• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Iron Arm Challenge

I'd probably throw my 170 Surge SS or 170 Pro Katana...except I lost my Katana on my first throw on the course. I had done some field practice with it, but had forgot just how understable it actually is and turned it over into Never Never Rough. But if you give that thing enough hyzer, it will go and go. I can get them both around 400' given a few tries, with the Katana slightly longer, yet much less controllable.

Last edited:
The hardest thing to learn in disc golf, is throwing a superlight driver well. It takes incredible timing and reflexes to throw these discs with any accuracy or consistency, but when you do, they go insanely far.
Mine is a 136 gram R Pro Boss, which keeps extending my distance, farther than anything I threw when I was half my age and in twice as good a shape.
Keep em comin' Dave.

Good call Captain, lighter discs glide farther. Having said that I'm pretty sure my max golf D was with a 167 star Valk. I've also gotten some great D with a 150 Flick and a 171 Champ Boss. I would place well in the ladies division. :doh:

If I get about 10 throws, I'll try to get lucky with my 175g Star Valkyrie. If I don't get lots of tries to get lucky, I'll throw my 175g Star Katana.

My longest measured (laser ranger finder) throw was 486' with a 170 gram Pro Destroyer. That was about 6 months ago. I fairly certain I can beat that with the help I've been getting from Ulibarri.

dx 141 cheetah , now if only it wasnt that perfect shade of green...

Longest throw for me is with 169 Star Destroyer 330'+, however I'd throw a 172g 1st Run ESP Force it's more predictable for me especially on an open windy course.

175 star BOSS

boss_star.jpg

I do everything with this disc except make sweet love to it.

I get my most golf distance from max weight Champ Katanas 400-420. But for maximum distance Id probably throw a 167 Katana or Nuke and see what happens.

I get my most golf distance from max weight Champ Katanas 400-420. But for maximum distance Id probably throw a 167 Katana or Nuke and see what happens.

Whats up with the Katana? Are you hyzer flipping them? Are they too stable for that?