• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

(insert pro disc golfer's name) leaving (insert established disc golf company name)

Status
Not open for further replies.
i had fun drifting this thread off topic a few days ago. It lasted several pages before it kinda got back on topic!! :hfive:

BHMO is not an NT this year. Whiskey Tango Foxtrot?

I'm not surprised. The TD from last year, Paul Jay, was a total jerk when I asked him to update his PDGA result listings several days after it occurred. Heck even C-tier tournaments updated their PDGA listings faster than this NT TD did.

I noticed that too. Also Innova and Discraft haven't changed their team pages yet.

i dont think theyve changed them in a couple years. heck the pro bags dont even list any discs made in the last 4-5 years. I find it amusing and it kind of shows how much they value what the pros bring to them. Discraft isn't nearly as bad as Innova and at least they have Pro Review of discs.

i dont think theyve changed them in a couple years. heck the pro bags dont even list any discs made in the last 4-5 years. I find it amusing and it kind of shows how much they value what the pros bring to them. Discraft isn't nearly as bad as Innova and at least they have Pro Review of discs.

A lot of it depends if the players send in the update stuff in the survey we do every year. Some stuff just doesn't move much or seems to get lost in translation between people. Hopefully this year we can get everything right on the pages again

Well... I can't really see why any Innova players would have things in their bag made within the last 4 years when all of Innova's best models were made before that. And Discraft barely seems to release new discs (other than Ace Race protos)... I can't even think of what their last couple of releases are. It seems like they've had the same lineup the entire time I've been playing.

EDIT: Forgot Nuke SS and Nuke OS were released last year.

Last edited:
Is Phil Arthur, une to Paige Pierce one of the owners of Prodigy? Think I heard something like that and if so that totally makes sense to me. Also you better believe prodigy asks a few company's to make some of there discs. I wonder who or which ones said yes..

They are not and that's a fact.

Is Phil Arthur, une to Paige Pierce one of the owners of Prodigy? Think I heard something like that and if so that totally makes sense to me. Also you better believe prodigy asks a few company's to make some of there discs. I wonder who or which ones said yes..

Are you saying Legacy and Prodigy are in cahoots?

They are not and that's a fact.

Legacy has amazing plastic. Rico's have done a superb job! All the success in the future. The cannon and clutch are never leaving my bag! :) You've been a great contact also Lion! :thmbup:

I think that Prodigy if releases a new line are going to have trouble as it's such a watered down market. Look at how many disc makers there are out there now! Legacy set themselves apart, MVP seems to can Prodigy!?

I'm not surprised. The TD from last year, Paul Jay, was a total jerk when I asked him to update his PDGA result listings several days after it occurred. Heck even C-tier tournaments updated their PDGA listings faster than this NT TD did.

I do agree with this. I got into tournament disc golf because of the Hambrick because I wanted to support a cause that really has afflicted my life, but the TD didn't exactly seem welcoming. BHMO was my first tourney and always buy the discs but my friend from Columbus was right about them not being the most welcoming, standoffish and if wanted to give to lls.org to just donate to them direct. It is a fun event and put together amazingly well though!!

I do agree with this. I got into tournament disc golf because of the Hambrick because I wanted to support a cause that really has afflicted my life, but the TD didn't exactly seem welcoming. BHMO was my first tourney and always buy the discs but my friend from Columbus was right about them not being the most welcoming, standoffish and if wanted to give to lls.org to just donate to them direct. It is a fun event and put together amazingly well though!!

Wow, I am a bit surprised to hear this....I guess I can see how Paul can come off a bit standoffish or short. What I can tell you though, nothing could be farther from the truth. I am not trying to make excuses, but imagine the stress and lack of sleep that any TD goes through when running an NT/A like that. Paul is up at the course for weeks before the tournament getting things ready and at the course for days after the event tearing things down. Rob, I can tell you that Paul runs 4-5 tournaments a year that are either C or B tier and the scores are up by the end of the day or early that next day. Hosting 170ish people and having scores up that fast takes a bit more time....the day after the tournament he is up at the course breaking down the temporary course, moving baskets back to storage, tearing down banners, moving 20+ fly pads back to storarge, taking U-Haul back, having POD picked up, ETC.....I hope you get the point. There is a lot of stuff going on behind the scenes and I am sure the scores are not the only priority on the to do list. Hopefully you can cut TD's in general some slack. While we are at home resting, their work does not stop for days after the event.

Ripper, sorry to hear your comments too.....I can tell you Paul is one of the nicest, most giving people I have ever met. Again, during the BHMO I can tell you the lack of sleep starts to wear you down. Raising money for the LLS is one of the driving factors for this event. Paul is passionate about this and I can tell you he is already thinking about how to make next year better. Please come back and I hope Columbus can prove you wrong!

Back to the gossip! :D

Wow, I am a bit surprised to hear this....I guess I can see how Paul can come off a bit standoffish or short. What I can tell you though, nothing could be farther from the truth. I am not trying to make excuses, but imagine the stress and lack of sleep that any TD goes through when running an NT/A like that. Paul is up at the course for weeks before the tournament getting things ready and at the course for days after the event tearing things down. Rob, I can tell you that Paul runs 4-5 tournaments a year that are either C or B tier and the scores are up by the end of the day or early that next day. Hosting 170ish people and having scores up that fast takes a bit more time....the day after the tournament he is up at the course breaking down the temporary course, moving baskets back to storage, tearing down banners, moving 20+ fly pads back to storarge, taking U-Haul back, having POD picked up, ETC.....I hope you get the point. There is a lot of stuff going on behind the scenes and I am sure the scores are not the only priority on the to do list. Hopefully you can cut TD's in general some slack. While we are at home resting, their work does not stop for days after the event.

Ripper, sorry to hear your comments too.....I can tell you Paul is one of the nicest, most giving people I have ever met. Again, during the BHMO I can tell you the lack of sleep starts to wear you down. Raising money for the LLS is one of the driving factors for this event. Paul is passionate about this and I can tell you he is already thinking about how to make next year better. Please come back and I hope Columbus can prove you wrong!

Back to the gossip! :D

Brad I didn't mean anything negative actually directly. Looking back kind of a dumb comment on my part. My first Brent Hambrick expierance I was an under 800 rated player, and played it with a black pdga stalker and a challenger that my friend from Columbus gave me. Started playing the game in April and played that tourney in June or something. I was scared of my own shadow at that point. As a new person and first tourney Paul was a tad intimidating, but I love what that tournament stands for, and everything about it. I started collecting the stamps, and the courses fun as hell. It is the reason why I got into tournament disc golf, and try and support it as much I can.

Paul Jay is an upstanding awesome disc golf individual.
TD's can certainly be a little short during an event. Lot's of
stuff going on.

The Columbus Flyers are a model club with great folks.

Can't wait for the first of the year.

Almost 1000 posts and the troll finally arrives. Off to the landfill
for this thread I am sure of it.

I noticed that too. Also Innova and Discraft haven't changed their team pages yet.
Discraft's on Christmas break for 2 weeks, they usually don't delete people off of the team list instantly after they leave the team anyways. Not a big concern of theirs. As for DD, that's because a ton of people left since they can't have 2 disc sponsors and some of us haven't made a decision yet. As far as I know that's all that's going on. But who knows maybe there's more than just that going on.

A lot of it depends if the players send in the update stuff in the survey we do every year. Some stuff just doesn't move much or seems to get lost in translation between people. Hopefully this year we can get everything right on the pages again

Yea I slipped up this year and didn't send a survey in. With that said, I was more focused on school than DG.....just wish they would create a new way to rank the team that doesn't rely so heavily on PDGA points.

Hopefully you can cut TD's in general some slack. While we are at home resting, their work does not stop for days after the event.
^^^^^^This!^^^^^
The TDs are running these events for YOU, not themselves. They are doing YOU a favor, so treat them with some respect. I've seen many good players and TDs get fed up with the complaining and end up stop running tourneys or quit competitive.

Yea I slipped up this year and didn't send a survey in. With that said, I was more focused on school than DG.....just wish they would create a new way to rank the team that doesn't rely so heavily on PDGA points.
I agree with ya, (Matt?) You can play a ton of B-tiers and be 1020 rated and still be on the lower team just because you're not getting enough points. But in a way it does make sense, they do want players traveling and not just staying in their own state. So you get rewarded if you play an NT or Major. Look at me for example. I only played 12 tourneys this year, but have around 5000 points. I only played 1 major and 2 NTs. There needs to be some kind of happy medium.

PDGA Points are dumb. Rank by rating and A-teir and up title victories. That would make the most sense to me.
Do you only have one opportunity a year to send in an update?

I agree with ya, (Matt?) You can play a ton of B-tiers and be 1020 rated and still be on the lower team just because you're not getting enough points. But in a way it does make sense, they do want players traveling and not just staying in their own state. So you get rewarded if you play an NT or Major. Look at me for example. I only played 12 tourneys this year, but have around 5000 points. I only played 1 major and 2 NTs. There needs to be some kind of happy medium.

I can't stand the fact that the best way to bump up is play 10-12 A-tiers and nothing else.

I win 8 out of 17 events......and get a 4.0 in college.........but they don't care about that.

And Texas is a BIG state with about 3 tournaments a weekend during the season.

PDGA Points are dumb. Rank by rating and A-teir and up title victories. That would make the most sense to me.
Do you only have one opportunity a year to send in an update?

I agree with using a player's rating (which is already a part of the formula) and wins/money.

Rank wins differently based on tier......C=1, B=3, A=7, NT=10, M=15

Also we can send them in late but my bag didn't change enough for me to send it in later in the season.

Status
Not open for further replies.