• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Legacy] Legacy Disc's Speed 14 Rampage

I believe the rating is 14, 5, -1, 2. Five of the first 7 colors are done. 600+ stamped, by tuesday 3000+ will be stamped and ready. the only 2.5cm rim and its a deep rim which is nice. Also its the sharpest edge. I believe its the sharpest the edges could possibly be and still be legal. Colors I know of are:
lime green
aqua marina
green
burgundy
strawberry red
blueberry
ice clear

Weights I heard of 173-175g.

I'd love to try a lighter one (167-9ish)

but I might snag a few of these and give them to guys up here to throw

in order to get the word starting to spread up here as well

I believe the rating is 14, 5, -1, 2. Five of the first 7 colors are done. 600+ stamped, by tuesday 3000+ will be stamped and ready. the only 2.5cm rim and its a deep rim which is nice. Also its the sharpest edge. I believe its the sharpest the edges could possibly be and still be legal. Colors I know of are:
lime green
aqua marina
green
burgundy
strawberry red
blueberry
ice clear

Weights I heard of 173-175g.
Would love a couple of the Limey Greens to fly in the dirty south. What I gotta do next to hook up?

Thanks...Charlie b

-------------------------
: "Flight is its own Reward"

I'm trying to pick up the discs Tuesday or Wednesday. Just depends on when steve rico tells me they have been stamped. I haven't been selling really, just getting ready to launch these discs.

I'm trying to pick up the discs Tuesday or Wednesday. Just depends on when steve rico tells me they have been stamped. I haven't been selling really, just getting ready to launch these discs.

I must have misunderstood your previous posts. I'll start looking for the disc elsewhere. Thanks

discs are available, look in the marketplace

This video is 2 months old and those were prototypes. They were also stiff has a board. Funny thing is they would clank when you tapped them on anything. Super overstable proto, plastic and stableness has changed since then.

Ooops. It looked like it just got posted on YouTube. Thought I was breaking news.... lol

Fade is a 4. I orginally heard wrong, its a 4.

No problem. If your at the worlds look for the Rico brothers selling these discs this week and watching double G bomb these 200meters plus. If you want any Reds I have them, let me know.

I received my two Rampages today and couldn't wait to throw them. I only threw my green one but all I have to say is that everyone is going to need to find a bigger practice field. Headwind, tailwind, it didn't matter. I generally throw destroyers and pPD2s around 430+ RHBH on flat ground without much wind for a little reference.

The wing feels very sharp in your hand. This is intensified by the amount of flashing on the edge.

My first throw was with a slight right to left tailwind, maybe 5-7 mph. With a flat release and full rip, the Rampage took off like a destroyer to start but had a little more high speed turn than your standard echo star destroyer but a little less than a broken in pPD2 that I was throwing for comparison. What surprised me was how long this thing stayed in the air. The only other disc to hand up as long was a beat in domey echo that is generally my longest destroyer. I figured they were flying about the same distance. Once I walked up to where they landed though, the Rampage was about 40 feet further than the longest destroyer. After I got home I did a little google earth measurement and it was about 510.

Throwing back into the wind pretty much head on, I was afraid that the Rampage would possibly turn too much from a flat release so I put a very slight hyzer angle on it a threw it a little higher, maybe 25-30 feet at the apex. While all but the most stable of my destroyers and PD2s were turning and not coming out of it, the Rampage flipped up and over a bit but fought out of it and continued to glide almost 30 feet past the destroyers this time. Google earthed to about 475.

I went back and forth with the wind and into it two more times and got very similar results every time. In the end I could generalize that the Rampage was faster than destroyers and PD2s, had a little more high speed turn than a new destroyer (though it is quite gradual), and glides out longer before hooking up and hyzering out. When throwing the same, the Rampage was always 15 to 20 feet left of the destroyers so I don't necessarily know that I would give it a fade of 4 but I suppose it could be that the Rampage has more of a forward, teebirdesque fade rather than a firebirds dump over fade. With so few throws, these are very vague generalizations but I found the Legacy Rampage to be faster, glidier, and that it requires less lateral room to get distance than the destroyer. I'll have to take some more throws soon but that's what I got out of it in my six throws today.

The only thing I wasn't a huge fan of was the grip. I'm kind of a big guy with largish hands and even I had trouble gripping this thing comfortably form time to time. I don't throw speed 13 discs, so jumping back and forth from the speed 14 Rampage to the 12 of Destroyers and PD2s made the speed 12 rims feel small. It was like going from Destroyers to Firebirds, it seems that much bigger.

I look forward to other people reviewing this thing. I'm not usually good at doing this type of thing but felt like I should share anyway.

Latest posts