• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Legacy] Legacy Discs 5th Release "The Ghost"

Took mine out in about 0-5 degrees celsius yesterday and played a round. Seeing as it is dinner plate stiff in those tempereatures I didn't throw it that much due to fear of breaking it. The purple one starts out real beefy but after a skip on some stones that chipped it a little and a few more tree hits it seemed to get the new knocked out of it. Threw it in the circle on a 104 meter (340') in a slight headwind. Slight flip, mini turn and a little fade.

I need to test it more in warmer weather but I think these will be great to cycle. I would still carry my Taurus or something overstable like that as a bookend though.

Has anyone thrown the Swirly Icon Ghosts? How stable are they vs. Pinnacle? Are they pop-tops? Pretty curious about these, because I like the look of them.

My experience with Pinnacle Ghosts is that they are almost Gators. Super overstanle and zero glide. The icons are a little more workable and floaty, but still less so than the Gravity or Protege. I haven't thrown the current run of swirly Icon, but I can't imagine that it will be much diferent.

Ghost

Decided to toss a Ghost around on the course today. First time I'd ever messed around with one of them.

Observations: Pinnacle, 180g.

At 180g this thing felt really heavy. Obviously a lot heavier than my 167g Roc3. The plastic is very bright and hard for pinnacle. Seems like nice plastic.

The disc is fairly tall for a mid. It has a deep rim and is one of the domiest mids I've ever seen. That combination seems to slow the flight down a bit. I felt like the Ghost was fairly clunky and slow. The Ghost feels weird in your hand and isn't an overly comfortable disc to grip.

Its beefy. The Ghost stays straight even if thrown hard. It fades out much sooner than a champion Roc3. Fairly substantial fade. Throwing the Ghost side by side with the Roc3 I felt like the Ghost was slower and beefier overall. It also didn't glide quite as well.

The Ghost is not a long range mid. I feel like it doesn't glide or penetrate very well, and it seems to fade out sharply and finish short. Once I figured that out I was able to throw the Ghost very accurately. Its a consistent flier and not a hard disc to learn.

I think I'd recommend this disc to fairly advanced players. Its too clunky and beefy for new players or weak arms. Despite all the negative things I've said about the Ghost, I actually ended up liking it. Its a very consistent, steerable mid that likes to be thrown hard. That said, its less glidey and shorter than the Roc3.

Ghost: 4, 4, 0, 3. Not much speed or glide, followed by a dumpy, abrupt fade. The Ghost needs to be thrown hard for it to shine. Great disc for hard, straight midrange drives that you want a strong left finish on. The Ghost is NOT prone to random flipping.

Last edited:
i suppose it's hard to talk much about discs that are so consistently good, yeah?

we can't bitch about "the old, good ghosts" yet. pretty nice, actually.

anyway, picked up a protege for 4.50$ "used" at GGGT. yoink. basically brand new. nice and overstable, just like my other one. love these things.

I've had the same Gravity Ghost in my main midrange slot for a few years now. It looks thrashed and warped but still flies nice and straight stable.

I really wish they would run the sparkle gravity ones again. I would love a more overstable Ghost without having to pay so much for baseline plastic.

Any icon ghost throwers out there? I have been cycling protege but with the cold season starting I'm looking for a more durable replacement. Just wondering if there are any color specific runs to keep an eye out for? Any word on the swirly icon ghosts?

Any icon ghost throwers out there? I have been cycling protege but with the cold season starting I'm looking for a more durable replacement. Just wondering if there are any color specific runs to keep an eye out for? Any word on the swirly icon ghosts?

I've got a few that I rotate in from time to time. All of mine are yellow or white, regular old production run Icons. I find that they all have a relatively consistent, smooth dome to them. Unlike Pinnacle Ghosts, that tend to have a flatter top.

Basically I would compare a Pinnacle Ghost to a Champion Roc3, and an Icon Ghost to an Ontario Roc. Every Icon I've thrown has been pretty straight and glidey.

I screwed up. I went to a store back in February after I hadn't been in a store for ages. They were picked over, but I had money in my pocket so I bought a Pinnacle Ghost. I already throw Rocs and Comets, I need another mid like I need another hole in my head. Damn fine disc, though. It has the worst flashing removal job I think I've ever seen on a golf disc, but it doesn't seem to bother the flight. Right now it's getting my OS Roc throws and my KC Pro Rocs are on the shelf.

I really could have gone my whole life without knowing this was an option, though. :| I already had mids.

I screwed up. I went to a store back in February after I hadn't been in a store for ages. They were picked over, but I had money in my pocket so I bought a Pinnacle Ghost. I already throw Rocs and Comets, I need another mid like I need another hole in my head. Damn fine disc, though. It has the worst flashing removal job I think I've ever seen on a golf disc, but it doesn't seem to bother the flight. Right now it's getting my OS Roc throws and my KC Pro Rocs are on the shelf.

I really could have gone my whole life without knowing this was an option, though. :| I already had mids.

Ghosts are pretty awesome. They were one of the first mids I threw for an extended period of time. Amazing for hard flex lines in the woods. I ended up eventually replacing mine with a Roc3 only because the Roc3 wouldn't turn over from my OAT forehand form at the time. I wish I didn't give mine away. :wall:

Scooped up this pair of first run pinnacles at a local shop. Forgot how nice these were! But also remembered why I preferred Roc3's and Wasps, the rim to plate on Ghosts is nearly perpindicular like Comets and older Rocs.
eb75bf1179a6db7e977be337daf900c8.jpg

Ghost questions

Picked up two ghosts on a whim today, a 178g flat/puddle top slime legend (8/10) and a 182g Icon (10/10) that resembles the Kingdome. The legend in particular feels amazing, probably mostly due to its profile but the plastic is drool-worthy. Feels like a stiffer flat GStar Roc3, which is awesome.

Haven't thrown them yet and might not have a chance for a bit.

How should I expect these to fly and beat in? I've seen Ghosts referred to as overstable, understable, and everything in between. Any experts familiar with these?

- 930 ranking, typically throw mids 275-325 on flat
- pics attached

Attachments

• 20221105_170304.jpg
    20221105_170304.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 28
  • 20221105_171725.jpg
    20221105_171725.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 25
Last edited:
In general, Ghosts fly like a Roc, only slightly less overstable. I would expect fairly neutral HSS with some LSS at the end.