• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Legacy] Legacy Discs 5th Release "The Ghost"

but one thing I notice with them recently is they are little slick and stiff when it become cold. I may need to adjust to it but I might bag icon again. Their grip on icon doesn't change with temperature. What ghosts do you put in bag now?

I've noticed with my Pink Protege (new blend) that once it starts to get below 50 here in Eastern PA, it's getting slick. Almost to the point where I'm going to switch it out.

Been using a Glow Ghost and most likely will be putting in a Icon Ghost.

I've noticed with my Pink Protege (new blend) that once it starts to get below 50 here in Eastern PA, it's getting slick. Almost to the point where I'm going to switch it out.

Regarding the underlined bit, yeah, it's been while since the temp as has been above that of late up in my area (50F = 10C); though ironically enough, today's one of those days, but between now and maybe April, those temperatures will be few and far between. Won't keep me from playing disc golf though, played through the winter last year too, won't even change my disc lineup, even with all the cold and snow.

yeah i could see them being slick in cold weather.. im a big fan of the excel ghosts as well so will prob throw them a bit more this winter but i am in South Carolina so it doesnt get too "cold" but pound for pound cant get enough of the new protege.. cant wait till i get one truly beat in to see how the plastic blend seasons

What are you finding is the most OS Ghost...plastic and color??? I've got a white 175 Icon that I just can't get consistent lines...partly because of some OAT and form issues...but i'm not confident in throwing it yet. I have a 170 Pinnacle Ghost in white/pearl and a 175 white Excel. There have been great throws, but it's not forgiving...and I don't want to give the mold up yet.

Any ghost unless really beat should cover small form issues, if it's being that inconsistent I wouldn't suggest looking for a more over stable one. Go to the field and throw the ones you have till their flying clean on the lines your trying to throw.

Any ghost unless really beat should cover small form issues, if it's being that inconsistent I wouldn't suggest looking for a more over stable one. Go to the field and throw the ones you have till their flying clean on the lines your trying to throw.

Disagree. With the completely vertical inside rim where it meets up with the bottom of the flight plate it actually is more susceptible to your fingers rolling and causing OAT. Comets have a similar shape but are less tolerant of OAT. For comparison Rancho Rocs and Roc3's that you grab off the shelf today have a very slight plus-style rim that makes the release a little smoother.

Disagree. With the completely vertical inside rim where it meets up with the bottom of the flight plate it actually is more susceptible to your fingers rolling and causing OAT. Comets have a similar shape but are less tolerant of OAT. For comparison Rancho Rocs and Roc3's that you grab off the shelf today have a very slight plus-style rim that makes the release a little smoother.
I agree with Kev. And the most overstable Ghost is a First Run Pinnacle

Lots of discs have vertical rims including every mid I throw.
All I throw are old rocs that are far more vertical in the rim than anything found today just like the ghosts I've thrown. the ghosts I've thrown had plenty of stability to cover up SMALL form issues, like I said in the first post SMALL.
My point was if something as stable as a ghost is showing form flaws it's best to work with it instead of finding something more overstable. Just like people use comets to clean up their form.
What if someone is trying so to cycle ghosts, they can't only throw the over stable ones?

Im working on getting a protege ghost cycle going just hard to get one to beat in lol but to anser the stabilty question..Most OS Ghosts from my experience... FR Pinnacle, Gunmetal Legend, 2nd Run Pinnacle, new run Blue Protege .. in that order.. from what ive thrown anyway .. oh and about the rim THANK GAWD its not a plus rim.. if Legacy starts running plus rim molds i will scream!! thats the main reason i got away from rocs in the first place

I have to say after a few throws last night with my excel and icon ghosts I noticed the healthy fade. My form has been changing lately and I probably wanted a disc to cover my mistakes. I was wrong, they are exactly what I wanted/needed and it's my form that's let me down. When released correctly the fade shows up, just can't have any OAT...

I have a FR Icon Ghost that has been referred to as a beast. A friend of mine was throwing my other ghosts out to 350-360 and couldn't get my FR past 300. For trivia's sake it's a white one at 178g.

Been throwing a icon and gravity ghost around the yard, forgot em so didnt get a chance to toss the icon at glow last night, but man these discs feel sharp or something.

Idk if im just used to the rounded feeling of the roc or what.

Also i thought gravity was like a r pro esque type plastic. Its very stiff. Kinda reminds me of maybe pro style?

I wanted protege but they didnt have any. Maybe because i got the last ghosts he will get some.

In regards to the "sharp" feeling, the rim of the Ghost is completely vertical, as opposed to today's Rancho Roc which has a slight plus-style rim.

Gravity varies by color, like a good. In my experience white was the stiffest, similar to Gateway Soft but a bit more rubbery. Orange was like R-Pro, black and yellow were in the middle.

I just found a bunch of Gravity Ghosts in my stash from Ian, all white ones. Might throw them around again this winter.

In regards to the "sharp" feeling, the rim of the Ghost is completely vertical, as opposed to today's Rancho Roc which has a slight plus-style rim.

Gravity varies by color, like a good. In my experience white was the stiffest, similar to Gateway Soft but a bit more rubbery. Orange was like R-Pro, black and yellow were in the middle.

Makes sense. The more i throw it the better its fitting in my hand. Just have to adjust i suppose.

Good call on the color, my gravity is white. And much stiffer then i was expecting from descriptions on the legacy site, which is cool with me.

how 'bout dem dere ghosts, ya?

haven't thrown one in a while, was thinking about a protege (again; haven't bought one yet). how are they flying now vs pinnacle, considered the beefier ghosts?

and vs a good kc pro roc.

So I ended up with a couple protege Ghosts as a prize. Not being that familiar with Legacy I hopped on the interwebs and it appears that the "grinder stamp" = x-out. Does that hold true for the digi-camo grinder stamp as well?