• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Inexpensive Teebox Ideas [HELP]

That was my point. All tees need maintenance and too many people take the quick way out on installation and don't do the required maintenance. I was just pointing out that applies to any material, but it's especially true of things like brick and rubber where the surface underneath shifting leaves poor footing.

Werd!

To do pavers the right way there needs to be concrete underneath with a concrete border around the pavers. They put an inch of compacted sand between the pavers and concrete and between the pavers. It's way more expensive than regular concrete tee pads if its done the correct way.

I would think flex base, infield dirt, or decomposed granite would all be better than pavers. Idk how much money you would save in the long run though because maintenance would be more costly.

Last edited:
I always felt like for a short, private course stone/pebble tees were always a good idea. It's a lot less difficult to install than concrete, and all you'd have to to is come rake them once in a while.

Inevitably, you'll have to make barriers, but as was mentioned you could do that with logs. I just feel like rubber mats will make you slip when wet, and concrete is just too tricky to install properly/cheaply.

If you just wanted natural teepads, I don't think anyone would object to that. Just level them and remove roots, and that's good enough for me. Even could get away with doing that and laying down some sand or something.

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Enviroti...-Profile-Gray-Black-Paver-MT5000745/203041844

qty 6 x $14 = $84 per tee.

Proper install to prevent unleveling would be the key.

So, you're either going to have a 2' by 12' teepad, or a 4' by 6' teepad. Either way, that wouldn't work. You'd need at least 10 to get an acceptable 4' by 10' size. Then you're talking $140 a tee, which works to be $2520 for a full course. Like I said previously, I've played some nice paver pads, but the cost is definitely up there.

Just poured 22 tee pads concrete 4 x 10 with enough concrete left over to pour a sidewalk through a muddy low area and erosion control around some of the teepads for $1800. Wood framing material was paid for but usually I get most of it free. Half were direct pours. Even on a private course, if you had 5-6 friends with wheelbarrows you could have the pour done in 3 hours. The only problem is they are permanent, they can be moved but not easily. Gravel or paver pads you can move, but are way more work and potentially more cost. Moving gravel around a private course is not easy.