• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Legacy] Legacy Discs 5th Release "The Ghost"

^^ you want Protege then buddy.. Protege feels like good old kc pro .. and yes i would agree i think out the box the Ghost is more like a San Marino or even Ontario roc.. doesnt have quite the fade a new rancho roc does .. I love Excel aswell but they tend to vary a bit on color.. i LOVE my Whites and Yellows.. the red and blues i have arent as grippy.. but i throw them hoping they beat in.. they cover my straight to flippy role

Yeah forgot about Protege. Probably will bag protege/gravity mainly, maybe with a premium one in there too. Definitely will try the Excel just for a flippy disc, but I have my comets to cover shots like that.

There are RDG stamped Ghosts?!?

Apparently there are. It's got a team RDG understamp, so probably limited availability? It's got squirtle and charmander on it, my son loved it :)

^^^ yeah i bagged the Comet with my Ghost cycle last season.. im using the Gauge again atm over my Comet.. (i know, i know lol ) but the Gauge is amazing.. its one of the most underrated molds on the market imho .. sneaky long and can do a bit of everything!

I'm assuming the metal flake fundraiser ghosts are the same as legend plastic right? Are legend ghosts generally the most overstable?

I've been saying that for over a year :|

you have.. crazy more people havent caught on yet :) ... I have been such a diehard Comet fan that it was hard to try and remove it from the bag even knowing how great the Gauge is but i eventually pulled the trigger and havent looked back.. i love them both but one had to win and the legacy plastic blends pushed it over the top for me ... if i had to choose only one disc to play a full round with it would be the Gauge

I'm assuming the metal flake fundraiser ghosts are the same as legend plastic right? Are legend ghosts generally the most overstable?

I believe those are pinnacle blends not legend but i could be wrong.. my gunmetal legend ghosts are really beefy but not sure on the other colors..

I bought a lot of 5 used ghosts that I got in today and took some of them out for throws. Got 1 excel, 1 gravity, 1 icon (star?) and 2 pinnacle (champ?)

Took the excel, grav, and icon with the new grav that I got last week. These are sweet flying discs. All of them. They are a bit straighter than new dx rocs while still being high speed stable. Makes for a bigger difference in distance than rocs, when compared to my comets. Makes my midrange lineup feel more complete and less overlap.

Gravity is in the bag for this season for sure. How do the icon compare to the champ in terms of flight path?

Last edited:
I bought a protege ghost this weekend, but it seems super slick. Is this typical for new-ish protege plastic? Is that why there hasn't been another run yet? I wouldn't have expected that from a 'kc pro' type run of plastic.

Also, my ghost lineup right now is 2 gravity (1 worn for turnovers, one new) 1 excel (pretty new) and 1 pinnacle. Might throw that protege I bought this weekend instead of the excel, but the gravity plastic is in the bag for sure because it feels nicer for grip. The icon just doesn't have the grip or different enough flight path to justify carrying it. The pinnacle has a very dependable fade without being glideless/too overstable.

what color is your protege? I have blue,yellow, and white .. only blue in the bag atm.. i dont recall mine being slick though.. maybe my blue was a bit at first

what color is your protege? I have blue,yellow, and white .. only blue in the bag atm.. i dont recall mine being slick though.. maybe my blue was a bit at first

it's white. maybe it just needs some speed dirt

I wouldn't describe my protege ghosts as "super slick" but the plastic certainly isn't "grippy" either. It's somewhere in between. It gets grippier with wear. It also does pretty well in wet conditions.

My yellow Protege ghosts were certainly slick; slicker than most premium plastic for sure. The slickness and the dome were too much for me and I had to take them out of the bag.

The grip on the proteges definitely improves with use

I'll throw it in the bag and see if it will work then. I was really hoping it would be more like the chalky kc pro stuff, but I really didn't have any idea what to expect really. Looking forward to another run of them though.

it's white. maybe it just needs some speed dirt

I've got a white one that was really slick. It seems to have improved now that the weather has gotten warmer. I was just using gravity ghosts instead during the winter, going to break this one in now that it's getting hot out.