• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Konipiste Open

I think the money pile would have to be really really tall for him to leave DM. Sure at the end of contract it will need to be renegotiated but I say never in midseason.

Have any pros ever had their contract bought out by another company? I think Kevin Jones was close to leaving Prodiscus this way. with the way Eagles recent performances, his age and his ever growing following - he would be my first target as a company looking to cash in. I.doubt our sport is there yet and DM takes great care of him. But what a year he's having!.

Everything I've seen is a year to year. No one is going to buy that out.

Eagle is showing where the sport is going in the next few years. Hard to believe he may end up making McSocki look average. :D

Knock knock
Who's there?
Seppo Paju
Seppo Paju who?
Europe's here baby!

Yeah, I know, Simon did that, as did other's before, but Seppo is showing both Simon's structure and KJ's maturity. I'm really hoping he tours the US next year. Would like to see him week in and week out for a season to see how it goes.

The players usually get bonuses based on their finish.
I'm sure that getting some of these big tourneys this year is allowing DM to pay him well.

Yeah, I know, Simon did that, as did other's before, but Seppo is showing both Simon's structure and KJ's maturity. I'm really hoping he tours the US next year.
He's actually been touring the US this year already, expect him to come back after European Champs in mid-August. He lives with his girlfriend in San Diego when he's over there :thmbup:

Metrix is apparently having trouble keeping up with traffic.

He's actually been touring the US this year already, expect him to come back after European Champs in mid-August. He lives with his girlfriend in San Diego when he's over there :thmbup:

Metrix is apparently having trouble keeping up with traffic.

So, you're saying getting an American girlfriend makes you kick arse? This puts a definite crimp in the getting a wife kills your game theory.

Everything I've seen is a year to year. No one is going to buy that out.

Eagle is showing where the sport is going in the next few years. Hard to believe he may end up making McSocki look average. :D

He signed a two year deal which is nice stability but im sure he's wishing he signed a one year deal given his season so far and the leverage he could have had for next year! Never pigeon hole yourself in a contract. (Not that I want eagle to leave DM as the brand suits him well).

Is there any FPO coverage?

There's supposed to be coverage of the final FPO round. But Spin has promised that before (FPO coverage at Aussie Open) and not delivered. Hopefully they follow through.

Still seems a bit off that a PDGA major wouldn't have requirements for equal coverage of both MPO and FPO. That seems to be the mandate this year at the NTs.

Have any pros ever had their contract bought out by another company? I think Kevin Jones was close to leaving Prodiscus this way. with the way Eagles recent performances, his age and his ever growing following - he would be my first target as a company looking to cash in. I.doubt our sport is there yet and DM takes great care of him. But what a year he's having!.

Not picking on DinosaurThunder, but to all of y'all talking about Eagle and Discmania:

Eagle *IS* Discmania right now. Him and Simon Lizotte. He ain't going anywhere. They will do what they need to do to keep him, and he knows DM is where he is Top Dog (Top Eagle, too). What else and who else do they have? Really? So I'll be shocked if he ever does change companies... it'd be like McBeth leaving Innova (aint't gonna happen)...

Really? Does she have some Finnish heritage or how does it work?

DM has Grady Shue and Nate Perkins for example. And a slew of up and coming hotshot youngins. We all know not all of them pan out but when they do (like Eagle) it can be pretty phenomenal.

Great tourney, seeing those guys crush was fun. You can tell that when any one of these guys is "on" they can just cruise to victory. Eagle put on a clinic this week, there is hardly anything you could fault him on. Very impressed with Seppo, I've seen him several times but he seems to be better than ever: great control and freakish distance, he can hang with anyone it seems...

Every round hole #1 left me shouting at the TV "McBeth forehand it!!". It especially looked like the wind was helping the backhand sail on him, so why he kept going OB backhand was a head-scratcher. I hope his injury is minor, as things are much more exciting when he is in the mix.