• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Innova Vulcan approved

one of my cfrs is like a -5.5
easily the flippiest disc i have ever thrown

Surprisingly my 175 Glow Champ doesnt seem terribly flippy at all. It flips but is very controllable. For a speed 13 though it feels like it flies very slowly but with a ton of glide.

Sounds just about right for what Ive been doing with it.

it seems that you've thrown the boss and katana quite a bit. do you find the boss to be more predictable?

i had a pro katana and a champ katana. sometimes the pro would flip sometimes it would not. the champ was more predictable. i never got the distance out of the katana i got with the boss though. probably thrower error...

yep...heavier ones aren't as bad and the glows seem to be best of the bunch.
I have a whole assortment of weights and the heavier ones are sweet...for now

But compared to = weight Katana, the Vulcan is WAY flippier

I just saw DTW will have the Star Vulcan on shelves Tuesday January 11. Noticed it is up on the Innova site as well.

yep...heavier ones aren't as bad and the glows seem to be best of the bunch.
I have a whole assortment of weights and the heavier ones are sweet...for now

But compared to = weight Katana, the Vulcan is WAY flippier
Is it predictable flippy at least? How's the low speed turn?

My local shop got them in.

Is it predictable flippy at least? How's the low speed turn?

My local shop got them in.

Get a heavier one and it should be fine unless you are Hercules...in which case you prolly wouldn't even be considering a Vulcan....
Plus...the last batch of star Katanas were pretty overstable, so maybe these Star Vulcs are similar?

Ease of throwing seems like a tricky thing to measure. I can now fully grasp, however, why this is marketed as a speed 13 for those without a big arm. One very noticeable difference between this and other speed 13s is the depth of the rim. It seems fairly shallow, making it more accessible to people with smaller hands. I think I fairly could call it the easiest to throw. It would be the least consistent of all 4 discs for someone throwing a comparable distance to mine in my opinion. If I were to rate ease of throw from toughest to easiest from those standpoints it may go like this.

Boss
Katana
Orc
Vulcan.

Sometime in the next couple days Ill be playing with my friend who has the 158 vulcan. Ill also have him throw mine. He just recently started getting close to 300' and occasionally a tiny bit more. That should give me a good idea of where it stands for comparable players. (For him a new Star Katana is somewhat of a meathook)

How did your friend do throwing the 158g vulcan ? I'm getting one soon and my arm power is about the same as his, do you think 158g is too light for 300' power ? I like light disc but dont want to waste money on a roller.

I have 3 1st run stars max weight and 3 glows max weight. Waiting for weather to dry up so I can test them out. I'm hoping it will fly like my 8-10 month beat star katanas out of the box.

Has anyone tried the Vulcan by INNOVA yet?

Just wondering if anybody has had a chance to try out the Vulcan. I hear it is going to be similar to the Katana, and I really like the Katana. Just wondering if I should order it before trying it.

Thanks!

you should probably just buy it since it is a brand new high speed driver from innova........

I'm waiting to hear too, but I'll be testing my new one tomorrow. I just have to go to the store and get it... Red 162 Star Stamp.

I want to hear about the new Star ones... I've already throw 2 different champs.