• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Legacy] Legacy Disc's Speed 14 Rampage

I have used this technique on a few bosses and avery destroyers to make them pure killers, I will probably not on the rampage because I love its dependable fade so far. Keep the reviews and details coming in. I need insight and a new speed 14 flippier driver is in the works.

and if you drink alotta beerssss, forget it...deflashium tremens

Emery boards are the goods for this

Got my Rampage today, looks beautiful and the grip feels great. Can't wait to get on the course with this one. Thanks Lion for a quick delivery even overseas!

Wonder if i'm one of the first few to throw this disc in Finland? =)

I believe some were sold at the worlds to international players, but you could be the first person in finland. I did send some to canada and sweden. Shipping to finland only took like 5-6 days, wow that was fast. I need to thank all my buddies at the post office for getting my stuff out and holding the mail truck for me a few times.

Got my Rampage today, looks beautiful and the grip feels great. Can't wait to get on the course with this one. Thanks Lion for a quick delivery even overseas!

Wonder if i'm one of the first few to throw this disc in Finland? =)

Still waiting for a couple of lighter ones.
Kick_Can_emoticon.gif

I got my Rampages last week. Haven't had time to throw them until yesterday and again today. Here is my initial reaction:

The stamp is simple and nothing special. I actually don't like how large it is (I prefer minimal stamping on a disc), but it's a very minor detail.

The color is nice (mine are all red). It's solid and has no visual defects in the color (swirls, etc).

It's similar to Star or ESP in feel. As others have already said, there's some flashing that's quite sharp that could use a quick sanding for added comfort.

The rim feels more shallow compared to a Nuke, but is still large enough to grip comfortably.

The stability is very comparable to a beat-in Nuke. I threw it flat into a mild headwind today. It turned a little but faded nicely at the end of the flight for a ~420 ft drive. It doesn't seem to have as much glide as a Nuke, but that could come with time.

Overall, I'd compare it to a light beat-in Boss with slightly less HSS. I'm throwing it as far as my Nukes and Boss with no significant difference that I've noticed yet. I can't say it seems to fly faster than a Nuke or Boss, but it's certainly not any slower. I'm satisfied with the disc, but so far it doesn't offer me anything different than I already have. I'll continue to throw it to test durability and see how the flight changes over time of wear. It appears to be a high-quality disc from Legacy, and I look forward to seeing what else they produce.

Just to let everyone know. The Rico's let me know that the green and lime are stable, but the least stable of all the colors. They all said that they were getting the most distance with these though. I assume that you can pull the bigger S turns out of them. Once I get the pictures of future stamps I will post them. thanks

I have been throwing the 2 rampages lion hooked me up with (thanks again!) for a bit now and I feel I can give a pretty good review.

The flash on the discs came off within two rounds, which was a little disconcerting for the quality of the plastic. Fortunately the one I played with most has zero deformities to speak of after more than a few tree whacks. In fact the plastic seems to wear in about the same as star and maybe a bit better.

I don't see this disc as flippy at all. It has just enough turn to correct my misthrows but I have yet to even once turn and burn this guy. I recently took most of the OAT out of my swing so this may not be common, but I still feel like both my red rampages are more stable than Nukes out of the box. What I really like is that the LSS seems to be way less than a Nuke, which amounts to an extra 40 feet of D on my hyzer finishes.

Headwinds seem to affect the stability less than a Nuke, as I have been ripping them flat into headwinds for very gentle S curves. Tailwinds are also nice as the glide seems just high enough to prevent down elevators from screwing me out of D. Speaking of the glide, these things go. Its scary to think that the glide has gotten better each round due to wear, as it is already outgliding all of my wide rimmed drivers.

The main advantage I can see is that the fade is smooth and consistent throughout the flight. This will make them insufficient for my hyzer flip power lines, but on line drive shots its very nice to have the fade occur gradually without any semblance of meathook at the end. For some reason I feel like this disc stays nose down a bit better than most wide rimmed drivers, and as such it suffers less from nose up and skied out throws. It does very well on high line drives intending to hyzer out, because the nose naturally goes down when the fade really kicks in. Lastly, the rim seems to be really rippable for my hand, and I am consistently getting better hits out of the rampage compared to my nuke.

Down to measurable performance, I have been throwing 4 molds in the field, being 2 orcs, valk+, nuke, and rampage. The valk+ goes 380, the orcs 400, the nuke 420, and the rampages are going 430+.

My suggested rating is 13, 5, 0, 2

i see the different names of the plastics in the post above, which one is the plastic of these pearly beauties? sorry if this question has been asked/answered already...

so far i have only thrown mine one time and it was movin fast. the course i am playing today doesnt really have enough room for me to throw for big D but hopefully ill get a chance to try it out some more so i can really get an idea of what this baby has to offer.

Just to let everyone know. The Rico's let me know that the green and lime are stable, but the least stable of all the colors. They all said that they were getting the most distance with these though. I assume that you can pull the bigger S turns out of them. Once I get the pictures of future stamps I will post them. thanks

..I have a green and clear/white ones and would agree that the green is more understable than the clear ones.

Plastic is the pinnacle line. Ikon is being tested as we speak and I should have a few ikon blend proto types this week and hopefully next week they will have the production run of Ikon plastic which will be more like a star type plastic and from what the Rico's say more stable. Ikon blend will be the true stable rampage disc. Super stable is what there shooting for. They are also running translucent pinnacle blend. I will be picking it up and getting this stuff to all of you dgcr people cheaper then anywhere else. Legacy Gear will be out this week aswell.

Latest posts