• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Innova Power Disc

Still wish they were a bit flatter.

Yeah I wish the champs were flatter as well. I have one pop top champ, one slightly flatter champ, and one slightly flatter than that star. Pop top is the most OS for me by far. The star is actually pretty straight for me at around 340-350. I could see big arms liking the champs right out of the box, but they're just too stiff and OS for me. Gonna beat the star in though.

Threw my star power discs today. It was only a few throws, but it was not what I was expecting. I read everyone's posts saying that they were not very overstable, but damn, these things are not very overstable. My last throw I put a little bit of anny on it and it never even fought out of it, just held the anny all the way to the ground. I will have to give them a few more throws but I think I might just be sticking with thunderbirds.

Are the champs flying pretty beefy overall? Sounds like they'd be a good compliment to the straighter stars. Are they getting about the same distance? The stars I've thrown have been getting great distance.

They had some Star 165-169 yesterday on the pro shop. Not sure how those will differ from the max weights. And yes the champs I have are very beefy.

They had some Star 165-169 yesterday on the pro shop. Not sure how those will differ from the max weights. And yes the champs I have are very beefy.

Are they firebird beefy or do they still get some good distance?

The pink champ I have is crazy beef! My champ firebird has been in the bag a few years but this baby is about the same. It's a disc that u throw normally and it wants to get to the ground so fast it makes u laugh. My pro level friend was actually able to get it to bomb straight for a long ways with a very healthy fade. So under/around 400 ft distance it will be a beefcake. Consistently over 400 distance straight to fade flight but still plenty o beef.

I would say they are perfect for the overstable PD slot, as someone who has owned a couple dozen and been throwing them since the "Teebird that farts rainbows" days.

I'd really like a stack of color glows.

That would be nice. I've got a seasoned Dark Maul 1, and a fresh color glow PD in the bag right now, with a couple backups, but I wouldn't say no to a few more that won't cost an arm and a leg.

Wonder if one of the pros will make this a tour series disc 🤔

Have been throwing a champion, and it isn't as overstable as others have said. Just a bit more overstable than the pretty straight stars.

Had the chance to compare them yet? Would be nice to hear more about these

I have a blue champ and pink Star. Both are less overstable than the Thunderbirds I've thrown (Champ, swirly Star and Halo). In particular I think they have more high speed turn, still a reliable fade at the end. I'm not sure if they'll stick in my bag, they fly nice but my overstable fairway slot is pretty crowded at the moment.

I have a blue champ and pink Star. Both are less overstable than the Thunderbirds I've thrown (Champ, swirly Star and Halo). In particular I think they have more high speed turn, still a reliable fade at the end. I'm not sure if they'll stick in my bag, they fly nice but my overstable fairway slot is pretty crowded at the moment.

Hmmm..Interesting. I remember my old C-line and S-Line PD's being rather stable. Guess I'll just get one in CH and see for myself. Thanks for sharing!

Casey White teasing the new Discmania PD https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EOvsOrbuS68&ab_channel=CaseyWhiteDiscGolf

These seem to be a bit under the rock at least in Europe. Wondering if Innova will make a release of these like they kind of did with the Dark Rebel/Hawkeye. Did people manage to replace their older PD's with these?

I bought quite a few Power Discs and Fairway Discs in both Star and Champ, and prefer them to the new DM molds.

Latest posts