• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

It's really a matter of respect

Yeah, the guys I play with often run for aces because it can make more financial sense, especially if we aren't playing for money. How about saying ace runs deserve respect for the skill (or luck) required but not necessarily the strategy of consistently winning?

And also, they get either 1 or 5 from me, depending on whether or not they were in the 1-5 club, and regardless of if there is already an ace pool. And money is just as good as respect.

See I knew we were on the same page.

One of my aces was off the skip and I threw it purposely that way. It is often the best way to get the disc to the hole without going way past. I don't see it any differently from any other ace.

His shot hit the chains, but didn't stay in the basket. The OP was wanting to know if his shot had stayed in the basket, would it count as an ace since it skipped first.

The answer would be yes. The number of throws it takes to hole out determines your score. One throw would be a hole in one, or "ace".

I didn't remember what the original post had said, and tried to edit my post accordingly, but it wouldn't allow it because i tried too quickly i guess. My whole point was if this was to actually occur, we all know its a Respectable Ace. And this guy is an idiot douchebag