• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Innova Wedge

I really like my 175 Ape but it is green and hard to find. I have decided to replace it with a 150g DX leopard that my dog chewed on. They fly about the same, especially for 350' spikehyzer sidearms.

I really like my 175 Ape but it is green and hard to find. I have decided to replace it with a 150g DX leopard that my dog chewed on. They fly about the same, especially for 350' spikehyzer sidearms.

:thmbup:

Would a Star Wedge be close to a shorter Meteor? I suck at forehand, and have several holes where a RHBH left to right shot is needed. For me to get a Meteor to turn that way, I have to throw it somewhat fast meaning lots of over shots.

Would a Star Wedge be close to a shorter Meteor? I suck at forehand, and have several holes where a RHBH left to right shot is needed. For me to get a Meteor to turn that way, I have to throw it somewhat fast meaning lots of over shots.

Yes. However, the Wedge doesn't feel a lot like a Meteor in the hand (at least to me).

You might love the wedge for this actually. Its very skeeter-esk but different profile and the meteor is definitely the faster brother to both innova like discs and more similar to a mako.

Awesome. That's damn near sig-worthy.

At 200 feet compare Wedge and XD. Thinking about picking one up for an 8 y/o.

Guessing the Wedge is a bit more under stable?

Everyone throws differently and discs have variation, but this is the first discussion of the Wedge that compares it favorably to a stable disc. I have used Star and DX versions and consider both pretty flippy with more than 100' power on them. My kids dig it though.

At 200 feet compare Wedge and XD. Thinking about picking one up for an 8 y/o.

Guessing the Wedge is a bit more under stable?

I have no experience with the XD but I think a Star Wedge would be excellent at 200 and under for an 8 y/o. I use mine for exactly what PMantle is describing. It is quite understable but has a pretty pronounced fade at very low speed. I like that I can throw a very aggressive high anny line to get around trees on approach and it still lands flat to avoid those nasty roll aways. DX seems to fly about the same as Star except not quite as much low speed fade FWIW.

I would guess for a youngster with decent snap it would turn some, then come back nicely.

here in the northwest i play alot of wooded courses. having a disc that will hold a low anny line at 100' power is veryy handy.

I carry a star wedge as my shorter turnover driver and approaches.

I found the dx to have more glide, and would buy one over star today if I was shopping.

Btw, its my 8 yr old daughters favorite

Anyone throw a GStar Wedge? I throw a Star for a couple specific shots on my home course -- short gentle turning shots. Takes very little effort to get it to turn. I'm curious with the cold weather coming if the GStar flies similarly.

I tried one for a while but couldn't get the G* Wedge to hold a turn reliably, or perform as severe a turn as I could do with DX. I stuck with it for a while hoping it would beat in some, but finally just went back to my DX Wedge for those short turning shots.

I play max weight firm star wedges. I always keep one in the bag. For my arm speed I consider my wedge to be pretty neutral. Once again I'm one of those people that plays heavily wooded courses most often so I use it for "tech" type shots. I do like how it will fade out of a gentle anny to flex around big trees and drop down softly. Or with a bit more power it can hold that anny all the way through. I haven't got a chance to throw the g* wedges mostly cuz I haven't seen them in my local shops yet ;)

I play max weight firm star wedges. I always keep one in the bag. For my arm speed I consider my wedge to be pretty neutral. Once again I'm one of those people that plays heavily wooded courses most often so I use it for "tech" type shots. I do like how it will fade out of a gentle anny to flex around big trees and drop down softly. Or with a bit more power it can hold that anny all the way through. I haven't got a chance to throw the g* wedges mostly cuz I haven't seen them in my local shops yet ;)
Same here, max weight firm star. Huge fan, odd that it's an Innova disc that you don't hear much about. Super reliable for those 75'-150' approaches that need to go right. I love throwing it from a standstill slight anny release with a nice wrist snap and watching it glide left to right. I'm not going to mess around with any other plastics; the star is perfect imo.

The Wedge has crazy good glide. Its one step better than an XD. I always bag both.
Wedge is best if you have a low tunnel shot that requires a constant elevation from start to finish.
Still throwing a gummy stoner Proto ( stamp is nowhere near the center of the disc, like the guy that pressed it was a little sideways at the time :\ )

Latest posts