• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Leave No Man (Disc) Behind!

There's a bum who hangs around Cliff Stephens DGC (which has lots of water, and sometimes even alligators) who swims for discs. It's how he makes his "living." He'll retrieve a lost disc, but you have to pay him a few bucks to get it back. Otherwise he tries to sell them elsewhere.

I'd buy him a beer, but theres no way he's walking away with my disc.

Fortunately there's very little water on my usual courses. Just little creeks that are usually dry (and they've been high and dry as of late).

If I did lose one in deep nasty water, it'd be there for the next guy. And if someone found said nasty water disc and called me, I'd tell 'em, keep it you deserve it.

On the other hand, discs lost on the ground or up in trees.....leave no plastic behind. I'll let groups play through while I look. And I'll gladly help someone from another group look until theirs is found.

If it's one of my gotos I will search for hours and even come back later. If it's a mold that I cycle I'm more likely to let it go. Maybe somebody else will find it and get good use out of it.

i lost a proline leopard in the creek at HH and went back every day for a week until i found it... most of my discs i would simply leave for someone else to find though...

I left a disc out on the Battle Field of Hawk Hollow... She drowned and we were unable to recover her newly dyed body... :(... She was just a baby!

i went and looked for that one on hole 13 already today with no luck... which side of the bridge was it on-upstream or down?

Mayhap the quality of time counts more than quantity? Took about 5 minutes. Had I just walked a little more down the trail, it would have taken less- time and blood.

viperscratch.jpg

My first ongoing search for a disc involved the loss of my Star Destroyer in a lake. The next day after my lunch break I took the rest of the day off to go search for my disc. I put on a wetsuit, snorkel, fins, mask and found 5 discs including mine. After drying off I went to my local course and got my 2nd Ace with that destroyer, talk about Karma!

The last ongoing search for a disc was at a C-tier event at El Dorado Park in L.A. I lost my favorite Elite Z Surge in a small pond. After the round was over, I went back to the pond and after about 45 minutes with my friends all begging me to keep searching, and even the TD rolling by, I ended up pullling out over 25 discs, including my Surge! I had cuts all over my feet and legs from who knows what.

alternate meaning to Prerubed: -someone who searches in cold water to find your disc

i went and looked for that one on hole 13 already today with no luck... which side of the bridge was it on-upstream or down?

I'm 98% sure a squirrel grabbed it and took it over to the cows.

I would have thought it was just to the left of the bridge. It was a throw from the tee so I don't imagine it was able to float on the top and sink somewhere farther down unless it it the bank just before going in.

Last edited:
This is her :D.
304172_178564085554168_100002017328585_389381_1977693955_n.jpg

Prob. just have A. Peabody put the dye on something else for me :D.

lost a champ sidewinder on the darkside of the grange last weekend, got a call that it was found 20 minutes later... i love the dg community!

I lost my go to Star SL yesterday throwing field. I threw a roller and it just vanished. This is on a baseball field with a hege running all the way down the left side. It's probably buried in there somewhere but after covering 100' or so of bushes, my knees are all raw and somewhat cut up. I'll go back in a few days and look again.

Latest posts