advertise" these differences and they just mention that one plastic tends to me or or less stable than another, etc.

For the Tern, though, they advertise Champion as 12/6/-2/2 and Star as 12/6/-4/2. It almost seems as if we're talking about different molds with that much difference in HSS.

Thanks again for all of the work that you do!

Last edited:
Thanks for the reply. I understand that this is your norm. The reason I asked about the Tern specifically is because Innova even advertises that they have different flights, beyond the normal differences in different plastics. I don't think that they normally "advertise" these differences and they just mention that one plastic tends to me or or less stable than another, etc.

For the Tern, though, they advertise Champion as 12/6/-2/2 and Star as 12/6/-4/2. It almost seems as if we're talking about different molds with that much difference in HSS.

Thanks again for all of the work that you do!

We have plans to make it easier differentiate between the different versions at some point in the future and we'll be sure to let you know as soon as it's ready :)

I just wanted to give it up to you guys at Inbounds. Being able to do side by side comparisons so easily has been a lot of fun to play around with. And alphabetizing it, brilliant. I find your ratings to be the most accurate. A matrix in a certain online retailer's pamphlet had me doubting if a trustworthy "Universal Disc Golf Flight Guide" was out there.

I feel the high speed and low speed percentages are much easier to comprehend. I also enjoy how the net value gives me a better idea of how far each discs will fade from/to center. I averaged the listed distances to my personal ones, and it seemed like all my distances fell between 85%-90% of what you have listed. Now I just multiply your distance by 0.87 to estimate how far a disc will go for me.

I'm most impressed. Thank you! And also a sarcastic thanks a lot for convincing me to buy so many discs. Haha

Discplosion of new additions to the inFlight Guide!

Trilogy Additions:
Dynamic Discs Thief
Latitude 64 Scythe
http://www.inboundsdiscgolf.com/content/?page_id=431&id=LR192837O31072492220129777921OO

Axiom/MVP:
Axiom Crave
MVP Inertia
http://www.inboundsdiscgolf.com/content/?page_id=431&id=LR192837O31831034227781777921OO

Yikun & some throwback ratings from Discraft and Ching:
Yikun Gui
Discraft Marauder
Ching Bomb
http://www.inboundsdiscgolf.com/content/?page_id=431&id=LR192837O975654880260982247547O

Two more bombers added to the inFlight Guide!

Initial flight charts added for the following:

Two more bombers added to the inFlight Guide!

Dynamic Discs Enforcer - Overstable Distance Driver
Innova Discs Daedalus - Understable Distance Driver

http://www.inboundsdiscgolf.com/content/?page_id=431&id=LR192837O01250061331828777921OO

The most complete, comprehensive, and easy-to-use disc golf flight chart available! No other flight resource has anywhere close to the number of discs as the Inbounds Disc Golf inFlight Guide!

Hey, there. I have a question about the site. I'm not sure if this option already exists or of it's something that you would even consider adding.

Once you've selected 4 discs to view, side by side, is there an easy way to rearrange the order of the discs? I know that you can change each disc manually, but was looking for a simpler function.

I think that it's mapquest where once you pick your destinations, you can just drag and drop them to change the order. That's the kind of thing that I'm thinking of.

Thanks in advance. Jim

Hey, there. I have a question about the site. I'm not sure if this option already exists or of it's something that you would even consider adding.

Once you've selected 4 discs to view, side by side, is there an easy way to rearrange the order of the discs? I know that you can change each disc manually, but was looking for a simpler function.

I think that it's mapquest where once you pick your destinations, you can just drag and drop them to change the order. That's the kind of thing that I'm thinking of.

Thanks in advance. Jim

We're a fan of this idea Jim. We'll add it to our list and hopefully we'll be able to implement this at some point in the future. Thanks for the continued suggestions & feedback!

Latest posts