• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Legacy] Legacy Discs 5th Release "The Ghost"

Pretty jealous you have a blue ghost. Are they still available?

i got this one when they were first released... sadly i havent found another .. yet lol .. but i havent put together a hardcore search..I love my Whites as well.. The Yellows i have do have a bit of dome to them.. much more then my other colors.. i have FLAT yellow but that was because it was left in my car during doubles last year lol

I have only fondled pinks (and one yellow), but I wouldn't describe any of them as slick. They were all pretty tacky, similar to the old black OG SSS Gateway plastic. There is a chalky feel.

^^ I knew i was leaving out a color.. need to find me some pinks :doh: .. My Blue has been in the bag for i dunno at least a good season maybe a bit longer and it feels oh so much like the old stiff 11x kc's its not funny

There are 3 blue gravity ghosts at gggt. I almost bought them on impulse. I just like to buy freaks.

They are faf and have a waaaay higher plh than any of the other ghosts in the shop be they pinnacle or icon or gravity or excel.

I used to cycle ghosts and I was like || that close to buying all 3, buying a regular gravity and an excel and calling it a day, starting another cycle and shelving the wasp and comet for a while.

We have another convert into the Legacy Ghosts...a buddy of mine saw me throw my Protege Ghost (white 180g) this weekend and his remark was this, "every time you reach for that white Ghost it always seems like you throw an amazing shot with it." So after our round was over he is now very interested in getting some Protege Ghosts of his own. He like so many of us before we switched to the Ghost is a Roc thrower. He now wants to trade me for some Protege Ghosts. Switching them one at a time. He also loved the Legend plastic of my Nemsis.

Dropped my Ghosts back in the bag this weekend. Probably going to stick with them for another couple weeks. The Gravity plastic just has so much grip now that it is really hot.

I know I'm not the only person who hasn't seen another run of Proteges. Anyone have an idea what's going on with these?

I have 3 gravity's, 1 protege, and 1 excel ghost. I've been mostly a champ roc3/mcpro roc3 guy, but I recently started to dive into ghosts after falling in love with the rival and patriot. I really like the flight this mold has to offer. Definitely more HSS than my mcproroc3's but not overly so. Still very workable. Gravity seems like it could easily replace my mcproroc3's. It goes straighter with extra carry instead of turning over as easily and definitely fights wind better as well. Hard to decide whether I like gravity or protege better.

I've been wondering. Have I been missing out on anything by not throwing an icon or pinnacle ghost? If so which one do you prefer throwing?

I had some trouble the last week when I was playing on a open course with 20-25 winds. It was strange because every tee pad was lined up with strong headwinds. I had been using my 180 yellow protege ghost for OS shots, but that day I had no confidence in my mids.

Due to heavy winds I ended up throwing my Z zones for shots btw 200 - 300 ft because they would go straight then dump. I honestly dont like throwing them that far (270+) because i have to crush them to fly and i normally dont use them for those shots.

Is there a ghost mold where I can rip flat into a headwind? I can compensate by throwing it with hyzer but I like to throw low and flat.

I had some trouble the last week when I was playing on a open course with 20-25 winds. It was strange because every tee pad was lined up with strong headwinds. I had been using my 180 yellow protege ghost for OS shots, but that day I had no confidence in my mids.

Due to heavy winds I ended up throwing my Z zones for shots btw 200 - 300 ft because they would go straight then dump. I honestly dont like throwing them that far (270+) because i have to crush them to fly and i normally dont use them for those shots.

Is there a ghost mold where I can rip flat into a headwind? I can compensate by throwing it with hyzer but I like to throw low and flat.

Throwing into a headwind with even OS large diameter mids is not easy. Even the most OS Ghost probably will flip in those conditions. Throwing something like a Zone or discing up to an OS fairway would be a better choice.

Soooooooo

What's the stability like on the protege ghosts?

Vs gravity and also kc pro roc?

Protege ghosts are nice workhorse mids - stable with healthy fade out of the box and they beat in nicely over time. They have a very similar flight to a roc, with ghosts being ever so slightly less HSS. Rocs are a little easier to control into a strong headwind, in my experience.

I could (and did) switch between rocs and ghosts without missing a beat. I think the main difference for me was the grip. Protege ghosts have a bit more dome than your average kc pro roc and the rim feels a little different, but I prefer it. Shoot me a PM if you want to test one out. I'm sure I have one lying around that I would be happy to send your way for some testing.

Unfortunately, I don't have any experience with gravity ghosts. I will have to let someone else answer that for you.

I only have experience with protege ghosts, and I have always preferred to compare them to comets rather than rocs - a slightly overstable comet.

I got my hands on the Icon Ghosts last year (yes, I was a Roc thrower at the time. Roc3s that is), expecting to really like them. I didnt actually buy any of them because I hated the feel of them. When I say I hated them, I mean I picked it up and gripped and said "ugh, this is terrible" and put it right back on the shelf and havent thought about a Ghost until last weekend when I grabbed a Protege and Pinnacle just to feel the plastic to see if its something I'd like. I dont know what the difference in the disc, or my hand is, but I really liked the feel of them. Didnt love them, but like them enough to now consider picking up a few. Are they all really domey though? Seems like most of them had quite good size dome, and a few had a smaller but noticeable dome, all more than any Roc I've seen. Do flat Ghosts not exist?

I got my hands on the Icon Ghosts last year (yes, I was a Roc thrower at the time. Roc3s that is), expecting to really like them. I didnt actually buy any of them because I hated the feel of them. When I say I hated them, I mean I picked it up and gripped and said "ugh, this is terrible" and put it right back on the shelf and havent thought about a Ghost until last weekend when I grabbed a Protege and Pinnacle just to feel the plastic to see if its something I'd like. I dont know what the difference in the disc, or my hand is, but I really liked the feel of them. Didnt love them, but like them enough to now consider picking up a few. Are they all really domey though? Seems like most of them had quite good size dome, and a few had a smaller but noticeable dome, all more than any Roc I've seen. Do flat Ghosts not exist?

All the proteges I've owned (~15 in various colors) have had some dome to them. I have read that gravity ghosts can be flatter, but I haven't held/seen one myself.

All the proteges I've owned (~15 in various colors) have had some dome to them. I have read that gravity ghosts can be flatter, but I haven't held/seen one myself.

I dont mind a little dome. But these that I've seen were too domey for my liking. I dont think I'll find any that are Claymore and Bard flat - my two current mids. Which is fine because Im really only testing Ghosts out of curiousity, unless I happen to love them more than what I throw now.

I dont mind a little dome. But these that I've seen were too domey for my liking. I dont think I'll find any that are Claymore and Bard flat - my two current mids. Which is fine because Im really only testing Ghosts out of curiousity, unless I happen to love them more than what I throw now.

Yeah, it is definitely just boils down to whether or not they feel right in your hand. The proteges I throw have a dome, but it is a pretty gradual one. Not a pop-top or anything crazy. Feels comfortable to me. I own a pinnacle and a legend that have less dome to them, but I still prefer the feel of the proteges.

Protege tends to be domier and more overstable. Gravity tends to be flat and less stable. I wouldn't consider any ghost particularly overstable though.

Well, i picked up an excel and icon ghost. Thoughts. Not much. Still feel great in the hand and still fliy well.

I think the roc has a slightly larger bead and the wing goes concave a little faster and cuts in a little harder. Peobably why it has more stability.

It's a toss-up though. I've seen a few freaky high plh ghosts that would probably be more like a buzz os. I'll have to keep comparing but for now the ghost haa it because every plastic they make in baseline is better than innova's equivalent.

One thing that every ghost has that I tried - a completely vertical inner rim. That's why I tried them initially, got tired of slanted rims in regular rocs. Went back to rocs though.

One thing that every ghost has that I tried - a completely vertical inner rim. That's why I tried them initially, got tired of slanted rims in regular rocs. Went back to rocs though.

Yeah, if you're someone who hates the newish "plus rims" aka slanted rims on new rocs then a ghost is what you're looking for.

Latest posts