• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Jump putting rules?

mambrose

Double Eagle Member
someone told me you cant fall over your disc, but, is that within 10ft, or at all? i jump putt alot outside of probally 12ft or so. any help would be great!

You can't jump putt inside the circle. i think its 10 yards or something. When you putt, you must maintain balance on BOTH feet before crossing your disc or you will be called for foot fault this year and have to take a stroke. I believe you can do whatever you want outside of the circle so long as you don't pass your mark before you throw.

You can't jump putt inside the circle. i think its 10 yards or something. When you putt, you must maintain balance on BOTH feet before crossing your disc or you will be called for foot fault this year and have to take a stroke. I believe you can do whatever you want outside of the circle so long as you don't pass your mark before you throw.

uhh-oh, i might jump at the basket while i throw

do you staddle putt? if you have one foot in-front of the other, you can just learn to balance on one foot when your throwing your momentum forward. I push putt and start on both feet and ending with one arm and leg extended opposite directions.

do you staddle putt? if you have one foot in-front of the other, you can just learn to balance on one foot when your throwing your momentum forward. I push putt and start on both feet and ending with one arm and leg extended opposite directions.

i strattle put, a nd jump for longer distances, ill try 2 stay behind my disc from now on Oo

803.04 Stance, Subsequent to Teeing Off
A. When the disc is released, a player must:
(1) Have at least one supporting point that is in contact with the playing surface on the line of play and within 30 centimeters directly behind the marker disc (except as specified in 803.04 E);
and,
(2) have no supporting point contact with the marker disc or any object closer to the hole than the rear edge of the marker disc;
and,
(3) have all of his or her supporting points in-bounds.

B. Stepping past the marker disc is permitted after the disc is released, except when putting within 10 meters.

C. Any throw from within 10 meters or less, as measured from the rear of the marker disc to the base of the hole, is considered a putt. A follow-through after a putt that causes the thrower to make any supporting point contact closer to the hole than the rear edge of the marker disc constitutes a falling putt and is considered a stance violation. The player must demonstrate full control of balance before advancing toward the hole.

As long as you release the disc before you touch the ground, your good.:)

As the rule reads you cannot jump putt. You can fall forward following through, but you cannot jump then putt. You must still have your foot on the ground.

Yes, as dispicable mentioned, it is 10 meters, which is equivalent to 32' 9", or almost 33 feet:D.

Yes, as dispicable mentioned, it is 10 meters, which is equivalent to 32' 9", or almost 33 feet:D.

The official ruling that the PDGA uses in 32' 10" (I believe) as the designated equivalent to 10 meters.

As long as you release the disc before you touch the ground, your good.:)

Not true. You have to throw the disc before your foot leaves the ground.

10 meters = 32.808399 or 32' 9.7" feet but I really don't know what that has to do with anything.

Last edited:
10 meters = 32.808399 or 32' 9.7" feet but I really don't know what that has to do with anything.

C. Any throw from within 10 meters or less, as measured from the rear of the marker disc to the base of the hole, is considered a putt. A follow-through after a putt that causes the thrower to make any supporting point contact closer to the hole than the rear edge of the marker disc constitutes a falling putt and is considered a stance violation. The player must demonstrate full control of balance before advancing toward the hole.

Its not a big difference, just a fact that I figured I'd point out. Here's their conversion table, copied from the rulebook.

Metric System English System
10 meters 32 feet 10 inches
5 meters 16 feet 5 inches
3 meters 9 feet 10 inches
2 meters 6 feet 6 inches
1 meter 3 feet 3 inches
30 centimeters 11 and 3/4 inches
15 centimeters 5 and 7/8 inches
7 centimeters 2 and 3/4 inches
3 centimeters 1.18 inches

So say I get the measurement from the rear of the disc and it is 32 feet 10 1/2 inches. Can I then place my mini, remove my disc, and jump putt from the mini?

Last edited:
So say I get the measurement from the rear of the disc and it is 32 feet 10 1/2 inches. Can I then place my mini, remove my disc, and jump putt from the mini?

I don't believe so. If you putt from behind whichever disc you threw before, you could fall past your marker. If you place a mini, then the measurement would be to the back of the mini, making it come in under 10 meters.

Somebody around here probably knows the interpretations of the rules in specific situations like this better than I do though.

I thought there was a rule about placing your foot up to 1 foot? behind your disc so I thought I might still be outside 10 meters and still be able to jump putt even though I used the mini.

You can stand behind the 10 meter line, but the measurement goes to the back of the marking disc, so I'd assume you have to stay behind the marker so...if you were standing 30 cm back you could fall 30 cm forward as long as you don't hit the marker? maybe?

Latest posts